Questions: Day 4

"We've been to the future so we know we won."
Woody
I'll catch up to Bren!

Questions: Day 4

Post by Woody »

I've answered all 20 questions, and I'm fairly certain of all my answers, but as always, there are a few things I'd like Jehoshaphat to clarify.
1. Whoever hates his brother is what? In darkness and walks in darkness, 1 John 2:11
2. Why did they bring Abishag to King David? To wait on him, look after him, and lie in his arms and keep him warm, 1 Kings 1:2
3. In what way was Asa afflicted in his old age? A serious foot disease, 2 Chronicles 16:12
4. Where in the Bible does it refer to 'Five Golden Emerods' and 'five golden mice'? 1 Samuel 6:4
5. How many lords did the Philistines have during Samuel's childhood? 5, 1 Samuel 6:16
6. On the way to find his asses, Saul met three men at Tabor. What were they carrying? Three young goats, three loaves of bread, and a wineskin full of wine, 1 Samuel 10:3
7. Sisera was captain of what host? The Host of Hazor, 1 Samuel 12:9
8. Under what kind of tree did Saul tarry at Gibeah? Pomegranate, 1 Samuel 14:2
9. Where was Goliath from? Gath, 1 Samuel 17:4
10. What was the weight of Goliath's spear head? 600 shekels or 15 pounds, 1 Samuel 17:7
11. How much gold was plundered after the battle with the Midianites? I believe this is referring to Judges 8:26, which would be 1,700 shekels or 57 pounds.
12. How long did Joash reign as king? Forty years, 2 Kings 12:1
13. Who succeeded Uzziah as king? His son Jotham, 2 Kings 15:7
14. How long did Jotham reign as king? Sixteen years, 2 Kings 15:33
15. Who succeeded Jotham as king? His son Ahaz, 2 Kings 15:38
16. How old was Ahaz when he became king of Judah? Twenty years old, 2 Kings 16:2
17. What son of Josiah only reigned as king for three months? Jehoahaz, 2 Kings 23:31
18. How many sons did Ahab have in Samaria? Seventy, 2 Kings 10:1
19. How old was Azariah when he became king? Sixteen, 2 Kings 15:1
20. Where was Amon buried? In the garden of Uzza, 2 Kings 21:26
For clarifications:

1. I'm certain there are other passages where the phrase "hates his brother" is used, but this one is acceptable, right?
5. This verse doesn't mention Samuel's childhood, but I assume it's what you're referring to, as it takes place during his childhood.
11. You are referring to Judges 8:26, correct? In which case it's actually the portion of the loot that Gideon requested, not the total amount. Unless there's another battle with the Midianites I'm looking for? EDIT: I did find the battle in Numbers 31, and there it says they offered 16,750 shekels to the Lord, but it says they kept some unspecified amount for themselves. Is 16,750 the number you're looking for?
19. He's referred to by different names in different translations, but this is the right Azariah, yes?

Teammates, I would request you review my answers and check for mistakes, etc.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
John Chrysostom
The Council isn't corrupt

Post by John Chrysostom »

Checking them now
Jehoshaphat
The Council must persist
Post by Jehoshaphat »

1. Is technically acceptable but it is not the answer I was looking for.
5. Is correct.
11. The 16750 is the number I am looking for.
19. Correct.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Woody
I'll catch up to Bren!

Post by Woody »

Jehoshaphat, is it 1 John 4:20, in which case the answer would be a liar?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Jehoshaphat
The Council must persist
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Again no, but I would accept it as an answer. Basically any answer that you back up with Scripture I would probably count as acceptable.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.

Return to “Team TARDIS”