Who's Who on The ToO: ByeByeBrownie

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bren
Be positive!

Who's Who on The ToO: ByeByeBrownie

Post by Bren »

Back in 2009, an idea was born to feature various ToOers and get to know them via interviews. It has been used off and on over the years, but the last one was nearly 5 years ago. So, I decided it needs to make a return. May I present to you...

2021 Edition: 1
For my first interview this year, I sat down with ByeByeBrownie.Brownie joined us only a year ago, in 2020. But, in that year, she has become a great friend and I want the town to get to know her better.

Q: How did you find The ToO?
Brownie: I stumbled onto the SS first, and I'm not really sure how. Then the SS was down for a while and I found the ToO and migrated over here. I think what kept me here was the chat. I was so scared of everybody at first (everybody seemed so much cooler than me xD), but now y'all are some of my favorite people in the entire world! :D

Q: Do you have any pets?
Brownie Yes! I have a little parrot (green cheek conure if any of you out there are bird people) and my parents have a retriever mix that I occasionally claim as mine. Both are rescues and I love them to death! #adoptdontshop

Q: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Brownie: I have always loved animals, so I wanted to be a veterinarian from a very young age. I even went to college as a biology major with the intention of going to vet school. But I quickly discovered that life was not for me.

Q: Can you tell us what you do for a living?
Brownie: I'm an assistant editor at a textbook publisher. In addition to the books themselves, we edit and plan out curriculum supplements like lesson plans, test banks, PowerPoints, etc. I am currently in the business, computing & careers editorial department, but I've worked on a variety of projects including a nursing assistant curriculum, a health book and various family & consumer sciences titles.

Q: How would you describe your perfect coffee?
Brownie: Does a peppermint mocha count? Peppermint mochas are my all-time favorite coffee drink! On a day-to-day basis, though, I like a home-brewed cup of Starbucks mocha-flavored coffee with a splash of flavored creamer. And in the summer, make it iced!

Q: What is one lesson that the COVID pandemic has taught you?
Brownie: Patience! I've never done well with sitting still, but this time has taught me the value of appreciating all you have in the exact moment you're in rather than jumping ahead to whatever's next the minute you start to feel the least bit uncomfortable. I'm not sure what God's plan is in all this, but I'm learning to just be still and trust his timing.

Q: What is your favorite thing to do on a day off?
Brownie: I think it depends on the weather. If it's nice outside, I like to just wander around and explore my city or go to the zoo or hike a nature trail. If it's rainy or cold, I prefer indoor activities like going to museums or having movie marathons at home.

Q: What is your most favorite thing about The ToO?
[Brownie:[/b] Bahahahaha, the money? But it's gone now 😭😭😭

So, BART'S PORK RIND CLOSET

Q: If you could teach any lesson through AIO to reach your generation, how would you do that?
Brownie: Ooh, this is a great question! To be honest, I have so many ideas I can't list them all here (that's why I write fanfic lol). One topic I'd definitely like to address is legalism in Christianity. A lot of people in my generation have turned away from the church and their faith because the brand of Christianity we grew up with emphasized conformity and rule-following over a real relationship with Christ. That said, I would really like to see a character struggle with their faith and question if it's really real or all just a performance. Another theme that would be interesting to explore is, for lack of a better description, "when heroes fall." In my experience, Christians like to set up certain people, particularly church leaders, as almost super-human demigods. Then when these people fail or hurt us, it causes us to question our faith because we've placed it in the wrong person. It would definitely be interesting for the show to explore the fallout when a major leader-type character fails in some way.

Q: What is your favorite bible verse and why?
Brownie: Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

God gave this message to his people Israel when they were in captivity in Babylon because of their unfaithfulness to him. Even though they had turned away from him, he still had something amazing in store for them. This verse reminds me that there's nothing I can do to mess up God's perfect plan for my life. He's in control even when things feel out of control, and he is working everything out for his glory and my good.

Thank you for taking the time to read this interview. If you would like to read past interviews, you can a list here
ImageImageImage
logos linked
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

I loved reading this interview!! :D Brownie, I'm so glad you found us and decided to stay! I think you're one of the coolest peeps here 8-) \:D/
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Some of her answers were very thought provoking. I'm glad to consider apart of my close friend circle.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

Aww, thanks guys! Y'all are the best! :hug:
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

What a great interview! Thanks Bren and ByeByeBrownie! I had no idea what your job was and it sounds very interesting. I also appreciated your thoughts on the dangers of putting our faith in human leaders instead of in God who will never fail us, unlike people.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Glad you liked it @Catspaw. I may do a few more in the future.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, I hope you do! I would love to see that. :yes: