Family Portraits

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
aragtaghooligan
29K to go!

Family Portraits

Post by aragtaghooligan »

What do you think of it and why did so much change from it to AIO. Like why is there still a Whit's End but suddenly it's an ice cream shop not a bookstore/ cafe? If they were going to make so many changes they should have started over completely fresh, but i guess this is all just speculation since it is so far in the past.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

One of the main things is that they were suddenly changing their audience. FP was made to air on Dr. Dobson's show, so it was made for adults, with kids listening in. AIO was made for kids, with adults listening in. They also had to revise backstories in order to make the show more sustainable, but they didn't want to scrap their models and characters entirely after they spent so much time into creating characters with so much potential, and who were already popular from the FP series.

The FP album on iTunes and elsewhere has a half-hour feature with Phil, Steve, and Chuck, and it really helps explain a ton of the transitional stuff betwixt the two series.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
aragtaghooligan
29K to go!

Post by aragtaghooligan »

oh thank you very much