Ask the Gay Guy

This one is for questions pertaining to homosexuality, I'm sure you have them

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Dasi
Fourscore and seven

Post by Dasi »

you know what,forget I ever said anything.You all are so closed minded and immature about this that I don't even want to discuss this anymore.
One ring to rule them all.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Coming in and saying that someone is going to hell for something and not entertaining the possibility that that might not be the case isn't close minded and immature?
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

When a person can't entertain the thought that someone else thinks differently than you do and politely expresses said opinion is when immaturity comes in. So we are none of us name-calling, we are now asking Quad J questions pertaining to as homosexuality as is the purpose of this thread.

Moving on. Quad J. Have you ever seen Johnny Weir's skate to 'Poker Face'? I thought of it and I thought of you. ;)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

I don't believe I have. -googles- Wow that kid is very gay isn't he. ;D
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I don't know a lot of openly gay people, but one of them was a guy I used to work with. He gave me his number, asked me out multiple times, invited me over for slightly less-than-pure fun, and tried to convince me that I should try homosexuality even after I adamantly rejected him. I got sick of it and have ignored his last several texts.

Have you ever tried to "turn someone gay"?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

That seems like a stupid thing to do. This friend was probably quite immature. Generally gays believe that sexual orientation can not be changed, or at the very least it is extremely difficult to do so, as attraction is a bit different to other things like tastes in art or favorite foods. You can not chose who you are attracted to in the same way you can chose what to wear that day or what to eat in the morning. Most of the time, gays tend to try to avoid even entertaining notions of having feelings for those who are attracted to the opposite sex because there's very little chance of anything actually happening. If someone tries to "turn you gay," I'd suggest avoiding that person. They're not really a friend.
Last edited by jasonjannajerryjohn on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

That guy's issues sound like they have far less to do with his sexual orientation than the fact he's just a jerkwad. Given I've dealt with the exact same thing from many straight men, some people just don't know how to be respectful of others.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Dasi
Fourscore and seven

Post by Dasi »

Kait wrote:That guy's issues sound like they have far less to do with his sexual orientation than the fact he's just a jerkwad. Given I've dealt with the exact same thing from many straight men, some people just don't know how to be respectful of others.
are you a lesbian, Kait?...
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

Is that really an appropriate question dasi? lol
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Dasi wrote:you know what,forget I ever said anything.You all are so closed minded and immature about this that I don't even want to discuss this anymore.
Dasi, this is called hypocrisy, and you'll find that it's one of the many reason people hate the church. ;) I would respectfully encourage you to take leave of this thread until you're more educated on this topic. Nothing you're saying hasn't already been said before, and you're only spreading a harmful and disgusting ideology. Plus, it makes for tasty troll bait.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Dasi
Fourscore and seven

Post by Dasi »

oh my gosh what's wrong with me? everything I say comes out the wrong way! I think I'll just go kill myself...
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

No, don't do that. ;) Just start focusing more on beauty and value and stop defining yourself by what you are against.
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Dasi
Fourscore and seven

Post by Dasi »

Jelly wrote:No, don't do that. ;) Just start focusing more on beauty and value and stop defining yourself by what you are against.
what the heck is that supposed to mean? you mean like "oh look at that satiness I wonder if I should tell them about Jesus..naw I won't they are pretty better not say anything" like that?
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Dasi................

*This is not a one word post*
merp.
Dasi
Fourscore and seven

Post by Dasi »

Samantha14 wrote:Dasi................

yes, Sammy? what would you like?
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I googled 'satiness'.. and found a website for waxing care. If that's not a prime example of beauty I don't know what is. \:D/

On a serious note, I would recommend that you reevaluate your approach to evangelicalism. You seem more concerned with telling people about your version of Jesus than you are about exemplifying his love and truth. By doing so, you're demonstrating arrogance and an unfortunate misinterpretation of the Gospel message. Step back, take a breath or two, and actually consider why you're saying what you're saying before you say it. :)
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

Also this quote is always helpful. Preach the Gospel, when necessary use words.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Jelly wrote:I googled 'satiness'.. and found a website for waxing care. If that's not a prime example of beauty I don't know what is. \:D/

On a serious note, I would recommend that you reevaluate your approach to evangelicalism. You seem more concerned with telling people about your version of Jesus than you are about exemplifying his love and truth. By doing so, you're demonstrating arrogance and an unfortunate misinterpretation of the Gospel message. Step back, take a breath or two, and actually consider why you're saying what you're saying before you say it. :)
:yes: We spend so much time scaring people outta hell, that we forget to love them into heaven.

And, xD @ Waxing care website.
Dasi wrote:
Samantha14 wrote:Dasi................

yes, Sammy? what would you like?
I would like you to calm down and perhaps not enter these threads until you have something positive to add to the discussion, okay?
John Chrysostom wrote:Also this quote is always helpful. Preach the Gospel, when necessary use words.
I love that quote.
merp.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Jelly wrote:
Dasi wrote:you know what,forget I ever said anything.You all are so closed minded and immature about this that I don't even want to discuss this anymore.
Dasi, this is called hypocrisy, and you'll find that it's one of the many reason people hate the church. ;) I would respectfully encourage you to take leave of this thread until you're more educated on this topic. Nothing you're saying hasn't already been said before, and you're only spreading a harmful and disgusting ideology. Plus, it makes for tasty troll bait.
Jelly wrote:No, don't do that. ;) Just start focusing more on beauty and value and stop defining yourself by what you are against.
Or you could not listen to Jelly. He's a bit of a pretentious jerk. Say whatever you want, it's fine.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
Jelly wrote:
Or you could not listen to Jelly. He's a bit of a pretentious jerk. Say whatever you want, it's fine.
Jelly is no jerk. :noway:

And, you would rather her continue to cop you out for what you believe instead of a general conversation...? :-s
merp.