Guide Updates

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bren
Be positive!

Guide Updates

Post by Bren »

For the last week or so, I have been working on the guide my administration put together 10 years ago. Most of it is dated and I want something that any new members can read and be able to enjoy the fine site that has been apart of my life for years.

So far my changes have been to update the forum tour and add a few links. I also updated the Hillingdale info. I took this section completely out because it's dated.
Bren wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:04 pm 4 . Board Features:The Town of Odyssey has many exciting features! You have the ability to set up a bank account, run your own blog, buy stuff from the Shop, join a raffle, play in the arcade, watch TV or post your thoughts in the Chat! Most of these are based on phpBB Modifications, except for Chat and ToO Tv.
  • The Arcade: This is the place for games! The Arcade has popular games like Tetris, Donkey Kong and Pacman, and they only cost $0.25 per play!
  • The Bank is a place where all your money may be kept! You have the option to set-up an account and deposit or withdraw cash from the bank. You should receive interest each day, based on your current amount of wealth.
  • The Blogs are designed for people who have much to say! You can create a blog, publish posts, choose a Layout, and follow other blogs!
  • The Chat is a great place for general discussions, and often for special board-wide commentaries and chats. You'll need a "nickname" to chat, and have the option of using Mibbit, Java or IRC chat programs (which are explained at the chat site).
  • The Raffle is a game (also called the Lottery) where once enough users have bought a ticket, a drawing is held and the winner takes all.
  • The Shop is a place to buy things of all varieties (using your ToO money). Once purchased, these items go into “your inventory” for all to see.
  • ToO TV is a place to watch and listen to various podcasts and such. Designed by Eugene to work with Microsoft Silverlight, the application plays both audio and video. In the future, users may be able to upload their own content.
Granted, the images need updated, which I am doing my best with via a phone. But, what else do you guys think should be changed? Do we cut election talk out or just update it?

I welcome your feedback.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

The Chat is still around, so will you add that back in somewhere?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

The chat will be in there somewhere.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

I'd keep the things about elections in, even if they rarely happen, because in principle they can happen, and they are part of how the site was intended to work. Users should be aware of this theoretical difference from other forums.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for taking on this project, Bren! I appreciate it.

I think the election stuff should remain. I promise to do an election in January, after the Christmas board goes down, and we'll see if we can get some competition going. \:D/
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I'm just glad to help the board that has been a big part of my life for years.
ImageImageImage
logos linked