564: "A Most Intriguing Question"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What did you think of "A Most Intriguing Question"

5 Stars - Well duh, what else would I give it?
72%
4 Stars - Almost perfect but it was missing something
20%
3 Stars - Pretty Good!
5%
2 Stars - Nothing stood out (Did I mention I'm deaf?)
2%
1 Star - I am no longer an Odyssey fan
2%

Total votes: 61

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Exactly as Jonathan phrased it. "It was to grab our attention so we would listen to next week's ep." Heh. As if we wouldn't listen otherwise. But it definitely makes for a long and suspensful week. It's going to be difficult concentrating on any homework with these AIO conjectures at the back of my mind. ](*,)

I hope we from a few more characters in the next two episodes . . .
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I'm going to soften my conjecture a bit that the "Katrina-voice" wasn't Pamela Hayden simply because I relistened to my tape recorded off the radio and all the characters' (Whit, Tom, Eugene, Connie, Bernard, William Foster) voices sounded off to me. So it would naturally follow that Katrina's voice would sound strange too even if that was Pamela Hayden. Has anyone figured out yet who the Audrey person they credited at the end is? :?
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

It could be the voice of the computer.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

-Bennett Charles wrote:It could be the voice of the computer.
That is what I was thinking, but I still wonder about Katrina. They did not mention Pamela Hayden in the credits. I am kind of thinking that this mysterious Audrey person was Katrina. It could be that Pamela Hayden was not available for the recording session and they had to find someone else.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The computer voice! :lol:
I doubt that Katrina would be credited for this episode. The only time you MIGHT have heard Katrina was at the end when Connie, Bernard, and Tom claim the recognize the "voices" as Whit was talking. Assuming Tom, Bernard, and Connie weren't including Whit's voice there must've been two people namely Eugene and Katrina. But you don't hear Katrina say anything clearly... only the "nocturnal felicitations" from Eugene. I'm sure everyone noticed that Will Ryan wasn't credited for Eugene... :roll:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:The computer voice! :lol:
I doubt that Katrina would be credited for this episode. The only time you MIGHT have heard Katrina was at the end when Connie, Bernard, and Tom claim the recognize the "voices" as Whit was talking. Assuming Tom, Bernard, and Connie weren't including Whit's voice there must've been two people namely Eugene and Katrina. But you don't hear Katrina say anything clearly... only the "nocturnal felicitations" from Eugene. I'm sure everyone noticed that Will Ryan wasn't credited for Eugene... :roll:
We must remember that Pamela Hayden, if she truly voiced Katrina, would not be credited for this particular episode since she wasn't actually in it. Even if you heard Katrina's voice briefly (similar to when we heard Eugene), I doubt they would've mentioned Hayden's name.

Why? Well, we still don't know if Will Ryan is truly back (or Pamela Hayden for that matter), and the AIO writers surely recognize this. As such, they are withholding the names of the voice actors so as not to give anything away . . . in the event that they (actor and character) truly have returned.

Of course, if Will Ryan hasn't actually returned, then that would explain his absence from the credits. :roll:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Chandler wrote:The computer voice! :lol:
We must remember that Pamela Hayden, if she truly voiced Katrina, would not be credited for this particular episode since she wasn't actually in it. Even if you heard Katrina's voice briefly (similar to when we heard Eugene), I doubt they would've mentioned Hayden's name.

Why? Well, we still don't know if Will Ryan is truly back (or Pamela Hayden for that matter), and the AIO writers surely recognize this. As such, they are withholding the names of the voice actors so as not to give anything away . . . in the event that they (actor and character) truly have returned.

Of course, if Will Ryan hasn't actually returned, then that would explain his absence from the credits. :roll:
Thank you for restating my post in a clearer fashion. :)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:Thank you for restating my post in a clearer fashion. :)
8-[

You're welcome. :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Eugene is in the credits at the SF.

-Jonathan
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Yes, Eugene is listed and Katrina is not. So maybe Katrina is not in the first episode. If she is not in the first episode the question then becomes, did Katrina come back to Odyssey with Eugene, or did Eugene come alone?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

did you hear Katrina in this episode?
I didn't.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

J-man wrote:did you hear Katrina in this episode?
I didn't.
While Katrina wasn't heard, I am assuming she is in Odyssey. There were 'voices' recognized in the IS, not a 'voice'. Also, we heard her in the preview for the April 9th show.

-Jonathan
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

J-man wrote:did you hear Katrina in this episode?
I didn't.
No, I did not. Did she come with Eugene, or did Eugene come to Odyssey alone? I thought that I heard Katrina's voice in the scene from next week's episode that they played at the end of today's episode. According to the credits at the SF Eugene was in today's episode, but Katrina was not.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Jonathan wrote:Eugene is in the credits at the SF.
This still does not confirm that Will Ryan was present at the recording. Shadowpaw typically lists all the characters who appear in the episode, but that does not indicate the actor was present.
Laurie wrote:No, I did not. Did she come with Eugene, or did Eugene come to Odyssey alone? I thought that I heard Katrina's voice in the scene from next week's episode that they played at the end of today's episode. According to the credits at the SF Eugene was in today's episode, but Katrina was not.
Katrina will be in the next episode, we know that much. I think we can assume Katrina came with Eugene, although that has yet to be confirmed.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The implications are that Katrina came with Eugene. It sounded like Whit was talking to Eugene and Katrina. Katrina is probably taking care of Eugene in a private cabin and Whit takes Eugene back and forth. Whit decided to have both Eugene and Katrina on the night that Bernard, Connie, and Tom sneaked in. At least I think so...
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Chandler wrote:The implications are that Katrina came with Eugene. It sounded like Whit was talking to Eugene and Katrina. Katrina is probably taking care of Eugene in a private cabin and Whit takes Eugene back and forth. Whit decided to have both Eugene and Katrina on the night that Bernard, Connie, and Tom sneaked in. At least I think so...
I am not going to disagree with what you said, I am still wondering if Katrina was in the IS with Eugene or if she was somewhere else. Tom, Bernard and Connie did not mention her when they saw or heard Eugene's voice.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Well of course not. While Katrina means alot to them, Eugene means more. That, and they didn't hear her clearly, they did hear Eugene.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Laurie wrote:
Chandler wrote:The implications are that Katrina came with Eugene. It sounded like Whit was talking to Eugene and Katrina. Katrina is probably taking care of Eugene in a private cabin and Whit takes Eugene back and forth. Whit decided to have both Eugene and Katrina on the night that Bernard, Connie, and Tom sneaked in. At least I think so...
I am not going to disagree with what you said, I am still wondering if Katrina was in the IS with Eugene or if she was somewhere else. Tom, Bernard and Connie did not mention her when they saw or heard Eugene's voice.
Connie, Bernard, and Tom said they recognized the "voices" when Whit was talking to presumably Eugene and Katrina. Whit also said "they" when referring to who was inside the Imagination Station. It would be kind of odd for Bernard, Connie , and Tom to say that they recognized Whit's voice. That kind of goes without saying...
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I guess we will have to wait see what happens next week. I still wonder about Katrina though.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

What about Katrina? You really don't think Katrina would be with Eugene? Wasn't that supposed to be Katrina's voice we were hearing talking about Eugene's research?