A Letter to the Community

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Sequoia
Lurker

A Letter to the Community

Post by Sequoia »

To the webmasters, administrators, moderators, and users of the Town of Odyssey and its associated websites,

Thank you. Before I say what I'm about to say, I want to thank you - all of you - for taking the time to read this letter. I would also like to thank the administrator of this website for allowing me to post this letter. Above all else, though, I'd like to thank you guys for the grace you displayed during the years I was actually here, on this website, in your community; I certainly didn't deserve any of it.

Several years ago, I became a member of this community and a handful of others associated with it. While I was here - and there - I held a number of beliefs that were wrong, to say the least, and I expressed them in a way that was despicable, to say the least. And I lied to you, multiple times, needlessly and inexcusably. Several times, I was disciplined for my actions, which ranged from the unconscionable to the criminal, and eventually we parted ways on less-than-amicable terms. Frankly, as the years went on, I grew and I changed. I had conversations with the kinds of people I had treated so terribly here and in other corners of the Internet, and we became constituents in each other's lives. I even had something of a religious transformation: I realized, slowly and painfully, that my idea of God and of the Christian faith was nothing less than a lie. Who I was, what I believed, and what I wanted were transformed in a drastic and dramatic fashion. Part of that transformation is thanks to you guys.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for who I was and what I thought. I'm sorry for the things I said concerning - among other things - the victims of sexual assault, the LGBT community, and the courageous souls who have taken it upon themselves to carry the torch of racial justice into the 21st century. I'm sorry to specific users of this site, for things I said to them that were not, are not, and never will be OK. I'm sorry to specific users of some of your affiliates, to whom I once again said terrible and inexcusable things. And I'm asking for your forgiveness, though the good Lord knows I don't deserve it.

If you've made it this far into this post, thank you. If you have something you want to say, I'll be here, in some ways. If you know someone who might want to read this, please pass it on to them. Once again, thank you. Good night.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

<3 I don't know/remember the specifics here but I hope you continue becoming the best version of you possible, Sequoia.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Is it you, Dredge??
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

jelly wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:28 am Is it you, Dredge??
that's what i'm thinking too??
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It's okay, we forgive you mr whit.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Marvin D. wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:32 pm
it has to be? i can't think of anyone more inflammatory on the board in recent years.
he/him | a little stinker.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Steve wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:48 pm
it has to be? i can't think of anyone more inflammatory on the board in recent years.
oh well i was kind of hoping to get that title. thanks, steve.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member
Post by coffeeappreciation »

It is a season just about now, for forgiveness and for steps in the right direction. I don't know about any of this history, being new to this site, but this has warmed my heart very much. Much love to you and all the parties involved.
Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you there! Thanks to everyone who helped hatch my dragon egg! :anxious:
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Marvin D. wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:29 pm
sorry marv, gotta troll harder.
he/him | a little stinker.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Steve wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:37 pm
Marvin D. wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:29 pm
sorry marv, gotta troll harder.
guys, steve smells really funny. like, all the time.