Town Council Comeback

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bren
Be positive!

Town Council Comeback

Post by Bren »

Does anyone else think the Town Council should make a comeback? Seems like it was a little easier to share the load when there was more people on the team. Most of us are older and the real world dominates part of our lives. If we delegated some things to a somewhat bigger team it'd be a big help I think. In an age of social media, some unofficial council members could help with our FB page seeing as we have some veterans already in place for making posts. Now, I'm not saying take away from The Revival. Rather, that a council would help with the current issue.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

In the ToO's current state, a Town Council sounds like a better than doing elections for two people. Only because you can have more people to share the effort. However, I think it only works if everyone involved is equally interested and invested.

I would help.. however, I kinda consider myself retired from hosting ToO activities and such, just because my time is being used elsewhere and a lot of my extra time is going into my AIO page, Odyssey Moments. The only thing I would really be interested in doing is finishing a new default board style. And possibly helping with creating more user activity by creating conversations.

As it has been said many times before, the ToO's inactivity could simply just be due to times have changed. Using other, quicker and easier, outlets such as Facebook and Instagram have become more popular. The AIO trivia group on FB seems to always have a new post from someone. We haven't been getting new members (new members that actually post) for a couple years now it seems, which, I believe has aided greatly in the decline of activity. Before, we would get waves of different "generations"/groups of members, who would join, become integrated into the community, and eventually become many of our well known and seasoned members. We just don't get that anymore. =\
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |