690: The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 12

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Rate Part 12 of The Green Ring Conspiracy!

5 stars
9
50%
4 stars
7
39%
3 stars
0
No votes
2 stars
2
11%
1 star
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 18

User avatar
Bren
Former Mayor x1
Former Mayor x1
Posts: 5488
Joined: March 2008
Location: Behind the cash register
Gender:
Contact:

690: The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 12

Post by Bren »



What do those numbers mean? Listen to find out.
Last edited by Bren on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
aiofan
I got this...
Posts: 26
Joined: December 2006

Post by aiofan »

THAT'S IT?! I liked it, but I think they need another episode! I felt that things weren't wrapped completely up.

I liked those two guys driving the train though...didnt those same two characters play in the pre skits in the old days?!
User avatar
Steve
I love the \:D/ smiley
Posts: 3198
Joined: October 2010
Location: IA
Contact:

Post by Steve »

aiofan wrote:THAT'S IT?! I liked it, but I think they need another episode! I felt that things weren't wrapped completely up.

I liked those two guys driving the train though...didnt those same two characters play in the pre skits in the old days?!
Well, one of them was played by Phil Lollar. Which is very cool. \:D/
Image
P H Y S I C A L L Y | M A T U R E
User avatar
Taps
I'll catch up to Bren!
Posts: 5043
Joined: June 2010

Post by Taps »

I loved the train scene! I mean I loved the fighting the sounds of struggle it was classical radio!
Image
User avatar
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness
Posts: 5297
Joined: May 2011

Post by Knight Fisher »

Ew
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Image
User avatar
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
Posts: 19500
Joined: November 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Post by Marvin D. »

I'm going to post my review into two parts...since it's kind of long, and I'm still not done. I've rambled quite a bit in the final one, so take heed :-


Episode Twelve
You know, it’s kind of hard to believe we’re here at the end. This is my third time right here, but it’s still like...wow. You know, we’re finally here. It took a few months for it to air online, and it took me about a week to listen to it all, but this whole thing probably took less than a week for it to happen to the Odyssey guys. Nonetheless, it’s time to wrap up most of our loose ends: what will happen to Jason, where Connie, Penny, and Wooton will go, how Polehaus and Whit will stop the bad guys, what will become of Buck and Katrina, and everything else all here. And so...let’s begin.
So we start off with a rather exciting music prelude for the episode, which I think helps the listeners get ready for what is going to take place in the clincher episode of the latest saga. It begins with Don Polehaus screaming at poor Martin. Over twenty miles of chasing trucks and nothing found? Well, we do know that something else is afoot, even if we aren’t sure. Polehaus, though, is completely ballistic and demands that all the drivers be arrested and each truck disassembled piece by piece. See, Polehaus? I told you, prepare for the worst. But no, he’s overconfident—which, that whole popcorn as victory scene seemed so fake—and now he’s totally let down. Told you so! Now, he goes to try to see what Whit found.
Quickly, Eugene, Whit, and Polehaus get together on a group conference call to see what there is to tell...which isn’t much. Eugene asks if the old Ross compound was searched, which is their best bet. After all, quite a bit of the evidence is pointing that way. Matthew and Emily’s information seems to prove that there’s a fifth compound. All their work actually is helpful. It almost seems too easy, though, that everything they found points in the right direction: an underground bunker, which we know is where our trio was kept, and where it could possibly be hidden. If there were some false information included, or at least something which wouldn’t quite help them, it would have made this more realistic. But, no, everything leads right where it needs to. So off they are to the Ross compound to raid the place. HUZZAH! OFF TO THE BAD GUYS!
Well, actually not. Nothing but hay bales. Yay, Polehaus. Seriously, kid—er, detective. Tone down on all the know-it-all stuff. You would think after ALL THIS he would learn. Sometimes, I wonder who knows better. Or maybe he’s just too cocky. But then Whit sees the raspberry soda, the Winnie the Pooh blanket...now who would that be? A little kid, of course. I mean, no SENSIBLE grown up would use that kind of blanket or make that kind of mess, now would they? Oh wait. I forgot something. We’re talking about Wooton here, who obviously has NO BRAINS and can’t even add two and two without making some smart remark. YES, WOOTON WAS KIDNAPPED. If they told me to pay ransom money for Wooton, do you think I would? Good heavens no. Let him go ahead and die. He’ll go eating all the way down. Blah. Polehaus, though, is stressed because not only is this a kidnapping situation, but also there’s the money. So where was Penny and Connie and Wooton taken to? We know it’s not by roads, but where? Whit, however, has only one more hope. And it had better work, or everything is finished for.
*more epic music*
Finally, Monty gets what he’s probably been waiting for. Well, I was, at least. He now goes into the nurse and he has the full authority to come in the room. The nurse goes away, and I can’t help but think that she sounds like a whiny little kid saying, “You bet I’m gonna tell Mommy!” as she stomps off. Then Monty turns to Dirk and threatens him with the Stiletto. Thankfully, Odyssey makes all the clashes between these guys very...mild. I can’t imagine what it would be like if they said whatever they wanted to. We’d prolly here a few...choice words coming out. Then again, this is kid’s-friendly...Finally, Dirk decides to spill. And we find out some more. After the history...And then we figure out the numbers are. Numbers of freight cars attatched to a private train.
The news quickly gets around to the good gang really fast. Matthew and Emily quickly put their heads together and—amazingly fast for kids younger than me, not to say I’m old or anything :P—figure out everything just like that. It’s kinda way too fast to see that the lines on the map could mean this or that. It’s just...well, Odyssey stuff.
We immediately go back to Dirk and Monty. The whole plan was ingenious. I mean, come on. Taking separate freight cars and trains on non-used railroads to smuggle millions of counterfeit dollars around the country? That’s....genius. Nobody would ever find it. Finally, the nurse comes in at a not-crucial time for a change, and Monty leaves, once again threatening Dirk about remembering everything. Does he like to threaten Dirk? Hmm...
Once again, epic Skint music before we go to Skint and Buck. Finally, we see “the good hear that Buck has” start to come out a little bit more, as he wonders about Wooton and Penny and Connie and if they’ll be okay. True, he might be a little soft...but he’s still a criminal down there, a sinner like us all. Katrina only says that he has such a good heart. But, he’s still on the shady and gray side, Katrina... And really, Buck. After all you’ve seen of Skint, and he says there’s just one more loose end to tie up, don’t you think that that loose end could be potentially something dangerous? I mean, come on. You would have learned by now! However, he trusts Skint and is off to do something we’re all sure is going to cause a lot more trouble. Oh, Buck.
No, no, no, it’s Wooton again! *covers ears* Connie, naturally, is panicking. Wooton, on the other hand, merely says they’re making good time. Thanks, Wooton! ._. Connie keeps looking for a way out of here, and Wooton doesn’t care at all. Naturally. Penny, though, is moping about the biggest criminal in the world who was actually the same guy she had a crush on. Finally we have a little moral of sorts in the scene. Connie says that we should put our trust in God and the Bible and the Holy Spirit, which will help us discern between right and wrong. Now would have been a good time for her to mention that the only way it can happen is if we accept Christ. But she skips over that, and instead of letting Wooton say something with a moral, what happens? He switches the subject. One more thing to dislike Wooton for. Come on, really. I have lost all respect for Wooton whatsoever. If I ever liked him, I take it back. He has no sunk down to a level below Amber, Barrett, Olivia, and every character I hate, even Nelson. *stops before ranting* And then, he oh-so calmly says that there’s a way out, and he doesn’t even sound excited about it. REALLY? But, we find the Stilletto! For Jason to wake up like that and be able to keep his accent means that I’m gonna give him kudos. I mean, when I wake up, and I have a fake accent I’m trying to keep running..I don’t manage to if I just woke up. But, that’s really good. Wooton jokes again about the whole ticket thing, so I’ll avoid making a comment about it. Connie, however, realizes that the Stiletto is someone familiar. That shows she stills knows Jason no matter where he is. He then gives Connie a hint about the plates we heard about awhile back, and then tells them to get off the train. Or brace themselves. Naturally, that sounds like something Jason would say before he did it. He’s off to...stop the train. Go, Jason! And...literally, he runs away. And...on top of the train. That’s just like Jason....a nice nostalgic like feeling even here.
Back to Mr. Polehaus the Cocky, who’s once again dumbfounded when they don’t find any of the trains when the group arrives there. I’ll skip my normal rant right here, so I won’t ramble again. Promise. However, Whit has everything under control, as he just pushes his cellphone and calls his detective agency. I kinda find it weird how he’s acting here. “Oh, let ME find out by calling me agency. They know everything, ya know?” Anyways, Eugene, Matthew, and Emily trace the path...and where do you think it leads? To Haggler’s Junk Yard. Now this I find interesting. This is kind of where everything really kicked off, now it looks like major stuff can happen here with the train headed there and all. And of course, if it passes through there without being stopped, the money goes all around the country, and who knows what happens after that? I’d feel kind of helpless if it had come to that and would want to give up, because I’d feel like no matter what I’d done, it still had failed. Why keep on? However, Whit tells Eugene to keep on praying because things are getting more dangerous. And yeah, when all is screwed up, the best person to turn to is God. No matter how bad things are. We can’t ever forget it.
Yet another phone call is made, this time by Eugene to Wally and Jay. They hear the train is coming, but they don’t know where the rails are. That is kinda freaky, you know, not knowing where a train could possibly pass by? Then Eugene says he’s never stopped a train before. Possible “In Harm’s Way”, the video? Of course, there is the excuse that he didn’t help, or that the video time isn’t relevant to the audio, which is more canon...However, Matthew and Emily put their brains to good use (not that it hasn’t been for the last several minutes) and see that the tracks lead in two different ways. And then Wally divulges that there’s a track which goes through the shed. Everything kind of quickly tumbles in place. But, there’s no time to really think about what’s going to happen. I really wouldn’t have been able to have made a decision this fast. Eugene told Wally that no matter what, stopping the train was the utmost priority. But he had to think of what would happen to the others. Jeez, that would be a tough situation. However, Matthew’s work with the train oh so many episodes ago finally plays its role. I told you something would happen with it! Emily giggles about it—seems she’s forgotten Buck—and is glad that he knows about it. Boy, she shifts opinions really fast. Nontehelss, he tells Wally and Jay what to do, and they’re off. But I loved Jay’s remark here about Matthew not being a man. Jay for the win! But yeah, save the remark for later? Time is ticking out—go pull the switch!
Okay, so we go back to the train. That first guy who talks is Jess Harnell, who reminds me of Mortimer from Matthew’s ride in the Inspiration Station. The second one reminds me off Dave from the Slow Walk Down Gilead Lane Podcast doing a voice. I re-listened to it, and it surely sounds like it. Conspiracy, possibly? *knows it’s Phil Lollar, still* And if not—sue me. I’m weird. I think that’s been stated quite a few times. But anyway, all these voices sound so fake right here, that when the two guys and Jason start squabbling, it feels like the epitome of sitting in a room with people who can’t act :/ I mean, they come off as just so...weird. But anyways, the three guys are all trying to either keep the train running or stop it, and it almost comes off as hilarious. In fact, if it weren’t for the music interlude, I highly doubt I would have remembered it’s actually something dangerous going on here.
We don’t go too far away, just right over to Wally and Jay. I think Jay’s finally realized the importance of this situation. After all, he yells for Wally to hurry up. C’mon, Jay, give him a hand! This scene feels a lot like Exit from the Novacom Saga, as they’re trying to stop something right before it goes global/country-wide, and the train keeps coming closer. Jay finally sees that he needs to help Wally if they want to stop the train, even if he thinks he doesn’t need to. The train comes closer, and it’s pretty dramatic...as this is the climax of sorts. And hurrah, they get it down! *little dance* Then there’s the...moment of silence. *whispers* Hey guys...the train is coming this way. Oh right, they realize. RUUUNN FOR IT! And so they do.
Back on the train, the guys are still fighting, when one of them realizes that they’re going off the track. It’s kinda...a weird moment as one of them says they don’t have orders to stop, and the other doesn’t care. Really. Do you think I’d take instructions on that? I’d just stop! And then...it looks like the train is going to crash. It’s a breath-taking moment, as we here the train smash through the shed for several seconds, and then absolute silence. Now this is where the episode should have ended. What a cliffhanger!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Superstarseven
I don’t know what I’m doing!
Posts: 3
Joined: April 2011

Post by Superstarseven »

Knight Fisher wrote:I didn't particularly like this album. But the strange thing is, right after I listened to part 12. I listened to The Case of the Secret Room. And its TGRC in 2 episodes. Only more epic. :yes:
Yeah? And then what happened?
User avatar
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness
Posts: 5297
Joined: May 2011

Post by Knight Fisher »

Superstarseven wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:I didn't particularly like this album. But the strange thing is, right after I listened to part 12. I listened to The Case of the Secret Room. And its TGRC in 2 episodes. Only more epic. :yes:
Yeah? And then what happened?
Happened in terms of what?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Image
User avatar
Taps
I'll catch up to Bren!
Posts: 5043
Joined: June 2010

Post by Taps »

Marvin D. wrote:I'm going to post my review into two parts...since it's kind of long, and I'm still not done. I've rambled quite a bit in the final one, so take heed :-


Episode Twelve

. It begins with Don Polehaus screaming at poor Martin. Over twenty miles of chasing trucks and nothing found? Well, we do know that something else is afoot, even if we aren’t sure. Polehaus, though, is completely ballistic and demands that all the drivers be arrested and each truck disassembled piece by piece. See, Polehaus? I told you, prepare for the worst. But no, he’s overconfident—which, that whole popcorn as victory scene seemed so fake—and now he’s totally let down. Told you so!
B So off they are to the Ross compound to raid the place. HUZZAH! OFF TO THE BAD GUYS!
Well, actually not. Nothing but hay bales. Yay, Polehaus. Seriously, kid—er, detective. Tone down on all the know-it-all stuff. You would think after ALL THIS he would learn.!
Oh come on Marvin that's a little much. I think Detective Polehaus did a great job :yes: Better then agent Borland *scoffs*
Image
User avatar
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
Posts: 19500
Joined: November 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Post by Marvin D. »

No, really, I think he would have expected the worst after all this :- I always try to keep a :| attitude on things, that way I'm not nearly as dissapointed ;)


Episode Twelve, Part Two (12:30-->)
Back on the train, the guys are still fighting, when one of them realizes that they’re going off the track. It’s kinda...a weird moment as one of them says they don’t have orders to stop, and the other doesn’t care. Really. Do you think I’d take instructions on that? I’d just stop! And then...it looks like the train is going to crash. It’s a breath-taking moment, as we here the train smash through the shed for several seconds, and then absolute silence. Now this is where the episode should have ended. What a cliffhanger!
I’m sure we all wanna know what happened to the two guys on the train—er, more like, Jason and the trio...I don’t care about what happened to Wooton or those two guys. Or Penny much for that matter. Only Jason and Connie need to really survive. Anyways, Wally and Jay are all right, even if we can’t account for the shed. But what’s a shed when saving the lives of all these people? Then out of the train comes the last person anyone would expect—Archie Haggler. Of course, Wally and Jay are confuzzled as to why he’s there. I’m surprised Archie put up little fight once Wally got around to telling him that he knew just about everything and that Archie’d be going to jail. That last line of Archie as he gave a short laugh and said parole almost seemed kind of sad. Did he think there was no hope for him? Or did he have something else in store?
Then we find out what’s happened to Connie, Wooton, and Penny. For the first time, Wooton shows just the slightest bit of concern for the girls, but as soon as he finds out they’re all right, it’s back to the wisecracks. Oh, joy. And then Connie realizes who the Stiletto was. It’s Jason! See? She would know him anywhere. *will avoid long rant on the possibilities of Connie marrying Jason or Jimmy because the writers dumped Mitch* Of course, Penny has no idea who he is, and instead of being grateful for his saving them, she complains about the bad driving service. Understandable, I suppose. But still, be thankful you’re alive!
With the Skint music, we go back to Skint and Buck, and Buck is finally starting to realize that Skint is up to no good. It would have suited me better if he’d realized that long before. I mean, with everything going on, wouldn’t Buck think something was wrong? Anywho, they enter the trailer where Katrina is still making noises. Why would she, if she knew the others would come for her the next day? I dunno, but it doesn’t seem very Katrina-like. Or perhaps she didn’t know it was Buck and Skint coming back. But it’s the moment of decision. Buck decides that he won’t go along with Skint’s plan to take “Ms. Katrina”—and that should be Mrs. Katrina actually, come to think of it—along as a hostage. And then we see Skint’s other side. Instead of caring for Buck and taking him, he deserts Buck. There’s a long moment of silence, and all he says is, “I’m going to miss you. I really will.” Really? But now, Buck knows that Skint was never who he thought he was...even if he learned the hard way.
Back at the train site, Whit is surprised that Monty’s out of the hospital. Oh, that boy. Monty’s use of “the bad guys” seems...unprofessional and more like something kids would use. I never say “the bad guys” unless it fits the situation...here he could have said something like the counterfeiting gang or whatnot. Proof of trying to make the show for littler kids, or my being overrational? Then Connie runs up to Whit, and right here, I miss Paul Herlinger. Andre Stojka doesn’t come off as too worried, yet glad that Connie’s okay. It’ll have to do, but that bond isn’t here...it still feels too fake. And of course, Connie can’t keep the secret about Jason, and she immediately tells the message about TLC and the plates...or, the original engraving plates. And the mystery still isn’t quite over...because the plates need to be found. Oh, brother.
We do get to see Matthew and Emily and Eugene, our little overly smart library group who played a crucial role in the mystery. I remember how at the beginning of the season, some people were afraid the Jones and Parker Detective Agency would solve it. Fortunately, we had the usage of children in this, but they didn’t totally solve the case, and Emily had to drag her sidekick/partner everywhere they went. Katrina and Buck come back, and there’s the awkward silence of betrayal. I’ve had those awkward conversations before, where you’re not exactly sure what to say, and you want to talk about anything but that. There’s some silence, but Buck quickly explains too. I really don’t like how Katrina kind of smirks and says, “I told you I was right about him. Na na ne na na,” kinda thing. While Eugene should have apologized...everything so far makes Buck think he’s actually “not half-bad”. How will he ever be saved if he finds out he’s a sinner? It’ll be too hard for him to accept it. Katrina made him feel too much like he had a big heart. Blah. Buck does apologize to Emily and Matthew, even if they can’t say anything to him at the moment. At least...the three kids have come together on slightly better. And hopefully Buck will change in the right way.
Once again, back at the train site, Polehaus updates granddad and grandson on the current situation. Everyone’s blaming each other? Fuuunn. That’s what criminals always do. Not a real friend bond, I say. Meanwhile, all heads are put together, trying to figure out what TLC is. We do find out it’s been only a couple of days since meeting Mr. Skint at the dock...meaning this whole conspiracy happened in less than a week. Time sure did fly then. However, Monty thinks he has a clue...another one. And we’re all sure it will work, because we don’t get false clues in the final episode, do we?
And so we’re off to TLC—not tender loving care, not Trickle Lake Concrete, but Trickle Lake’s Dock C. Clever, innit? I’ll give these criminals one thing: the plan was pretty ingenious. I mean, if nobody knew, I highly doubt they would ever find engraving plates at a certain dock, chained to a post, and in the water. But then they hear a noise on the inside and go to look. A hostage? No, just Trask...TRASK! Arrest him! I’m surprised he didn’t give his whole mumbo-jumbo talk about admiring the view and seeing the nature of God in it. However, it’s finally justice, and the “good people of Odyssey” take Trask, who nearly got away with it, and lead him to jail—and for him to find his several lawyers. And then Whit kind of says goodbye to Polehaus. Polehaus has definitely been one of the more interesting characters in this season...can’t say I totally liked him, but he was okay. He isn’t one for sentiments, so he just thanks Whit for everything, because if it weren’t for he and Monty and the others, millions of counterfeit dollars would have been everywhere. And Monty and Whit share their congratulations, and Monty finally goes to make his call to his mother, which was promised back at the beginning of the episode.
Back at home, we come to the closing scene of the Green Ring Conspiracy. We’ve wrapped up things decently, even if it’s a hasty wrap up—Penny, Connie, Wooton, Eugene, Katrina, Buck, Emily, Matthew, Monty, Poleahus, Jay and Wally, Archie and Trask, and the others. Now, it’s time to just about put it all to rest. It’s a nice, slower scene, after all the excitement we’ve been having. Jason’s back to normal, and Whit asks him some down-to-earth questions. It’s nice to hear Jason’s normal voice, but it’s not for long, because Jason’s going back to Hong Kong to stop Mr. Grote. It’s good that he’s doing that, but who knows what’ll happen to one of the best characters on the show? Nonetheless, just like that, Jason goes away once again, off to help save the world. And thus ends the Green Ring Conspiracy. For now.
*really epic music ending*
Good grief, even though there are so many questions which still need to be answered! I mean, what’s gonna happen to everyone’s—or at least mine—least favorite couple? And Jason’s going after Mr. Grote? Or Mr. Skint? Or Buck and Katrina and Eugene? Everything was just thrown together to come for the ending. Chris gives an extra long talk though at the end of the episode, and I’ll now go to say that this conspiracy was decent. It was nothing like Novacom or the Blackgaard saga. There were several less-than-memorable characters, such as Wooton and Trask and Dirk, and the more prominent ones, like Jay and Polehaus. It’s definitely been kiddy-ized, and I’ve lost some interest in the show. However, it’s still okay. Kind of. For now. Time will tell as more comes out regarding this whole mystery, won’t it? And thus, I give this episode a 8/10 rating, and this album as a whole, 7.5-8/10 rating.
Whoo, I’m done reviewing episodes for now!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
User avatar
Steve
I love the \:D/ smiley
Posts: 3198
Joined: October 2010
Location: IA
Contact:

Post by Steve »

Marvin D. wrote:No, really, I think he would have expected the worst after all this :- I always try to keep a :| attitude on things, that way I'm not nearly as dissapointed ;)
Though, would you expect the worst if you hadn't heard the bad guy scenes? Or the scene with Whit and his Stilleto of a son Jason?
Image
P H Y S I C A L L Y | M A T U R E
User avatar
Christian A.
I love the ToO!
Posts: 1063
Joined: April 2011
Location: Copley, Ohio
Contact:

Post by Christian A. »

I'm debating within myself over which way I'm going to review this last episode this week. The last couple of weeks, I've listened to the episode all the way through once, and then I've started to review it. Then I hear it on our local radio station later in the morning, get some new insights, and then finish the review, scene by scene. But this week, since it's the last show of the season, I'm thinking about reviewing as I listen for the first time. It'd be more difficult, and I think it'd take a little longer, but it might turn out better. But I so badly want to listen to the whole thing and see how it all turns out! I don't know what I'm going to do. I've been waiting for weeks to hear this last episode, even though I could listen at any time now that I have ownership of the CD, so now that I'm finally authorized to listen to Part 12, I think I'll just enjoy, then I'll review it.

Wow. Fast forward half an hour, and I'm pretty impressed. Pretty much all the story lines were resolved, and all without making the episode feel too long. In fact, I think this episode was actually a bit shorter than most of the others, because there was time for an extra-long ending with Chris at the end. But anyway, here's my review:

The first scene of the show takes place apparently an hour or so after the last one left off. Detective Polehaus is reeling and yelling over the fact that after a 20-mile chase with the trucks, not a single dollar was found. He yells to Martin that he wants all the drivers arrested and every single inch of the equipment in the trucks disassembled, because the money has to be somewhere! Duh, but I highly doubt that the counterfeiters would be so dull as to let their money be in such an obvious place. Maybe, detective, you could look for the money in a less obvious place, since criminals usually try not to be obvious? :P Just a suggestion.

Martin gets Mr. Whittaker on the line, at Polehaus's command, and in the next scene, Whit connects him with Eugene in a conference call. Polehaus informs them both about the absence of money in the trucks, and Whit deduces that the only other place they're hoping the money could be hidden is the Old Ross Compound. But Polehaus reminds them that he checked the whole compound and didn't find anything. He says he has a man staked out there now, but it's been quiet. They stormed Dr. Trask's house, but he was gone, and there was no room for millions of counterfeit dollars, so the compound really is their last lead. Whit remembers that Matthew and Emily were researching at the library, and he asks Eugene if they found anything about the compound. Emily jumps in and tells about a layout that she found of the five buildings in the compound. Polehaus stops her and asks if she's sure there are five, because he only saw four. Emily says that yes, there is an extra building that's over to the east of the compound. Matthew found some information that suggests it's a gigantic underground bunker that would be covered over to look like a hill. That's enough information for Detective Polehaus--he decides to raid the place! (But somehow we just know that isn't going to work. :))

So they raid the bunker, but all they find is...hay bales? How is this possible?! Detective Polehaus was so sure that he was going to catch them! He was so sure that the criminals would be dull enough to stay in one area long enough to be caught! How could they have gotten away with Polehaus's men watching all the roads?! Uggh. Polehaus is way too full of himself and way too intent on catching the bad guys. He really thinks that they are going to be dumb enough to stay in one spot so he can catch them and haul them off to jail. I thought he was supposed to be a professional detective. But I guess he is only from Connelsville. Anyway, Whit's concerned about another aspect to this whole thing that has just been brought to light. He sees licorice bags, raspberry soda cans and a Winnie the Pooh picnic blanket on the ground. Was it the criminals taking a quick break to celebrate Polehaus's stupidity? I think not. Whit knows enough to be sure that it was Wooton. And who else would Wooton be having a picnic with than Penny and Connie? This means that the conspirators must have kidnapped the trio! Oh no! I'm so concerned that this could mean the end of Wooton! No, not really.

In the next scene, Monty, as Whit's "one last hope" to find out from Dirk Beggs what the numbers mean, bursts into Beggs's hospital room to make one last interrogation. Of course, the nurse is ticked again, and she runs off to get Dr. Graham. I think Marvin made a perfect analogy when he compared her actions to a little girl running off to tell Mommy that Big Brother is disobeying. :P With her out of the way, Monty threatens Dirk with being left to the Stiletto (even though neither of them yet knows who he really is), and Dirk decides to give in and spill everything, since he guesses that the money is probably long gone by now. He reveals that the numbers in his cell phone were from a text message that Mr. Skint sent to him. He scribbled the numbers down from the cell phone, and he was supposed to pass it on to the Stiletto, but Agent Tanner called, there was a tussle in the plane, and it crashed, and everything went downhill from there. But back to the point, Dirk finally uncovers the key to this whole puzzle: the numbers are freight cars attached to a private train.

Jumping right to the next scene, Mr. Whittaker relays the information to a very surprised Eugene, and Matthew finally understands how everyone disappeared from the compound. There's a line on the map that appears to be a dry riverbed or a road which leads to a railroad track. The counterfeiters must have used it to get the money to the waiting freight cars, and by now they're traveling at high speeds to distribute the fake cash all across America.

Back at the hospital, Monty is getting more information out of Dirk. The train will be taken to Chicago on a track that hasn't been used in years. Along the way, the freight cars holding the money will be coupled off with other engines waiting at places throughout the country, and then they'll be taken to rendezvous points where the money will be collected and distributed. As Monty remarks, it was a great idea. What better way to inconspicuously distribute counterfeit money throughout the entire country but by train. No one but the hardest thinkers would even consider the possibility of using a train, so it could all be done possibly right under the noses of watching policemen and detectives. And you have to give props to Mr. Groat for coming up with this big plan from his station in Korea; it's the perfect way to break America down from the inside, without anyone aware of it. Financial terrorism, Jason called it. Genius. After that explanation, the nurse comes back in and Monty has to leave, but we've gotten all the information necessary to stop the counterfeiters. And now the question is, can we stop them?

In comes the Skint music, along with the sound of a train, and Mr. Skint tells Buck that it's all over now; everything is taken care of. But Buck's concerned about the three hostages in one of the freight cars. Skint assures him that they'll be alright; they'll probably be dropped off and pointed back in the right direction somewhere along the way. However, Buck isn't satisfied, because he remembers that Archie talked about getting rid of those who got in the way. But Mr. Skint says that that isn't their concern, but that they need to focus on the one task they have left to accomplish. To me, it sounded here like Skint meant to get rid of Buck, but as the show progresses, it seems that he really does care for Buck, and the one last job they have to do is to take Katrina as a hostage for insurance.

Then, after a commercial break, we get our first view inside the train where Connie is starting to get into her stressed mood. She doesn't know where she's going, she's trapped, and she's surrounded by millions of dollars she can't spend. (Honestly, the sinful, wicked part of my nature is telling me that I would have stuffed my pockets with some of that stuff. I don't know how the counterfeiters trusted them to do that. But the righteous, godly part of me would have done something like opened all the boxes and dumped them out of the train. :D That would have been fun.) While Connie is stressed, Wooton is care-free and making his annoying wisecracks, and Penny is dejected and doesn't feel like even trying to get out because the man she trusted most in the world has turned out to be a fake. Then Connie makes an amazing revelation and tells us that that is the very reason why she doesn't trust anybody. What? Is she serious?! No, actually. But (and in comes one of the most theologically deep deliveries in the whole season), we have to know where to put our trust. She says that Christians start with Jesus (yes, exactly!), putting our trust in Him, and then everything else comes after that--the Bible, and the Holy Spirit for wisdom and help. The Spirit's illumination using the Scripture is how we discern between who we do and don't trust. Connie tells Penny that although we still make mistakes, she likes to think the Holy Spirit's influence cuts down on a lot of them that she's inclined to make.

I'm so glad that that all was put in there. Yes, we are inclined to make mistakes as part of our totally depraved sinful nature. But we need to first and foremost trust in Jesus' atonement to cover over our sin and to vindicate us before a holy God. And we trust in His perfect life that's accredited to our account to present us as righteous before God. And then the Holy Spirit uses the Word of God to cut to our hearts and convict us and give us truth for life. Amen! All that may have almost totally redeemed all of the sketchy stuff about good hearts and good people that Katrina's been spewing out like a hose spurting filthy water. Anyway, Wooton, who is getting really good at ignoring spiritual things, changes the subject to the fact that based on his knowledge of a train that someone he knew from Alaska once owned (could this be the same friend who owned the underground bunker?), there should be a trap door right behind the pile of boxes in the corner. But just before they start to clear the way, a loud banging sound starts to come from a large man-sized crate. They undo the latches, and see a man wearing sunglasses and a hat with a New Yorkian accent who is groggy from drugs used to persuade him into the box. I don't know about you, but I'd be a little freaked out if I came across a shady character such as the Stiletto. He asks Wooton which way will get him out of the train, and as he goes out, he tells Connie by name that she needs to tell Mr. Whittaker that "the plates are at TLC." He then leaves, planning to run along the top of the train because Wooton tells him that it usually gives him inspiration. I'd like to know how many times Wooton has had the chance to run atop a train to know that it frequently gives him inspiration. But my main concern is that I hope there aren't any tunnels coming up any time soon. Yeesh!

Well, I'm sorta out of time for now, so I think that I'm going to do what Marvin did, and divide my review into two parts. Hopefully I can get the second part out by tomorrow morning. But I'd still like to hear your comments on this part! Thank you for reading!

Sorry there's a little time jump in there. Between the fourth and fifth paragraphs were abotu three days that I was too busy to write the rest of the review.

-- June 2nd, 2011, 9:53 am --

Okay, so we left Jason running across the top of the train to get to the engine to stop the train to stop the trip across the county to stop the counterfeiters from getting their money distributed everywhere. Important stuff. I think Marvin had a great idea in comparing this episode to Exit, the last episode in the Novacom saga, where everything is a fast-paced attempt to end a plot to take over the world with mind control. I think Novacom did do a better job with making you feel like it was a world-wide conspiracy because there were several episodes were Jason was experiencing Andromeda's effects in Alaska and even to some extent when he was in Ecuador. In this newer saga, we're only just now starting to get the idea that this could be an American crisis, but it really doesn't feel that way; it certainly doesn't seem like a few guys (i.e. Dr. Trask) could be behind a plot to overthrow America from the inside. But Jason did relay that Mr. Groat said that these guys think that they're just in it to get money. They don't know the deeper purpose, whereas in the Novacom Saga, everyone except probably the employees at Novacom knew what was going on; it wasn't controlled by some big guy in Korea. The chairman was right in town at one point. But in regards to the type of episode--fast paced, adventure/thriller--TGRCXII and Exit are pretty similar. But unlike Exit, as my dad remarked, there were a lot of things in this episode that had to come together at just the right time. That ends up making the episode feel somewhat rushed and implausible. In Exit, however, everything made sense and came together in a liquid way that didn't seem coincidental. But now that I've taken care of that comparison, I'll get back to the review and try to finish it before I have to go eat breakfast and start my day.

Whit and Polehaus arrive at the train track, and again, to the detective's surprise, the bad guys got away! Who would have guessed that a train would be faster than a few old men on foot? Whit calls his research team at Whit's End to ask where the tracks lead because the police's maps don't have the track on them. Matthew says that the track continues down the mountain, past Shadow Springs, and on to...Haggler's Junkyard! What a crazy, random happenstance! The train just happens to go to a split in the track where it could head off to the business of someone who's involved in this whole thing. I think maybe Archie would have been smart enough to look ahead on his map and see that there was a possibility for a run-in with his brother, and then he would have done everything possible to insure that wouldn't happen. But that's where the train finds itself, and Mr. Whittaker ends the scene telling Eugene to pray--specifically because he believes Connie, Penny, and Wooton are on the train.

Eugene calls Wally Haggler at the junkyard who can "hear the train a-comin'. It's comin' round the bend!" When I heard that line I knew it had to be alluding to something like a line from a song or a movie. Sure enough, the ever-faithful AIO Wiki reports that it's a reference to the song "Folsom Prison Blues," an old Johnny Cash song. Anyway, in their attempts to figure out how to stop the train, the investigative team at Whit's End figures out that there should be a track-split with one track going into the junkyard. Wally confirms the information, but says that it's old, overgrown, and it leads right to his storage shed! (We can just see the disaster coming. ;D) But Eugene commands that stopping the train must be the priority. They look around for the electronic box or button to switch the track, but then Matthew asks what type of train it is. Wally replies that it is part of the Barrymore line, and what a coincidence, that's the same one that Emily hammered Matthew for knowing too much useless information about. Matthew tells him that there should be just an old-fashioned manual switch he'll need to throw right at the spot where the track splits. Jay goes on the same tirade Emily previously did, but Emily shows her excitement and says that she's glad Matthew knows what he's doing. Hmm...maybe more evidence of a crush? ;) Matthew yells to pull the switch, and Wally tells Jay to help him do what the man said. But Jay's too concerned about the fact that his uncle just called Matthew a man; Wally yells at him to drop it and just help him pull the switch!

Over on the train, the engineer, a wonderful voicing job by Jess Harnell, argues with Barney, a wonderful voicing job by Phil Lollar, about where and when the train will need to drop off the freight cars. To the extreme surprise of the engineer, Jason appears, no longer disguising his voice. Jason expresses his desire to stop the train, but the engineer stops him because he doesn't have orders for that. He tells Barney to call Uncle Archie to see if the orders came from him. Jason makes an attempt to grab the phone, beginning an all-out, old-fashioned radio fight accompanied by exciting music. The three guys are in a tussle for control of the train, knocking over the engineer's coffeepot in the process, to his utter dismay.

Meanwhile, Jay cheers Wally on as he tries to pull the switch. Then Wally gets the genius idea that maybe Jay should help him. Jay is disappointed, because he thought he already did his hero bit yesterday when he threatened to shoot Buck with the ice cream scoop, but he reluctantly helps his uncle. When they finally get it, they take a moment to bask in their victory, but then realize that they should probably get out of the way, and they make a run for it. Back in the train, the engineer stops the fight over the phone when he notices the two characters who just messed with the tracks. They realize what has happened, Barney yells for the engineer to stop the train, but he doesn't have orders, so he's paralyzed. Therefore, Jason just yells for them all to brace themselves because they're going to crash into the storage shed. And crash they do! There's a very prolonged crashing sound that sounds great in my earphones that are apparently equipped with surround sound. It was a classic radio sound effect that must have taken the sound designers a good bit of time to construct.

After a commercial break, Wally and Jay get up at the crash site, and Wally whines about his demolished shed, but Jay consoles him with the thought of all the sheet metal he'll get out of it. To most everyone's surprise then, Archie Haggler pulls himself out of the wreckage wondering what happened. He says hello to Wally and George...er...Jay, and Wally welcomes his brother to his place of business. But Archie is concerned about the fact that they weren't supposed to stop here. Wally lets him know that his train made a detour, but that he might have a job for Archie...once he gets out of jail. The carnival master hardly thinks he's going to jail, but then police sirens are heard blaring in the background, and Wally tells him he's not getting out of this one. But if he decides to stop being a haggler and starts acting like a decent human being, Wally says, he might get an early parole. A very disillusioned and discombobulated Archie seems to have a hard time getting that thought through his head. Sad.

Rewind a minute or so, and a little further down the track our favorite trio of hostages experience the train crash from their position on the train. As soon as Wooton makes sure everyone is alright, he starts another attempt of making light of the situation and he and Penny talk about how comfortable the crash was because of all the money, and that Uncle Archie should think about instigating them into his Whiplash ride to make it softer. They are pretty oblivious, because not only did the carnival just auction off all of the parts because they were finished with them, but Archie is part of a nationwide counterfeit ring, and they still want him to run a carnival. Unbelievable. Connie realizes right at that moment that the man with the accent whom they found in the box was Jason! Penny ends the scene with a remark that whoever he was, she doesn't give him high marks for his train driving.

Then for probably the last time ever, we hear the Skint music. *sniffs* I think I'm going to miss it--not! Buck and Mr. Skint have come back to the trailer to take Katrina as a hostage. But Buck is very opposed to the idea, and he argues with Mr. Skint about it. Skint assures him that he wouldn't do it unless it was necessary for their survival. But Buck understands all that now, and he sees through Mr. Skint's lies, and he now knows that there's more to life than survival. Mr. Skint tells him that it's fine if he wants to stay, but he warns him that, unlike him, the police know what Buck looks like, and if he takes Katrina back, he'll almost certainly be caught. But Buck stands up in the face of his guardian, and makes the right choice. Skint leaves, and Buck unties and ungags Katrina; she tells him that she prayed he would do what he did.

Back at the junkyard, Whit comes upon Monty and tells him he should be in the hospital. But Monty asks if they have the money and the bad guys. Whit says that the boxes have been rounded up, and Archie and his gang are in custody. I'm wondering how Jason got away without getting arrested, but that isn't answered. Connie runs up to Whit and tells him that she saw Jason and he had a message: the plates are at TLC. I'd never heard this before, but apparently those initials usually stand for Tender, Loving Care, so that's what Whit assumed. But when Monty hears about the plates, he knows that Jason meant the engraving plates. When I heard this, I thought that they were being strangely naive, because I thought it was obvious that TLC ment Trickle Lake Concrete/Cement.

Over at Whit's End, Eugene thanks Matthew and Emily for the critical part they played in stopping the criminals. They say they were glad to help--except that they had to be in a library so long with computers that are so outdated. :D Then Katrina comes in and tells Eugene about her mission to rescue Buck that got flipped around so that he rescued her. Buck comes down the stairs and says hello. Eugene somewhat reluctantly thanks him for saving his wife, and then Buck apologizes to Matthew, but Emily specifically for all the lies and for using her. He says that they're good people who deserved better. (Once again, Katrina's horrible indoctrination is putting the wrong things into his mind. And I absolutely hate to think about what this may have done to the actor, who more than likely isn't a Christian. "There is none good but God." We all deserve hell! Not anything better. How can unbelievers see their need for savlation if they think they are good people?) Just before Katrina leaves to take Buck to the police station, Emily asks where Mr. Skint is. Buck explains, and Emily says she's sorry. After they leave, Matthew asks Eugene what will happen to Buck. Eugene says he doesn't know, but whatever it is, he wants to believe it will change him for the better, by the grace of God. There we go, right there! 1. Buck needs changed for the better. He doesn't have a good heart. Jeremiah 17:9 and 2. It can only happen by the grace of God. We cannot do anything to change our hearts for the better. It is God who regenerates us; it is God who saves. We have absolutely nothing to do with it, other than the fact that it is us God chooses to save--us, wretched and wicked as we are. Even though it was our sin that put Christ on the cross, God loves us anyway. That is the message that needs to be carried across, and I'm glad it was strongly hinted at here. Eugene's line comes close to redeeming everything wrong Katrina previously said. But not completely.

In the next scene, Detective Polehaus meets with Whit and Monty, telling them his team has everyone who was on the train booked, and he's got APBs out on Skint and Trask. But they still have to figure out what is meant by TLC. Monty reminds them that a truck stopped at Trickle Lake Cement, but Polehaus says that was checked out, and it was supposedly for material for Archie's patio--except that there's no concrete patio at Archie's house. They seem to be at a dead end. But Monty didn't come all this way just to fail at the end. Whit reminds him, however, that it was only a few days before that he met with Mr. Skint on the dock, so he hasn't failed at all. That triggers something in Monty's brain though, and he now knows what TLC means.

They rush to Trickle Lake and head to Dock C, where the original meeting place was. There is a chain hanging on one of the posts of the dock, and the team figures out that the truck's stop at Trickle Lake Concrete must have been to get a hollow block of cement in which the engraving plates could be stashed and hidden. No one would have ever guessed to look for them at the bottom of a lake, and Dr. Trask is still out there, so he could have pulled those up at any time and escaped to another part of the country to restart his operation. But wait, do I hear another weird coincidence calling? Yep! At the very time that the guys are looking at the lake, they hear a sound from inside the nearby boathouse. Detective Polehaus kicks down the door again, and who is there but...Dr. Benjamin Trask. He claims to have been admiring the waves, but somehow, I think Polehaus doubts that was what he was doing from inside the shed, so he arrests the professor. As Trask is hauled off, he tries to explain to the detective something about his lawyer and the circumstantial aspects to the events at hand. Oh boy. To end the scene, Detective Polehaus thanks Whit and Monty for all their help, and then Whit ties everything up by congratulating Monty on the completion of his first big case and telling him to go call his mother like Whit promised Jana he'd do.

In the last scene, Whit comes upon Jason who's gotten into his house, apparently by breaking a window. He says that he had a meeting with Mr. Groat before he was drugged into the crate. He decided he didn't trust him anymore and was trying to get rid of him. Now Jason's going to follow him back to Hong Kong and try to tie up that loose end. Whit warns him not to get lost in the labyrinth, and then he leaves. Whit closes out the album by remarking, "Case closed...for now." Hmm...

Chris does an extra-long finishing speech about what we should have learned throughout this album. She says she hopes that listening to this will have given listeners things to think about and discuss with family and friends. Honestly, I haven't thought about doing that at all. I don't really think to apply the principles used in mysteries to real life. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not planning on talking about how to see through deceit and lies and discerning truth with my friends. But maybe that's just me. Chris gives a short salvation message right at the end that is a little better than last week's, but not much. But I guess I can be thankful it was there. Then she gives the list of actors and actresses, and implores us to join her next time for another Adventure in Odyssey. I certainly hope to.

Well, that's it! I'm done! Whoo-hoo! *does a dance around the room* This has easily been the toughest reviewing season I've done yet. Hopefully I won't have to do my reviews this way again for a long time. Please tell me what you think! Thank you for reading!
User avatar
Peachey Keen
I love the ToO!
Posts: 1180
Joined: July 2008
Location: Where The Wind Comes Sweeping Down The Plain
Gender:

Post by Peachey Keen »

Whit's line at the end, "Case closed...for now," reminded me of the Chairman's line at the end of the Novacom Saga. I sure hope they pick up the loose ends in the Green Ring Conspiracy and come back to them, like the writers didn't do with Novacom.
User avatar
Steve
I love the \:D/ smiley
Posts: 3198
Joined: October 2010
Location: IA
Contact:

Post by Steve »

Peachey Keen wrote:Whit's line at the end, "Case closed...for now," reminded me of the Chairman's line at the end of the Novacom Saga. I sure hope they pick up the loose ends in the Green Ring Conspiracy and come back to them, like the writers didn't do with Novacom.
Actually, I believe they are going to do some of that in Album 54, this fall. Unfortunately most of it will be more Wooton, Penny, Connie random/boringness. :(
Image
P H Y S I C A L L Y | M A T U R E
User avatar
Leonard Meltsner
The Council must persist
Posts: 1542
Joined: January 2010
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Christian A. wrote:He says that they're good people who deserved better. (Once again, Katrina's horrible indoctrination is putting the wrong things into his mind. And I absolutely hate to think about what this may have done to the actor, who more than likely isn't a Christian.
If I remember from the interview with Robby Bruce correctly, he is a Christian, and is a long-time fan of the show.
Image
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
User avatar
Steve
I love the \:D/ smiley
Posts: 3198
Joined: October 2010
Location: IA
Contact:

Post by Steve »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:
Christian A. wrote:He says that they're good people who deserved better. (Once again, Katrina's horrible indoctrination is putting the wrong things into his mind. And I absolutely hate to think about what this may have done to the actor, who more than likely isn't a Christian.
If I remember from the interview with Robby Bruce correctly, he is a Christian, and is a long-time fan of the show.
Yes, he's a Christian. If you watch the video interview on the CD set, he's wearing a "Stick With Jesus" T-shirt.
Image
P H Y S I C A L L Y | M A T U R E
User avatar
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness
Posts: 5297
Joined: May 2011

Post by Knight Fisher »

But where is Tasha? This arc shouldn't of had Jason if they weren't going to have Tasha back. As implied in Accidental Dilemma.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Image
Dave
I'm finally not a No0b
Posts: 656
Joined: April 2005
Contact:

Post by Dave »

My thoughts on some of the things that happened in this episode can be heard in my review of the last five episodes of this album...

User avatar
Leonard Meltsner
The Council must persist
Posts: 1542
Joined: January 2010
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Dave, that was a great review! I loved your chiding of Marvin:

"And some people have actually been very harsh of Penny... Marvin."
Image
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
User avatar
Christian A.
I love the ToO!
Posts: 1063
Joined: April 2011
Location: Copley, Ohio
Contact:

Post by Christian A. »

Dave wrote:My thoughts on some of the things that happened in this episode can be heard in my review of the last five episodes of this album...

I do see your point about how Paul McCusker did other shows that showed his real views, but I just really think that, taking what Katrina said at face value, kids could be misled. I know older listeners can pick through what she said and discern what she really meant, but I'm just concerened about what the 8-12 target range will get out of it.

And, yes, I did do a happy dance. (But I did it mentally, not physically. :P)

Penny does have some good aspects to her. Yes, she did make good comments that softened up some of the intense scenes. She was much better than Wooton, who annoyingly jumped in and changed the subject whenever something serious was said. I think Penny is more like what Wooton was when he first started. But I think the writers have run out of beneficial things for him to say because they're dumping all of the funny lines on Jay. That isn't a bad thing, but I just want the old Wooton back. (P.S. Did you know that the actress for Penny is in her late fifties?!)

I hadn't thought about all those factors that made the train crash quite anticlimactic. I agree that especially Part 12 seemed to be very much directed toward a younger audience because of the large number of strange coincidences.

7/5 stars??!! Oh, 7/10, yeah, that's probably what I'd give it too.

I think that the whole album spanned over a few days, not even a week. There was no break for a Sunday, so I'm pretty sure it was probably, at most, a Monday to Saturday thing.

If Jason sounded different at all (I didn't notice anything), it was probably either because he was under a whole lot of pressure, or because, around the time of the train crash, he's still under the influence of drugs.

Penny and Wooton can stay in Odyssey, and can stay friends with Connie, but I really don't think they should be anywhere near each other. They aren't good for each other. ;)

I very much look forward to your reviews of Album 51! And thanks for mentioning me! I'm sure Marvin's probably happy too. :D
Post Reply

Return to “Episode Reviews”