Hmm, this town is newer than I thought.

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Hmm, this town is newer than I thought.

Post by NatetheGreat »

I was just reading the rules, and this paragraph stood out:
There are many responsibilities that come with being an administrator, so don't make your decision to run on a whim. You need to be dedicated to helping this board maintain the pristine quality it has had for the past 4 years.
Hmmm, that hasn't been updated in a while, has it? :-s
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Or perhaps it refers to the quality of the first nine years of the ToO. :-k
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's always a mistake to reference a certain year in a document without big reasons to update it regularly. Oops! Maybe that will get edited, but I can guarantee that I won't remember to update it every year. :anxious:
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Catspaw wrote:It's always a mistake to reference a certain year in a document without big reasons to update it regularly. Oops! Maybe that will get edited, but I can guarantee that I won't remember to update it every year. :anxious:
Maybe just edit out the reference to the year? Something like, "You need to be dedicated to helping this board maintain its pristine quality."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Petrichor wrote:
Catspaw wrote:It's always a mistake to reference a certain year in a document without big reasons to update it regularly. Oops! Maybe that will get edited, but I can guarantee that I won't remember to update it every year. :anxious:
Maybe just edit out the reference to the year? Something like, "You need to be dedicated to helping this board maintain its pristine quality."
Yep, something like that is a great idea! :D

When I look at "A Guide to the ToO" I see a line that says, " There are many responsibilities that come with being an administrator" and then that's the end of the section, so either bookworm edited it already but didn't post about it yet, or Nate and I are not looking at the same place. :-k
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Catspaw wrote:When I look at "A Guide to the ToO" I see a line that says, " There are many responsibilities that come with being an administrator" and then that's the end of the section, so either bookworm edited it already but didn't post about it yet, or Nate and I are not looking at the same place. :-k
Sorry, should have included a link. Here's the page and section I was looking at. :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

NatetheGreat wrote:
Catspaw wrote:When I look at "A Guide to the ToO" I see a line that says, " There are many responsibilities that come with being an administrator" and then that's the end of the section, so either bookworm edited it already but didn't post about it yet, or Nate and I are not looking at the same place. :-k
Sorry, should have included a link. Here's the page and section I was looking at. :)
Oh, I see. Thanks for the link! That's very helpful. That wasn't what I thought you were referring to. That info was probably taken from the thread I linked to prior to it being edited. I have a vague recollection of updating the rules and Guide to the ToO here and there over the years, which is why I was surprised to see such an outdated number in your original post.

I actually do not know how to edit the FAQ offhand since I've never done it and it's different than a regular thread edit, and I'm in a hurry tonight. Bookworm, if you know how, feel free to make the edit or tell me how. ;) Otherwise I'll figure it out later.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:I actually do not know how to edit the FAQ offhand since I've never done it and it's different than a regular thread edit, and I'm in a hurry tonight. Bookworm, if you know how, feel free to make the edit or tell me how. ;) Otherwise I'll figure it out later.
It may be in the ACP somewhere, but I'm not certain. If not it would require editing the actual source file on the FTP server.