Adventures at Naca

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Adventures at Naca

Post by Jason Whits Son »

It’s been a long while since I’ve posted here. You could say life has its way of sweeping you along. In the four years + of my absence from here, a lot has changed for me. I’ll use this thread to share various stories and share what God is doing in my life.

Called to something more

After I graduated college, I returned to my home town and worked at a local dollar general. I also volunteered at a teen center and was a youth leader at a local church. I did these three things for a bout three years and was really comfortable. I then heard about a job opening as a dorm pastor at a Christian Boarding school that my sister worksheet at. I shrugged it off and really couldn’t imagine working there. It was more than 1000 miles away from my family and friends after all. I also considered It “my sisters thing”. Early 2019 I asked her if she’d be comfortable with me working at the same workplace and she didn’t think it’d be weird at all. I began bathing the decision in prayer and I continued to feel God’s nudges. One thought that came to mind was “Naca isn’t your sisters thing” it’s God’s thing. She said yes. Another thought that came to mind was the question “Are you settling for less?” Staying at DG and the youth group was an option that would’ve kept me comfortable. But it felt like I needed something more to challenge me. And so I applied and was accepted at Native American Christian Academy.

Last fall I began working at Naca and I have stories that I’ll share in this topic on the future. One thing I realized about being a dorm parent (rather quickly) is that it’s less like being a Camp counselor and Closer to being a parent. We hope that these kids leave with life skills and a closer relationship with Jesus.

If you have questions about the school feel free to pm me or ask here and I’ll try to answer them.
As I close this post I’d like to include a few prayer requests.
- as you know this virus comes with its challenges across the country. Please pray that God will continue to grant the school wisdom as we prepare to open in the fall.
- This year we’ve had half of our staff leave. We’re hoping to hire ten new staff for the upcoming school year. Please pray that God brings these new staff to the school.

Thank you for you prayers!