785: No Cause for Concern

Official review thread

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate this episode?

No votes
♣♣
20%
♣♣♣
No votes
♣♣♣♣
20%
♣♣♣♣♣
60%

Total votes: 5

Bren
Be positive!

785: No Cause for Concern

Post by Bren »

Penny gets an opportunity to practice believing the best about Wooton when she finds out that he’s been looking into her background and public records.
Rate and discuss!

I thought the idea of who was investigating Penny was great. It was great that Nathan included his reference type writing again.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Well, I can unashamedly give this episode a full five stars.
Somehow I forgot Wellington even existed, so his appearance naturally shocked me!
The wool was completely pulled over my eyes, which is impressive, considering I happen to be a fan of shorn fabrics, so I should have known.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

In spite of me reading Woody's spoiler before the episode, I was still surprised when Wooten's twin brother appeared, because I didn't remember who Wellington is.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I totally called what was going on in this one fairly early on, but I like being able to figure stuff out, so that was fine with me. I thought this was a great episode, and I really enjoyed it!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I'm amused by the fun twin problem. This sort of thing seems plausible, if you really had a twin who randomly shows up to town and starts conducting business. And actually Wellington's reasoning is sound.

Isn't Wooton really rich? He could probably just wipe out whatever debt Penny has.

The whole marriage problem that Penny and Wooton have, doesn't really translate to what kids face, so this episode isn't really unfriendly to children, but it's unrelated and boring. I know the original AIO was so long ago, so are the writers catering to us grown up fans (think AFOL, "Adult Fan of LEGO") instead of to children/families?

So while I'm rambling about Penny, her mannerisms remind me of Pamela Hayden's Doris Rathbone: the higher pitched voice, rambling about random things, and mildly annoying way of speaking. And overall, I feel like AIO has become the Connie, Penny, and Wooton show. There are more characters out there than these. At least I like two of them...

Meh, this episode was only amusing because of the twin problem. 2/5
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: