The ToO 500

protest the 1%

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

The ToO 500

Post by Tea Ess »

The total wealth is measured from the top 200 posters. When I compared the total amount the top 200 posters had stored in the bank, it was within 5% of the actual holdings of the bank.

The large light grey section is for users who had between $5 and $1000. It was originally labeled in the graph, but I'm not sure what happened to it. Those labeled in the legend have over $4,000, with the exception of Catspaw, who was included because she is Catspaw. Sections of the graph which were not labeled are individual ToO members who have between $2,000 and $4,000. People who had under $5 were excluded altogether.

Together, bookworm, EK, Kait, snubs, and Marvin control around 55% of the total wealth of the ToO. The most wealthy 18 users, beginning with bookworm and ending with The Doctor, control around 75% of the wealth. Out of 1315 members, the 1%, estimated as the top 13 members, control over 71% of the wealth. If the member base is narrowed to over 300 posts, the 1% of the new category, bookworm, EK, and Kait, controls over 42% of the total wealth.

The following table lists the top 200 posters, minus those with under $5. Green cells indicate an amount between $1,000 and $2,000, yellow indicates an amount between $2,000 and $7,000, and red indicates an amount over $7,000.
This is the table I used to make the chart, in case anyone wanted to see the exact wealth rating of different people.
Last edited by Tea Ess on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My goodness, somebody's been doing their homework! Try to get some bonus marks in math class for this. :yes: Thanks for including me just for being me. ;) I hadn't realized that two of the ToO's wealthiest citizens are rarely on the ToO. Interesting work, T.S.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Wow. This is pretty cool, T.S! Very interesting and insightful. *nods*
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

DOWN WITH THE RICH!! :protest: :protest:
DISTRIBUTE THE WEALTH!! :demonstration:

:mrgreen:
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

Fascinating. Pretty clear too, although for a minute I thought I was in fourth place.
~ Walker in Dreams
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Thank you, Catspaw and snubs.
Penguin wrote:DOWN WITH THE RICH!! :protest: :protest:
DISTRIBUTE THE WEALTH!! :demonstration:
TAX THEM ALL!! :x
Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:Fascinating. Pretty clear too, although for a minute I thought I was in fourth place.
Yeah, I did this a few times as well. I could have changed the color slice by slice, but I decided against that.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Very nice. I congratulate you on the diligence it must have taken to gather the relevant data. May I ask what motivated you to undertake this task?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Mostly just curiosity. :p Yes, entering in everyone's account information took quite a while, especially with the ToO slower than normal.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is great T.S. well done! I have wanted to see a visual breakdown of this information for a while, but didn’t think there was a way to do it (easily) without being able to query the database, so thank you for doing the work!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*clutches thousands of bills close to chest*

Mine is the most impressive of all since pretty much all the money came solely from posting and not from winning prizes. .and what I did win usually went back to elections.

Just saying.

O:)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Yeah. That's pretty impressive. @Marvin D.

bookworm stole all his money.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Thank you, bookworm. I'm glad it was useful.

Speaking of origins of money, where did all of Kait's come from? I knew she was wealthy, but I had no idea it was to such a massive extent.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Wow... and my brother isn't even a capitalist....
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

T.S. (myself) wrote:Speaking of origins of money, where did all of Kait's come from? I knew she was wealthy, but I had no idea it was to such a massive extent.
EK, I believe, 'made' (created) himself a bunch of money (when he was admin).. and then gave a bunch to Kait. I could be wrong though.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I certainly hope you’re wrong; that’s like an impeachable offense. :| I never thought I’d see the day a ToO Administration participated in legitimate corruption.

The cash those two have was questioned before, but no definite answers were attained.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Well, I am pretty positive that's what happened. Because it happened out of the blue... and curiously after you obtained your sum. And well... it's EK.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Why has he been allowed to keep these funds then? I demand accountability.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I don't know. Didn't seem like anyone cared.. and "it's EK," he can get away with murder. :roll:

And what about you? You stole all your money. =p
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

First even assuming your claim is true, that was a valid event that was held and anyone else could have done the same. The robbery mod can’t even be put in the same thought as ‘I’m an Admin so I’ll give myself thousands of dollars out of thin air!’

But secondly, your claim isn’t even accurate! I returned much of the money I stole, and what I ended up keeping was not a major contributor to my overall net worth; I was already among the richest members before that incident occurred.
I legitimately earned my cash over years of consistent activity on the board. I resent the accusation that a significant portion of my funds are questionable and have an inclination to take you to Judge Moody’s Court for libel.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Haha, do you think I really care how much money you have, bookie? \:D/ =p I don't even really care that EK (probably) made himself 40k... though that is slightly annoying.