744: Mission: Unaccomplished, Part 2

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Rate the episode!

5 stars
100%
4 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 star
No votes

Total votes: 1

Taq
A great mapmaker

744: Mission: Unaccomplished, Part 2

Post by Taq »

Go!

It is so great that Olivia and Matthew dreamed big and raised the $26,000 for Michael's surgery. I loved that other kids were involved in the solution. I'm glad that it wasn't Whit who footed the entire bill! Not that that would have been a bad solution. I just liked the involvement of the other kids.

One of my favorite moments from the show was when Eva met Senator Esther and Esther revealed that Eva had sponsored her. I've been sponsoring a little girl in the Philippines for the past 5+ years. In just couple months, I am going to the Philippines on a mission trip and will likely meet her! This is a great example of the principle of sowing and reaping. Eva's funds and encouraging words in the letters were like sowing seeds. Now the harvest reaped is evident: a leader in her village who is confident of God's love and purpose for her and all people.

The show wrap up was excellent. Olivia's interview of her family members was heartfelt and humorous. In addition, Chris' words spoke to me. What a great reminder that God loves us with and everlasting love! In my head, yeah, of course I know of God's unconditional love, but sometimes, especially as a person who loves to achieve things, I focus too much on tasks and forget that I am valuable just because. When everything's stripped away. God, I choose to receive your everlasting love now and forevermore!

Great episode!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I loved these two episodes.They reminded me of my missions trips to Mexico and the Dominican Republic. Also, I totally cried at least two different times during this half - first with Eva and Esther, than with the money for surgery! So awesome!
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.