Devotions

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Bren
Be positive!

Devotions

Post by Bren »

What does devotions mean to you? Just kind of curious how everyone does devotions.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Great question! To me it means time alone with God where I read my Bible, write in my journal, and pray. Some days I do a specific devotional book or plan and other times I don't. Depending on the day, I might spend time sitting quietly, listening to God, memorizing verses, praying for others, or praying for personal requests. I usually do my devos in the evening because I'm not a morning person.
321tumbler
Tallying up

Post by 321tumbler »

I'd say it changes for me depending on the time of year. At school it was a set apart time in the morning before I went to breakfast (or during breakfast if I woke up late) where I would read my Bible and pray although I think it'd be good to add more to what I actually do during that time. During the summer though, I tend to split it up throughout the morning since I don't have any specific schedule of classes to go to and things to do. I read my Bible when I wake up and then I might go out and garden while praying or I might wait until a little later and I try to take time to reflect on what I read little by little throughout the morning. There are a lot of times where that doesn't all happen though.