Quesitons:Day 1

"We've been to the future so we know we won."
Jehoshaphat
The Council must persist
Quesitons:Day 1

Post by Jehoshaphat »

Here are the questions for day one! You will have two days to figure them out and they must be turned in by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, February 24, 2016, to receive full credit for the answers. Any late answer will only receive half of the points earned. Also remember that no internet searching is allowed, only the Bible and your previous knowledge. Good Luck!
1.Through whom did sin come into the world?

2. How many churches did John write to in Revelation?

3. What does God mean when he says he is “Alpha and Omega”?

4. What two Israelite leaders led Israel to a land they themselves didn’t enter?

5. Two women came before Solomon each insisting that the same baby was her son. What was Solomon’s decision?

6. What animal does Jesus ask his disciples to take from a village as he begins his ministry in Jerusalem?

7. Name the two people (a married couple) struck dead within hours of each other for lying to the Holy Spirit? Hint: Peter was present for both deaths

8. Who wrote the letter to Philemon?

9. Where did the Good Samaritan take the man who had been beaten and robbed?

10. Who laughed when God said she would have a son?

11. How many cows did Pharaoh see in his dream?

12. Who said, “choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve. . . . as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord”?

13.What did Jacob name the place where he wrestled with God all night?

14.Fill in the blank: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of ________”

15.What rank did Cornelius hold in the Roman army?

16. How many days will the two witnesses prophesy?

17. What tribe was Daniel, Hannaniah, Mishael, and Azariah from?

18. How many people died after David chose the pestilence?

19. Which book/chapter/verse of the Bible compares a gold ring in a pig's snout to a beautiful women without discretion? (2 point for book, 1 for chapter, 1 for verse)

20. Who is the prophetess that led the Thyatiran church astray and what verse of the Bible is she in?(1 point for name, 1 point for book name, 1 point for chapter, 1 point for verse,

BONUS ACTIVITY:
Come up with a team name, and a slogan/cheer for you team. (5 bonus points)
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Woody
I'll catch up to Bren!

Post by Woody »

Here's what I know off the top of my head and from a few quick Bible lookups.
1.Through whom did sin come into the world? I'm guessing this means Eve, but an argument could be made for Satan as well. Also, I'm fairly certain there's a verse that says sin entered the world through Adam, so this could be referring to that as well. :p

2. How many churches did John write to in Revelation? 7

3. What does God mean when he says he is “Alpha and Omega”? Beginning and End

4. What two Israelite leaders led Israel to a land they themselves didn’t enter? Moses and Aaron

5. Two women came before Solomon each insisting that the same baby was her son. What was Solomon’s decision? He suggested cutting the baby in half, which revealed which woman cared more for the baby.

6. What animal does Jesus ask his disciples to take from a village as he begins his ministry in Jerusalem? I think this is referring the the donkey?

7. Name the two people (a married couple) struck dead within hours of each other for lying to the Holy Spirit? Hint: Peter was present for both deaths Ananias and Sapphira

8. Who wrote the letter to Philemon? Paul

9. Where did the Good Samaritan take the man who had been beaten and robbed? To an inn

10. Who laughed when God said she would have a son? Sarai

11. How many cows did Pharaoh see in his dream? 14: 7 fat, 7 skinny

12. Who said, “choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve. . . . as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord”? Joshua

13.What did Jacob name the place where he wrestled with God all night? Peniel

14.Fill in the blank: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of ________” It's either wisdom or knowledge

15.What rank did Cornelius hold in the Roman army? He was a centurion, I think

16. How many days will the two witnesses prophesy? 1,260

17. What tribe was Daniel, Hannaniah, Mishael, and Azariah from? Judah

18. How many people died after David chose the pestilence?

19. Which book/chapter/verse of the Bible compares a gold ring in a pig's snout to a beautiful women without discretion? (2 point for book, 1 for chapter, 1 for verse) It's in Proverbs, don't know the chapter or verse. I'll try to find it later.

20. Who is the prophetess that led the Thyatiran church astray and what verse of the Bible is she in?(1 point for name, 1 point for book name, 1 point for chapter, 1 point for verse) Jezebel, Revelation 2:20-23
BONUS ACTIVITY:

Since we're going to be a really strong team, I suggest we choose something related to Samson.
Last edited by Woody on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Old Brad
I post like Shadowpaw

Post by Old Brad »

14. Knowledge, Proverbs 1:7

18. 70,000, 2 Samuel 24:15
Woody
I'll catch up to Bren!

Post by Woody »

We could also have a Doctor Who themed name/slogan, since we're all fans.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
John Chrysostom
The Council isn't corrupt

Post by John Chrysostom »

Team TARDIS "We've been to the future so we know we won."
Woody
I'll catch up to Bren!

Post by Woody »

Well, that's settled, then. Any insight on Questions 1 and 19?
John Chrysostom

Question one is Adam because it is through Christ the Second Adam that we are saved from sin

Question 19 is Proverbs 11:21

As for Question six my Bible says a colt not a donkey
Woody
I'll catch up to Bren!

Post by Woody »

1. Adam does make the most sense to me.

6. The exact phrasing varies between the Gospels, but "A young donkey" and "The colt of a donkey" would both work

19. It's 11:22 in my Bible...

So, we're done then! Good work, everyone. =]

We should designate one of us as the person who sends in our answers. I volunteer for the job, so unless either of you object, I'll send them in on Wednesday.
Last edited by Woody on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Chrysostom

I think colt of a donkey would be best

Hmm, it's 11:21 in my Bible btw when it comes to Psalms my Bible is slightly different so others should take those questions
Woody
I'll catch up to Bren!

Post by Woody »

Sounds good to me.

I checked several translations just to be sure, including KJV, NKJV, NIV, and NLT, and they all say it's verse 22. :shrugs: What translation are you using? I'm not sure what the difference is, but considering Jehoshaphat sees this conversation, I think either answer would work. Can you confirm that, Jeho?
Last edited by Woody on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jehoshaphat
The Council must persist
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Either answer would work but I have 11:22 down as the correct answer.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
Woody
I'll catch up to Bren!

Post by Woody »

So, just for review before I send it in, here's what our answer sheet looks like:
1.Through whom did sin come into the world? Adam & Eve

2. How many churches did John write to in Revelation? 7

3. What does God mean when he says he is “Alpha and Omega”? He is the Beginning and the End

4. What two Israelite leaders led Israel to a land they themselves didn’t enter? Moses & Aaron

5. Two women came before Solomon each insisting that the same baby was her son. What was Solomon’s decision? He suggested cutting the baby in half, which revealed which woman cared more for the baby.

6. What animal does Jesus ask his disciples to take from a village as he begins his ministry in Jerusalem? The colt of a donkey

7. Name the two people (a married couple) struck dead within hours of each other for lying to the Holy Spirit? Hint: Peter was present for both deaths Ananias & Sapphira

8. Who wrote the letter to Philemon? Paul

9. Where did the Good Samaritan take the man who had been beaten and robbed? To an inn

10. Who laughed when God said she would have a son? Sarai

11. How many cows did Pharaoh see in his dream? 14: 7 fat, 7 scrawny

12. Who said, “choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve. . . . as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord”? Joshua

13.What did Jacob name the place where he wrestled with God all night? Peniel

14.Fill in the blank: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of ________” knowledge

15.What rank did Cornelius hold in the Roman army? Centurion

16. How many days will the two witnesses prophesy? 1,260

17. What tribe was Daniel, Hannaniah, Mishael, and Azariah from? Judah

18. How many people died after David chose the pestilence? 70,000

19. Which book/chapter/verse of the Bible compares a gold ring in a pig's snout to a beautiful women without discretion? (2 point for book, 1 for chapter, 1 for verse) Proverbs 11:22

20. Who is the prophetess that led the Thyatiran church astray and what verse of the Bible is she in?(1 point for name, 1 point for book name, 1 point for chapter, 1 point for verse) Jezebel, Revelation 2:20-23

BONUS ACTIVITY:

Team TARDIS "We've been to the future so we know we won."
Look good to you guys? I changed Answer #1 a bit, I figured it was a more broad answer.
John Chrysostom

I think it might be a bit too broad, I feel like they were asking for one person; either Adam or Eve.
Woody
I'll catch up to Bren!

Post by Woody »

Any clarification you can provide, Jeho?
Jehoshaphat
The Council must persist
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I would accept either answer but Adam is more correct and is the answer I had in reference to Romans 5
My online family

Return to “Team TARDIS”