What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just finished Vying for the Viscount, excellent book. Up next for me is Night Bird Calling by Cathy Gohlke.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

I just finished The American President. I am now starting the book Killing Lincoln, by Bill O'Reilly. :read:
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Polehaus53 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:35 pm I just finished The American President. I am now starting the book Killing Lincoln, by Bill O'Reilly. :read:
Good book. I'm reading Killing Jesus by him right now.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Night Bird Calling, wonderful story. Up next for me is Present Danger by Elizabeth Goddard. It is the first book in her Rocky Mountain Courage series/trilogy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

12 Rules by Jordan Peterson
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

I don't have a lot of time to read lately because of college, but I've been working through The Problem Of Pain by CS Lewis and I'm halfway through The 13 and a half Lives of Captain Bluebear. A friend recommended Captain Bluebear to me several years ago and it's just as weird as Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. If you like weird humor and have a vocabulary like Eugene, you should check it out.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

Currently I am reading Gospel Assurance and Warnings by Paul Washer as well as Why Am I Feeling Like This?: A Teen's Guide to Freedom from Anxiety and Depression by David Murray. Both are really good books so far and have been very helpful for me right now. :yes:
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have finished: Present Danger by Elizabeth Goddard, excellent book. Blood and Treasure: Daniel Boone and the Fight for America's First Frontier by Bob Drury and Tom Clavin, there is some language in this book which I did not care for otherwise it was excellent.
Up next for me is A Haven for Her Heart by Susan Anne Mason.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "Idaho Brides" by Erica Vetsch. It's one of those books that looked okay but I never actually got around to reading, so now's the time! It's sweet so far.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I just started Pride and Premeditation by Tirzah Price, which is a retelling of Pride and Prejudice as a murder mystery. It's good fun, and I'm really enjoying it so far!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm about halfway through One Little Lie by Colleen Coble. It is the first book in her Pelican Harbor series/trilogy. It is very good so far.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Valhalla Rising by Clive Cussler
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Currently reading Line by Line by Jennifer Delamere. It is the first book in her Love Along the Wires series/trilogy. Very good so far.
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

Finished reading Killing Lincoln a while ago, great book. I am currently reading Manhunt, by James L. Swanson.
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Polehaus53 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:52 pm I am currently reading Manhunt, by James L. Swanson.
Adding that to my list.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:30 pm
Polehaus53 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:52 pm I am currently reading Manhunt, by James L. Swanson.
Adding that to my list.
This inspired me to look it up on Amazon and add it to my wish list as a potential gift for my dad or my brother. Sounds interesting! Laurie, have you read that one? You're the big Lincoln fan!

I'm reading "Cold Case Secrets" by Maggie K. Black. I love how her books take place in Canada (mostly Ontario, at least the ones I've read) and she's great at writing suspense that keeps me guessing but still lets me sleep at night. ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Catspaw wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:44 pm
Adding that to my list.
This inspired me to look it up on Amazon and add it to my wish list as a potential gift for my dad or my brother. Sounds interesting! Laurie, have you read that one? You're the big Lincoln fan!
Yes, I've read Manhunt. It is excellent. I re read it last year during the shut down. I finished Line by Line, wonderful story. Up next for me is The Nature of a Lady by Roseanna M. White. It is the first book in her The Secrets of the Isles series/trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laurie wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:34 am
Catspaw wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:44 pm
Adding that to my list.
Yes, I've read Manhunt. It is excellent. I re read it last year during the shut down. I finished Line by Line, wonderful story. Up next for me is The Nature of a Lady by Roseanna M. White. It is the first book in her The Secrets of the Isles series/trilogy.
Maybe you even posted about it and I just didn't remember the name later on. Good to hear that it's such a great read!

I'm reading "Christmas Witness Protection" by Maggie K. Black. It's the first in her Protected Identities series, but I've recognized a bunch of character names from her previous books. I like that when if you haven't read the previous books you haven't missed too much, but if you have, you get to find out what happens later on for minor characters that you already know a bit.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Hunting Eichmann by Neal Bascomb.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "Witness Protection Unraveled" by Maggie K. Black. It's off to an exciting start, and still something I can easily read during hockey commercial breaks. ;)