K-Pop

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

K-Pop

Post by Pengwin »

I got into K-Pop about 2 years ago, I think. It was definitely before the summer of 2019. I fell off from it after the summer but I got back into it this year and I appreciate a heck of a lot more now than before. My favorite group is TWICE. I've watched their music videos several times where I can now actually distinguish them from each other and know their names. I also now can notice different facial features in Koreans instead of thinking they all look identical. Other groups that I'm a fan of are ITZY, NCT 127, Red Velvet, Blackpink, and ATEEZ. I have some random songs from random groups that I don't know much about. The only groups I care to know who the members are are TWICE, ITZY, and NCT 127. I'm barely getting in ATEEZ so I haven't made an effort to learn the members names. I've never heard a song from BTS or rather never heard a song from them and knew it was a BTS song. I know they're the biggest name in Kpop, but I think that's why I don't care to listen to them.

WHO ELSE LISTENS TO KPOP? AND WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE GROUPS?
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'm so glad you DIDN'T say BTS was one of your favorites. :p BTS seems to be really popular among American K-Pop listeners, and it's kind of annoying. Like, is dat all you know? :p

ANYWAY, I don't listen to K-Pop often, very rarely actually. But I do like it. Some people don't like when you can't understand the words/language of a song. But for me, sometimes it's nice to just get into the music of the song and not so much the lyrics.

I've heard NCT 127 a little bit, but I couldn't tell you a song. The group I got into the most (like with knowing their names and stuff) was VIXX, mostly because I would watch their vlogs? or whatever they were about them. I also like Seventeen. And of course SHINee because that was my sister's first group she listened to, and still likes.

All the K-Pop I know is because of my sister because she listens to that almost exclusively. xD She actually has an Instagram were you can buy K-Pop themed bracelets and pins! \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |