Introducing.. TheToO! The new default board!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Introducing.. TheToO! The new default board!

Post by snubs »

Introducing. . .

. . .The ToO's NEW OFFICIAL default board style!!
\:D/ \:D/

Kaida and I set out on this project in late 2016, after finishing the OdysseyChristmas board. However, shortly into the creation process we put it aside due to running into a creator's block. ](*,) We just weren't liking it! :x BUT we never forgot about it, and REALLY wanted to make it happen! So, with the self-quarantine going on, we found ourselves with some extra time and decided to finish what we started!!

We really tried to make a theme that everyone would enjoy. And more importantly, a board style that would encapsulate the character of The Town of Odyssey. The character of a small town, with a rich, close-knit, community being brought together by one thing, Adventures in Odyssey. <3 We, also, especially wanted to pay homage to the old default style (newToO) by building a theme around the purple and gold color scheme. Even still however, we understand this board style may not please everyone, but that's why we have others to choose from. :wink:  
We hope you love this new theme as much as we do! \:D/ Even if it's not your go-to board style of choice!

Also, special thanks to Eugene for helping us out with some of the final details!
^click to enlarge^

If you would like to change your board style to the new default (called "TheToO"), or another one, simply go to User Control Panel --> Board Preferences --> then select the board style you want in the drop down box next to "My board style" and hit submit. Easy peasy!
shnoodlec
Tallying up

Post by shnoodlec »

THE THOON THING!! IT'S ARRIVED!!

Good job you two, it looks great.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. now enjoying an era of peace between the Monkeys and Vampires. permanent n00b. Q&A thread HERE. come find me on the ToO chat if you dare.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

We loves it! Fab job. =D>
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Very well done. I'm thrilled to see the town flag included. I also like the modern font.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

It looks great! I like the mix of old and new characters featured! :yes: Also the reference to Wonderworld. :inlove:
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

It is beautiful. I like that Lucy is one of the chosen characters to be displayed. She's an OG.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm on mobile so I can't see it yet, but from just the screenshot it looks wonderful! I'm eager to check it out once in a real browser!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'm so glad you all are liking it! ^_^ It's great to hear your feedback!
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

OH MY GOODNESS, IT'S HERE!!!! :mad: :bounce:

It's such an exciting change for the boards, and I'm really enjoying it! \:D/ Even though it's taken a long time to get to this point, the effort has been worth it for sure.

Good job, snubs and Kaida!! Congrats on the big THOON THING that is now HERE!! =D>

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

i LOVE it \:D/ was such a surprise seeing it when logging in today! changing it to my default. thank you so much!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

Yo that looks super great!! Way to go guys!
*Finger guns aggressively*
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I love it!! especially the purple, my favorite color!! Thanks guys!!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I love it. Thanks for the hard work Kaida, snubs, and Eugene!
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Yay! I am so glad to hear all these positive comments! It makes all the work worth it. Y'all have no idea the amount of details we go over and over because we want it to look really good for y'all. It was really fun to get to do this with snubs though. We love it and it makes us happy to hear that y'all love it too! :D
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I probably won't be changing for my use because the elements feel a bit oversized to me, it's awkward to navigate compared to this compact layout that I like; but that's just preference. It looks absolutely great! I fully support it being the new default.

Thank you both for undertaking this; as someone who had to do a deep dive into phpBB theming to recreate Regisville on the Stock Market site I understand what a process it is.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Woohoo! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us, snubs and Kaida. It looks great.
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

The ToO is so beautiful now I can't even. :incnt: :cry: Thank you so much!! \:D/ \:D/
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

Love it!!! Been enjoying it so much! You all did an amazing job!
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

My only problem with with it now is that I don't remember if I'm logged in our not because it looks the same either way :wacky:
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: