Questions: Day 2

"We've been to the future so we know we won."
Woody
I'll catch up to Bren!

Questions: Day 2

Post by Woody »

I filled in most of them, but I left 18 and 20 blank, and I'm not confident in my answer for 11
1. Who became queen instead of Vashti? Esther
2. At what time every year did Pilate let a Jewish prisoner go? Passover
3.What city did the Corinthians live in? Corinth
4.Who threw Daniel into the lions’ den? King Darius
5.Jesus spoke about a wise man building his house on what? A rock
6.Who assured Paul, en route to Rome and during a storm at sea, that all on board would be spared? An angel of God
7. In what chapter or what book can you read, “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth”? Matthew 5:5
8.Of what man did Jesus say “I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith”? A unnamed Roman centurion
9.From what cities did Abraham see dense smoke rise early in the morning? Sodom and Gomorrah
10.What two birds were used as sacrifices in Leviticus? Turtledoves and Pigeons
11.What was the name of David’s first born son? I'm incredibly uncertain of this answer, but I think it's Amnon
12.How many wives did Solomon have? 700, 1000 if you include concubines.
13.Who told a riddle during his wedding and left his wife because she gave away the answer? Samson
14. What did Jesus say to God while he was hanging on the cross? "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?", or "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
15.What disease broke out in the cities in which the Philistines kept the ark of God? A plague of tumors, plus rats
16. How many animals of each kind did Moses bring on the ark? 14 of birds and animals approved for sacrifice, two of every other kind of animal
17.Who was the father of Ahaz? Jotham
18. What king described plant life and taught about animals, birds, reptiles and fish and where is it found(book,chapter,verse)?
19.What five women were included in Jesus’ genealogy?(five points) Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba, and Mary
20.According to Paul, what should good ministers of Christ reject?

Bonus Activity:(5 points!)
Create a set for your team

I can take care of this, if you guys like. :)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
John Chrysostom
The Council isn't corrupt

Post by John Chrysostom »

Amnon is correct 2 Samuel 3:2 I think, my Bible is different again and has Samuel and Kings together as 1-4 Kingdoms.

Question 20, the wording of this is kinda confusing. Titus 3:9 & 10 say to reject foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law and to reject a divisive man but this seems more general advice than to ministers specifically? This could also be referring to the list of requirements for bishops and deacons in 1st & 2nd Timothy?

Question 18 is also oddly worded given that I don't think there's one verse that talks about all of that but Psalms 103 or 104, again my Bible has one extra Psalms than you guys so never sure which is which, but it talks a lot about plants and animals.

And yeah go ahead with the set
Woody
I'll catch up to Bren!

Post by Woody »

I'm not certain about Question 18, I read Psalm 104, and it doesn't mention reptiles (apart from Leviathan). So it may not be correct :shrugs:. Jeho, could you clarify whether this is a specific verse that contains all that?

As for 20, I think this is referring to the time when Paul says to reject any false gospel. I'm not sure of the reference, though. I think the key phrase we need to look for here is "good minister", not just things Paul says to reject.
Last edited by Woody on Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Jehoshaphat
The Council must persist
Post by Jehoshaphat »

There is a specific verse mentioning all of those and which king it was who said it.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Woody
I'll catch up to Bren!

Post by Woody »

So.... any ideas, guys?

-- Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:14 pm --

Well, I found the Answer to #18. It was Solomon, 1 Kings 4:32

Return to “Team TARDIS”