SSL/TLS/HTTPS and Board Emails

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

SSL/TLS/HTTPS and Board Emails

Post by Eugene »

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to give you all a little update about some technical stuff that has changed this past week.

Reddo and I have installed a new SSL/TLS certificate on the ToO that enables secure connections via HTTPS. This change gets rid of the "insecure login page" warning that you might have seen and encrypts all traffic with the ToO server. That's pretty great! \:D/

The one little thing is that you may get a warning that parts of a page are insecure here and there. This is because many sigs and embedded images in posts are linked to using HTTP instead of HTTPS. This isn't a big problem. Just try putting "https://" at the beginning of image links (instead of the usual "http://") when you change your sigs and embed images in the future. Otherwise, no big deal! :D

The other change is that we have board emails back!! :mad:

Can you believe it?? It's crazy!

This means notifications, password resets, and everything else are now going to be no problem! :thumbsup: Remember that you can adjust what emails you receive by changing your settings in the User Control Panel.

I hope that everyone enjoys these changes as we work to improve the ToO!! :mrgreen:

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Thank you Eugene for all the work you're putting into this board! YOU'RE THE BEST AND WE DON'T DESERVE YOOOUUU
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Eugene once again lives up to his namesake with brilliant and amazing work! :yes: Thank you so much, Eugene! :hug:
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Woohoo!! Thank you Reddo and Eugene! You all are the best! :robot:
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'm so happy emails are working again! \:D/ It's been soooo long. Now new users shouldn't have a problem joining!

Thanks, Eugene! I can foresee you and Reddo doing some great things. =D
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

YAY FOR HTTPS! Thank for making the Town a much safer place! \:D/
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: