How did you discover the ToO?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I was a member of the CBH message boards, and one of my best friends, StrongNChrist, was a member of both CBH and the ToO. She encouraged a lot of us to check out the ToO, but I didn't get around to joining until a few years after the CBH message boards closed their doors for good.
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

TheDinosaurPlanet wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:13 pm
Mountain_Girl wrote:I found it through an online friend from CLASS (Christian Liberty Academy Satellite School) whose brother had his own message board at the time. I was into chatting and they said that this place (or at the time, Town Hall) had a great chatroom. So, I came to chat and stayed, even though I had never heard of AIO and still haven't gotten into it. LOL!
Hey, another Class homeschooler!
Yep! Though I have been out of that for years now. LOL! I was a CLASS homeschooler k-12. It was only at the age of 13 that I found out about the message/bulletin board.

ImageImageImageImage
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I wonder if anyone found us through the Facebook page in the last few years.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I found the ToO because I met Evil Chick in person. She was wearing one of those cool "Adventures in Odyssey" t-shirts that you could get, I think directly from FOTF, that came in either black or red I think. She told me about the ToO. I think I moved on from this site in 2010 at some point, so I missed the March 2011 news but my online brother Whitty Whit told me about it. And now I'm back into listening to Odyssey daily and so now I'm here to bring my delightful spam back!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

KODY 105 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:59 pm I found the ToO because I met Evil Chick in person. She was wearing one of those cool "Adventures in Odyssey" t-shirts that you could get, I think directly from FOTF, that came in either black or red I think. She told me about the ToO. I think I moved on from this site in 2010 at some point, so I missed the March 2011 news but my online brother Whitty Whit told me about it. And now I'm back into listening to Odyssey daily and so now I'm here to bring my delightful spam back!
KODY, this is awesome! If you've shared this story before, I had forgotten. I love how Evil Chick's AIO shirt led you here! My shirt is black, and I think you're right that the other colour available was red. It's great to have you around again. :yes:
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I didn't have $20 to spare for a cool shirt at the time, and now I have enough t-shirts.... But I had recognized her shirt exactly because I had been aware of the current merchandising. It was what, 2007 or 2008, and the "Celebrating 20 years" was ramping up or had just happened, iirc.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: