Support the ToO Raffle

A Public Service Announcement

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Support the ToO Raffle

Post by bookworm »

Did you know the ToO has a weekly Raffle? It’s easy to participate, just buy a ticket once a week and see if yours is drawn. The winner gets the pot of ticket money. It’s a great way to add some extra excitement to your browsing.

The Raffle is currently extremely underutilized, and at times goes weeks on end with no participation at all. If only one person enters they’re guaranteed to win, which takes all the excitement out of it. And all they’re doing is winning back their entry, so it’s actually pointless. There needs to be at least two people in each week to ensure an unknown winner, and an actual prize. I enter every week without fail, so we just need one more person to commit. But imagine how great it would be if many more people participated. It’s so simple there’s virtually no reason not to, and the more people that do the more money gets moved around.

Many people have voiced disappointments in the past about the shortage of things to do with their money outside of Election season, yet here is a wonderful way to get some of our cash circulating and it goes by without a thought. It’s the perfect way to put your money in action through something simple and fun.

Buy a Raffle ticket today!

This has been a PSA from the ToO Raffle Management.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Yeah but the more people the less of a chance of winning...and a higher chance of one just losing money.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Thank you. This is away to usefully spend my money.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

snubs wrote:Yeah but the more people the less of a chance of winning...and a higher chance of one just losing money.
This is kind of my issue :p I almost never win anything, and I really don't feel like giving one person $10 of my money >.>
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Marvin D. wrote:
snubs wrote:Yeah but the more people the less of a chance of winning...and a higher chance of one just losing money.
This is kind of my issue :p I almost never win anything, and I really don't feel like giving one person $10 of my money >.>
Exactly. And GAMBLING IS EVILLLL. =o
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Fair enough, that's a very valid reason not to do it, but for most people that wouldn't be the focus. As I said, people who want something to do with their money - here it is. Spread the cash around. It's a win-win. If you're drawn, you get more money. If someone else is, they get to start saving up. It's an overall economy thing, not an exclusively personal one.
Besides, I'm pretty sure most people make $10 in posts in a week, so it's kind of not costing anything actually. It's a no-brainer way to get money moving.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

It gets the money moving. .but it's not like a real economy where I start to feel the benefits of it ;) I've entered the raffle quite a few times, and I've walked away with very little money--much like it is for many people in the real world. Why spread the cash around and most likely let someone else get it when I could just save it up?

Now, if I won every week. .\:D/

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Marvin D. wrote:Why spread the cash around and most likely let someone else get it when I could just save it up?
Because someone else will get it. You don't understand what I'm saying.
Of course save what you want to have, because you likely won't get it back from the Raffle. But if you have extra, let it circulate so other people can do things with it that you may not, like contests, or anything else they want. The Raffle isn't about getting more money, it's about moving the money around.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

. . .

Nah, I'm too parsimonious. If they want their own money, they can go toil for it :x

Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

Seriously, go get some money if you want/need it, you shouldn't rely on the raffle for money.... You could go out and post.....
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Did someone say that wasn't an option?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I emerge victorious :)
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thank you everyone, the latest jackpot was the largest we’ve had in over a year! Keep it up!

Edit:

And actually, I believe that jackpot was affected by the Team Phoenix Christmas Raffle, so under regular Raffle conditions this is actually the best turnout since all the way back in 2009! And the reason it was so high then was because 12-20 people were entering due to the higher activity rate. So in reality, this was the biggest Raffle in modern ToO history!
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

I actually only enter when there is more than one or two people, because there is a better return on my investment. I don't usually bother to risk $10 for only a 100% return. I still remember when I won $110 back in January 2013. That was sweet.
I suspect other people think the same thing, and so if I bought a ticket as well as bookworm, it might stimulate things a lot.
~ Walker in Dreams
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

I enter when I remember (which is about ever other week, or so).
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

PSA rebroadcast in response to recent lull in Raffle participation.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Yeah I do this every one in a while, and I usually win :P I did know about it, and for lack of anything better to do with my worlds of cash *cough* I participated.
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

I had no idea this existed. =o And I fell into the snare of gambling.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

The raffle used to be controversial, then people forgot it existed.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

PSA rebroadcast in response to recent lull in Raffle participation.