The Praise Report Thread

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I finally, officially, have started my (basically) dream job, thoughbeit part-time. My foot is finally in the door and I might be able to get in full-time at the department...either way, I've been waiting and praying for this for years! And it is in a great location--don't have to move across the country for it!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

I'm praising God for what He has blessed me with. I easily take things for granted but recently I've been being more aware of how blessed I am. He is a wonderful God who gives us so much to be thankful for.
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Thank you God for putting some of our friends in a certain plane. A family we know is in the long process of adopting 2 wonderful kids from Haiti. The mom and her mom were in Haiti visiting their kids and on their flight home the grandma happened to switch seats with someone and was sitting next to what looked like a very young girl(she was just very small and is 18 and is on a student visa to study chemistry) from Peru. Our friends happen to be fluent Spanish speakers, so the grandma was able to talk to her and when they arrived back home, they helped her arrange for her to ride a bus to her school, but as she is in a brand new place where she knows no one, she got lost and managed to contact our friends, who tracked her down, brought her home with them, and she is staying with them until some girls from her school can come and pick her up. The entire time she was missing, the mother and grandmother were worried sick about her . This girl has now gained a family that will welcome her with open arms on any school break for as long as she is in America. It was not a coincidence that the grandma switched seats, it was the working of God!

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I was on a retreat this past weekend and God did some amazing things. He healed my best friends sister completely of Lymes disease. She had had it for the past five years and it is really bad. But she was completely restored. Also his older brother was healed of his chronic illness as well. We also believe that the young man I have talked about before is meant to be healed if he hasn't been already. So many good things that God has done.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
BarkeviaEzekiel
Lurker

Post by BarkeviaEzekiel »

I'm living in a great country, with a good family, and I serve the best God.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I woke this morning to find out I had lost my wallet. I knew I had it last night when my dad took me to a place of business after work. I called the business, no wallet. Called dad to check if it was in his vehicle, no wallet. Having recently gone through fraud on my account, the thought of someone else finding my wallet made me uneasy. I prayed about it, walked to the other side of my bed and found the wallet in the exact place I looked not t minutes prior. Prayer still works folks.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

My sister's landlord refused to renew the lease on their apartment because of the baby. So she and her husband had to move in with my parents. I'm thankful for God's provision and God's protection. The neighbourhood they were in has become a war zone with rioters. My parent's neighbourhood is still safe. They are a mixed-race couple so being in a safe place is a true blessing right now.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

God recently blessed me with the funds for a new mattress and box spring and I'm so thankful for it.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's great, Bren! What a blessing.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

I recently accidentally ingested a giant dish that had mango. 10 years ago, I tested positive for a very bad mango allergy that triggered anaphylaxis. However, nothing happened this time. I'm currently focusing my medical energies on getting my surgery but after that, I'm going to get retested. I don't know if it was a one-time blessing or a cure.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member
Post by coffeeappreciation »

hi guys! I'm still very much a newbie here and I definitely am a sporadic participator, so that's why you might not recognize my name.

I wanted to post a praise report about my 9 month old kitty cat Stevie who is doing well post surgery. Warning, I will avoid graphic imagery but my story gets bad before it gets very good:

Stevie encountered a pit viper last Saturday- I found him in a very sorry state and thought he'd either been hit by a delivery vehicle (the only visitors to the property) OR mangled by a dog or other critter, and I rushed him to the local small animal hospital. They were not sure he would make it for about 48 hours; during this time they suspected a pit viper envenomation due to his not coagulating, and they gave him two blood transfusions and 4 vials of antivenom during that period and maybe a day after or so (it is all a blur sometimes.) At the end of it all he got a total of 6 vials (he's only 8 lbs!) Three days ago, he'd been stable for long enough that they were able to finally do wound care, which involved debridement of the necrotic tissue. They removed a significant amount so that IF we had elected to keep his little leg, it would have involved months of wound care and skin grafts. It made more sense to amputate. He had his amputation the following afternoon, and did so well when he woke up that we were all relieved we'd made the right choice.

He's home now, sleeping a lot and taking oral pain medication and antibiotics, now a tripod kitty.

I am just so glad he is alive. God's hand was on him the whole time and on all his talented doctors, students, and staff who saved him and were so kind to me during this difficult moment. That's my praise!
Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you there! Thanks to everyone who helped hatch my dragon egg! :anxious: