It's time to say WELCOME BACK!

Finally!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

It's time to say WELCOME BACK!

Post by snubs »

New year, new ToO! ...But not the newToO board style. :p
Eugene wrote:Passwords have been reset during the upgrade. If you can't reset your password or need to change your email address, please email: [email protected]

If you find an issue, please post it in the Log of site issues.

What have you all been doing in the meantime? Catspaw, how did you fill the void of your daily ToO check-ins?

Frankly, I kinda forgot about this place, well, I didn't forget, I just wasn't really missing it. But then I got really sad I wasn't able to post about the Christmas Listening party I hosted back on December 22 in the chatroom. :boohoo: We still had a great turnout regardless though!
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I for one have missed the community/family feeling of the place. For nearly 13 years so many of you have been like an extended family to me and I am glad we can come here again.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

Hello, everyone!! Thanks for your patience with the upgrade... it took longer than anticipated, but we're back now!! \:D/ Things are a little different now, eh? Fancy new notifications, better mobile compatibility, user mentions, and we can now install the ToO as a web app? My, aren't we cutting edge! ;)

December was the best month of my year so far. I didn't really get into the Christmas spirit until the week leading up to the big day. The big BIG good news is that one of my foster siblings (who was taken away from our family last December without warning) was FINALLY returned to our mother's care!! I still haven't seen him in-person because of the pandemic preventing non-essential travel... but it's such a relief that he's home! He was being abused and neglected in a group home for the past twelve months with little contact with us. Now we video chat and game online every day. :mrgreen: So thankful!!

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Nice new look! Love it!

ImageImageImageImage
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

Wow, it came back faster than I thought it would. Good to see the place up and running again! \:D/
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

Yay!! Excited to see the ToO again! It looks awesome! Ya'll did a great job getting this back up and running!! So a big thank you to everyone that helped with that!! You guys are great \:D/
Eugene wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:47 pm December was the best month of my year so far. I didn't really get into the Christmas spirit until the week leading up to the big day. The big BIG good news is that one of my foster siblings (who was taken away from our family last December without warning) was FINALLY returned to our mother's care!! I still haven't seen him in-person because of the pandemic preventing non-essential travel... but it's such a relief that he's home! He was being abused and neglected in a group home for the past twelve months with little contact with us. Now we video chat and game online every day. :mrgreen: So thankful!!
Yay!! I'm sure that is so exciting to get your foster brother back!! \:D/
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Great work Eugene (and everyone else)! \:D/

Thanks Bren for notifying me that this was live and warning me that I'd have to reset my password. :P

This probably isn't the place to post complaints but I MISS THE GREY THEME ALREADYYYY
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Welcome back, ToO! Thanks to Eugene and everyone else for all their hard work! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

snubs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:15 pm What have you all been doing in the meantime? Catspaw, how did you fill the void of your daily ToO check-ins?
The void was too big. :( It was impossible to fill. :sniff: But now that I have my good ToO smilies back, life is complete again! \:D/

I already keep more than busy between work, church, friends, and family commitments, so I wasn't sitting around bored. Some of those things were online instead of in person, but still took plenty of time! I did sometimes find myself wanting to post on a certain topic or wanting to check something I knew was on the ToO but couldn't. It's great to have the site back! I'm sure it took a lot of work, so it's great to see other people also returning and happy to see the renewed site. :yes:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

jelly wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:05 pmThis probably isn't the place to post complaints but I MISS THE GREY THEME ALREADYYYY
Yeah, I think we'll have to create a neutral theme of some sort. :yes:

Catspaw wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:39 pm
snubs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:15 pm What have you all been doing in the meantime? Catspaw, how did you fill the void of your daily ToO check-ins?
The void was too big. :( It was impossible to fill. :sniff: But now that I have my good ToO smilies back, life is complete again! \:D/
I think everyone missed the ToO smilies the most. xD :boohoo:
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Just a little advice, you might want to post about where to find the chat. It took me forever to figure out how to get there! :lol: ](*,) #-o

ImageImageImageImage
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

So very happy to have the ToO back, I really missed it!! \:D/ I also surprised myself by staying absolutely calm the first day I saw it was down, usually I fly into a panic when a message board I belong to is down. I sincerely thank everyone for their hard work. =D>
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Thought it was finally dead, better luck next time. :(
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Really glad to have this place back! I don't always come here a lot, but it felt weird to not have the option!
I am confused
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yay, it's back! Thanks for everyone's hard work at getting it back up!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

The Top Crusader wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:14 am Thought it was finally dead, better luck next time. :(
Just admit it, Top. You missed this place the most.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I have covid to thank for missing it. All that extra time is what brought me back in the first place. Glad it's back.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I'm so glad the ToO and my ToO family is back! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ I hope we can get back the same or better usage of this site before it shut down.

Thanks so much for all you did, Eugene!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Okay so I’m not gonna lie. I haven’t been around here in ages. :anxious: but I’ve been checking it faithfully for a while since I joined the discord and I’m so glad it’s back up and running. Good job on the update everyone! \:D/
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Whoop whoop it's back! Yaaayyyy! Good job to all the big brains that made this happen.

(Not me just posting so that everyone can see the new sig snubs made me)
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty