Suggestion Box/Public Opinion Poll: Hillingdale Haven

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!

Should We Rename Hillingdale Haven?

Poll ended at Sun May 10, 2020 9:04 pm

Yes!
85%
No!
15%

Total votes: 27

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Gaming Den doesn't follow convention because it was originally a Faction; you know this.

You are correct though that the more layers in a forum goes the less its naming really matters, or at least less thought goes into it.

My real issue is that the written words "pork rinds" are grating to me so seeing that on the index every day is going to make me cringe.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

:lol: There's worse. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Of course there is, I didn't say this was the worst possible thing it could be. :roll: That doesn't affect the effect it has.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

But you know what can affect it? A smile! :)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That's true. Is someone going to be there to give one every time I open the site though?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

You can be there bud, you can. ;)

Also, you could implore the next administration to change it... or something like that.
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

Just saying, but you can hide the forums you don't want to see using the UCP: Display Options for Forums. ;)

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

while i would never eat pork rinds in real life i'm down for this name change, although i'll probably always instinctively associate it with the original HH \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Eugene wrote:Just saying, but you can hide the forums you don't want to see using the UCP: Display Options for Forums. ;)
I want to see the forum.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

bookworm wrote:
Eugene wrote:Just saying, but you can hide the forums you don't want to see using the UCP: Display Options for Forums. ;)
I want to see the forum.
look bookworm, nobody else really minds, there's no valid reason why we shouldn't change it, and i think that in the grand scheme of things, there are much worse things than really being annoyed because of a pork rind closet on an Internet message board :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Reading through this thread several days ago, I wondered why Marvin hadn't jumped in to address bookworm yet. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Marvin D. wrote:there's no valid reason why we shouldn't change it, and i think that in the grand scheme of things, there are much worse things than really being annoyed because of a pork rind closet on an Internet message board :p
I don't believe I've expressed sentiments counter to any of these statements. :-k I've merely been giving my own input on the subject, which I thought was the purpose of the thread. It obviously doesn't affect me on a deep level one way or the other and I'm certainly not "annoyed" by anything.

The transition a few posts ago from somewhat serious input on the matter to a more lighthearted reason of cringing at the words was intended to signify moving on. EK seemed to get it, laughing and shrugging off the remark.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Just fyi, there are still some old stickies in those forums that refer to Hillingdale Haven and the "crazy" inmates. :- Someone may want to write up some new/edited versions of those to match the new names.
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

Petrichor wrote:Just fyi, there are still some old stickies in those forums that refer to Hillingdale Haven and the "crazy" inmates. :- Someone may want to write up some new/edited versions of those to match the new names.
Indeed! We'll get that sorted out for suresies. :yes:

#NeverFearDaPawsAreHere

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;