909: Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
909: Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off

Post by Peachey Keen »

It's the aftermath of the Rydell Revelations. What did you all think?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

It didn't really conclude much. More like just lit the flame for it to continue.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

snubs wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:53 am It didn't really conclude much. More like just lit the flame for it to continue.
Wow, snubs! I didn't know that you were listening to this recent of AIO episodes!

I, too, felt like this episode was a bridge. Nothing really dramatic or important happened. It definitely did not quell any of the controversy from the Rydell Revelations nor did it make it worse.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Peachey Keen wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:57 amWow, snubs! I didn't know that you were listening to this recent of AIO episodes!

I, too, felt like this episode was a bridge. Nothing really dramatic or important happened. It definitely did not quell any of the controversy from the Rydell Revelations nor did it make it worse.
:lol: Haha, I've actually only heard the Rydell Saga. :p But it's something! \:D/

I felt the episode was a little weak as an episode in general. I have no idea what they have planned for this ongoing arc (maybe they are just making it up as the go :boohoo: ), but I feel like it's never gonna end as long as Morrie and Suzu are in the show. Also, the buildup to the Rydell Revelations was rather repetitive and predictable.
ANNNDDDDDD, WHY IN THE WORLD DID THEY BRING BACK TASHA?! ...FOR NO REASON. :boohoo: :noway: I was very intrigued when she showed up, but after realizing it had absolutely nothing to do with the story arc and it was obvious they weren't going to go anywhere with her, I was highly disappointed.

I also thought it was a little silly that Whit just outed "Natalie's" true identity to the kids. :p
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I didn't love the Rydell saga stuff in general. What I did like about this episode is that it felt like a genuine reaction from Emily. Her feelings of betrayal and questioning and avoidance all felt realistic to me. I like how she was trying to work that stuff out and that it wasn't just glossed over.

It felt like they were definitely setting something up and I am curious if Jules' notebook will actually turn out to be important or not. It felt like it would be but I'm not sure how.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

What the heck?! How on earth are these children allowed to get away with breaking into those offices? Why the heck is Emily still even enrolled in the same school as those brigands and attempted murderers?! Why are the Rydell children and Mr. Whittaker not serving time? To quote the mythical valley girl, "I can't even."

1/5 SHAME ON YOU BOB HOOSE.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: