Ask the Gay Guy

This one is for questions pertaining to homosexuality, I'm sure you have them

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

You took quite a few of the things I said out of context, but no matter, as I really have no reason to "argue" with you about anything anymore, seeing as you don't even share any of the same foundational beliefs as I do. I would like to at least point out that you misread what I said about the Bible, and what I believe about it. Obviously not every word in it should be taken "literally" or out of context. If it were supposed to be, there would be a lot more Christians around still practicing things like sacrificing hundreds of cattle each year and whatnot. I said the Bible is "literally true, and applicable today", not "to be taken entirely literally". I believe the Bible is true in it's records of history (and the future), and applicable in it's teachings.

I would like to ask you another question though, concerning more your atheism than your homosexuality. Do you find it harder to relate to people and their beliefs in a community such as the ToO where generally most of the users of Christians in some shape or form? Also (assuming [perhaps incorrectly]) you're still a fan of Adventures in Odyssey, do you find yourself disagreeing with the teachings/morals of a lot of the episodes because you don't share the same beliefs as the characters?
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Jesus_Minime wrote:You took quite a few of the things I said out of context, but no matter, as I really have no reason to "argue" with you about anything anymore, seeing as you don't even share any of the same foundational beliefs as I do. I would like to at least point out that you misread what I said about the Bible, and what I believe about it. Obviously not every word in it should be taken "literally" or out of context. If it were supposed to be, there would be a lot more Christians around still practicing things like sacrificing hundreds of cattle each year and whatnot. I said the Bible is "literally true, and applicable today", not "to be taken entirely literally". I believe the Bible is true in it's records of history (and the future), and applicable in it's teachings.

I would like to ask you another question though, concerning more your atheism than your homosexuality. Do you find it harder to relate to people and their beliefs in a community such as the ToO where generally most of the users of Christians in some shape or form? Also (assuming [perhaps incorrectly]) you're still a fan of Adventures in Odyssey, do you find yourself disagreeing with the teachings/morals of a lot of the episodes because you don't share the same beliefs as the characters?
Well, I don't really come around the ToO anywhere but in the debating areas. Occasionally I'll take a step out into the other areas. But I have several online friends I've met through this forum who I continue to speak with on a regular basis, but not here, on facebook. I generally have no problem relating with Christians simply because I was one for the vast majority of my life. And I have no problem hanging out with Christians or being friends with them. Occasionally we may get into debates. That is common, though, with any two people who don't share the same views on anything.

I don't really listen to AIO very often anymore, but AIO is extremely nostalgic for me. I grew up on the show and it has influenced my love of audio drama. They don't generally do anything I overtly disagree with. Respect your parents, don't cheat, ect.
Last edited by jasonjannajerryjohn on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Happy is the complete opposite of attraction to the same sex? If you say so.

Words change and evolve. That's the way language works.
By this logic, couldn't you say "gay" has just evolved to both be a literal term for homosexuals and a blanket term for something silly / dumb? Sort of like how when most people call someone a "bag (switch the B with an F)", they're not actually thinking of a homosexual, they're just using it as an insult referring to a flamboyant / annoying person?
Last edited by xiao on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

You could say that sure. But it depends on what came first. Using the word "gay" to mean someone who's attracted to the same sex or using it to mean something you dislike. It really just depends on intentions as well.
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

I think it has a lot to do with the community you're in at the time as well. I mean, I have certain Christian friends that don't find most major "swear words" offensive, but others who will flip if you even say "cr*p". You're got to be-warey of your audience, and keep an eye on your heart.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Nope. Never have been.
I am so sorry for you. :(
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

UNCLEBITTLES wrote:
I am interested as to why you feel these sentiments UnClebittles.

On profanity: Words do not inherently have meaning. We give words meaning.

@QuadJ - I am interesting to understand your view on things such as 'pride parades' and 'coming out days.'
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

31899 wrote:
UNCLEBITTLES wrote:
I am interested as to why you feel these sentiments
I am as well... Do you also feel sorry for girls who don't have the "pleasure" of being attracted to other girls? :?
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

There's just something magical about a guy falling for a girl. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

~JCGJ~ wrote:
31899 wrote:
UNCLEBITTLES wrote:
I am as well... Do you also feel sorry for girls who don't have the "pleasure" of being attracted to other girls? :?
What? What the heck are you talking about? Someone asked him if he's ever been attracted to girls and he said nope never have been, and I said I'm sorry for him. What does your post have to do with anything? I'm so confused.
Last edited by UNCLEBITTLES on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

UNCLEBITTLES wrote:
~JCGJ~ wrote:
31899 wrote:
UNCLEBITTLES wrote:
What? What the heck are you talking about? Someone asked him if he's ever been attracted to girls and he said nope never have been, and I said I'm sorry for him. What does your post have to do with anything? I'm so confused.
You said, "I'm sorry you're not attracted to girls," so I said, "Are you also sorry for girls, because most of them aren't attractive to girls?"

I was being facetious.
They/Them
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

~JCGJ~ wrote:
UNCLEBITTLES wrote:
~JCGJ~ wrote:
31899 wrote:
UNCLEBITTLES wrote:
You said, "I'm sorry you're not attracted to girls," so I said, "Are you also sorry for girls, because most of them aren't attractive to girls?"

I was being facetious.
I thought his post was facetious. :(
@QuadJ - I am interesting to understand your view on things such as 'pride parades' and 'coming out days.'
Oh ya, there was a question here. I've never been to any so I don't want to comment. Other than why not? You could make an argument that such flamboyance sets gay rights back by sending the wrong message. But you could equally argue that people participating in such parades are just having fun and being themselves and if people can't accept someone for who they are and requires that someone to submit to a specific standard than why try to pander to them?

In other words, no comment.

American Eagle wrote:There's just something magical about a guy falling for a girl. \:D/
Oh romance movies. The scourge of pop culture. The "lowest common denominator" if you will. CURSE YOU TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!
Last edited by jasonjannajerryjohn on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
John Chrysostom

Post by John Chrysostom »

Dasi, do you really think you telling JJJJ that he's going to hell will accomplish anything? He's heard this a hundred times before, do you really think your hate is going to be the thing that makes him reconsider his life? Also, speak the truth in love, stop telling people they're going to hell.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

It's not. Dasi, I understand that you might be trying to reach Quad Jfor Christ, but that attitude won't work... besides the fact it sounds purposefully antagonistic.

No, sin does not send people to Hell. Well, it does, but I know some gay people myself who are saved. I feel that they're not living in the full revelation of the Word, but that's up to God to work out. And if they stay that way their entire life, wholeheartedly believing in the finished work of Christ, will that keep them from Heaven? I think not.

The thing about the ToO is that we hold a level of respect towards everyone. Of course, with what happened recently, that respect is expected to be returned. Quad J, while sometimes trolling the ToO just to get a laugh, has been honestly answering questions in this thread people have been asking. Your comment, Dasi, was rude and not in line with the Word.

So, everyone be nice before I start deleting posts.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Dasi wrote:I was looking of all your comments, JJJJ, and I don't think you should be so happy about being gay because being gay is the wrong thing I don't mean to sound harsh but someone needs to tell you that. I don't want you to end up in hell. so I'll be praying for you that you change your life around.

@Aron, I saw how you said you were proud of them because they didn't say "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL, GOD HATES YOU"
well it's not true that God hates them He loves everyone but He does hate what they are doing. and the sad truth is that if JJJJ doesn't change his life around then he is going to go to hell.

@JJJJ, I don't want you going to hell. because like I told Aron if you don't change your life around you are going to hell.
Hello there good sir or madam, welcome to the ToO! \:D/ I'd like to say that saying that I'm going to hell is a standard greeting by now, but unfortunately I haven't gotten that many such messages/posts. :( You'll find that the times, they are a'changin. Christians are slowly changing their mind about homosexuality being such a bad thing. Slowly. You'll find that most people on here tend to condemn me to hell for being an atheist rather than being gay. \:D/

Also, those who tend to use the old "love the sinner, hate the sin" cliche are generally saying more about their own sense of self-righteous holier than thou piety than the person they're saying it to. Just a thought.

Termite wrote:Quad J, while sometimes trolling the ToO just to get a laugh, has been honestly answering questions in this thread people have been asking.
Me, being serious and honestly answering questions? ...Shh, don't tell anyone. Wouldn't want to spoil my reputation. ;)
Last edited by jasonjannajerryjohn on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dasi
Fourscore and seven

Post by Dasi »

actually I think you 3 guys are getting me totally wrong. I don't hate JJJJ at all! but I'm telling him that if he doesn't change his ways then he will. and i'm telling him that because I care about what happens to him. I wouldn't tell him that if I didn't.

@JJJJ, yes some chirstians do accept homesexualty which I don't think they should because it's agianst God's ways. but it's still not right. And I don't hate you at all I care about what happens to you like I said before. so you all got my comment ALL wrong.
One ring to rule them all.
John Chrysostom

But again I ask, what purpose do you think you saying he's going to hell serves? You claim to care about JJJJ but why should he care a thing for what you're saying? You don't know him, you aren't his friend, to him you're just an annoying child who starts conversations by damming people to hell. Should we damm people to hell every time they admit to sinning?
Dasi
Fourscore and seven

Post by Dasi »

John Chrysostom wrote:But again I ask, what purpose do you think you saying he's going to hell serves? You claim to care about JJJJ but why should he care a thing for what you're saying? You don't know him, you aren't his friend, to him you're just an annoying child who starts conversations by damming people to hell. Should we damm people to hell every time they admit to sinning?
are you not getting what I'm saying? I said that because nobody else has told him that he will go to hell for what he does. and I'm not being like "YOU ROTTEN PERSON HOW DARE YOU BE BORN YOU ARE GOING TO HELL FOREVER BECAUSE EVERYONE HATES YOU AND GOD HATES YOU!" no that's not what I mean what I mean is "I care about you and i want you to be in heaven for eternity and God loves you and He wants you with him in heaven forever" that's what I mean. I want to tell people about Jesus every chance I get even if it does make people mad. but it's the truth and I want them to know it and if i hated them then I wouldn't even care.

and you can say I'm an annoying child but that's alright I would much rather be called that for telling someone I care about them and want them to go to heaven than not tell someone and not be called an annoying child.

and everyone sins and if I didn't know about Jesus than I would want someone to tell me about Him. Because I don't want to go to hell and I don't want anyone to go to hell.
One ring to rule them all.
John Chrysostom

You really think no one has told JJJJ he's going to hell? When I saw your post I messaged JJJJ on Facebook and said "So we got some new fundies on the ToO. Oh and shocker, they say you're going to hell" JJJJ was of course not surprised, because pretty much every new person to this forum who thinks telling people they're going to hell is fine and dandy makes their way over here and tells him that. You're over three years too late to be the first person to tell JJJJ he's going to hell. But who knows, maybe the three millionth time is the charm and JJJJ will convert in fear of eternal damnation. Because that's totally how Christians should be converting people, through fear.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Dasi wrote:
John Chrysostom wrote:But again I ask, what purpose do you think you saying he's going to hell serves? You claim to care about JJJJ but why should he care a thing for what you're saying? You don't know him, you aren't his friend, to him you're just an annoying child who starts conversations by damming people to hell. Should we damm people to hell every time they admit to sinning?
are you not getting what I'm saying? I said that because nobody else has told him that he will go to hell for what he does. and I'm not being like "YOU ROTTEN PERSON HOW DARE YOU BE BORN YOU ARE GOING TO HELL FOREVER BECAUSE EVERYONE HATES YOU AND GOD HATES YOU!" no that's not what I mean what I mean is "I care about you and i want you to be in heaven for eternity and God loves you and He wants you with him in heaven forever" that's what I mean. I want to tell people about Jesus every chance I get even if it does make people mad. but it's the truth and I want them to know it and if i hated them then I wouldn't even care.

and you can say I'm an annoying child but that's alright I would much rather be called that for telling someone I care about them and want them to go to heaven than not tell someone and not be called an annoying child.

and everyone sins and if I didn't know about Jesus than I would want someone to tell me about Him. Because I don't want to go to hell and I don't want anyone to go to hell.
Believe me, people have told him he's going to hell.

Also believe me when I say you're just pushing further him away.

It's not the correct response at all.

You can say, "I love you, and I'm telling you you're going to hell because I love you, and I don't want you to go" all you want, but it won't get him any closer to re-accepting Christ.

I'm sure he has had PLENTY of time to think about every time anyone's ever told him that, and it hasn't changed a thing... Why do you think it'll change now?

The key to winning souls for Christ isn't saying "You're going to hell if you don't repent!" to strangers on the street (or online, for that matter).
The key is developing a friendship; a relationship where people can see and experience your love toward them, instead of just hearing about your "love" (which you have demonstrated by using an an offensive, and overused cliche).

Does that make any sense?
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
They/Them