Random Things That Remind You Of The ToO

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Amerigo Primero wrote:So, we killed Town Hall, and Soda Shoppe is killing us? Jesus said something about this...
To my knowledge, no one has ever purposely killed another board. It's just a natural flow of activity.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

It's technological capitalism. It's not intentional, it's just operational clout.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I saw this at a rummage sale.

I don't have a PS2, but I bought it anyway because I couldn't shake the thought "Top would want me to get this." It was just a dollar anyway. I think it's a neat licensing item, it looks like it has pretty much all the main kaiju creatures. And if I eventually pick up a PS2 someday it sounds like a cool game to try out. But for now I genuinely just picked it up because of Top.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, Top and Godzilla are irrevocably linked in my mind as well! Fun find! :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Very nice purchase! \:D/ Definitely my favorite of the trilogy of Godzilla games that cropped up in that era. Godzilla Unleashed on the Wii had a better roster, but stinky Wii waggle controls kind of ruined it, and oddly Unleashed on the PS2 didn't add all the extra monsters the Wii had, so it was just a watered down version of this game.

The greatest Godzilla game of all time is still Godzilla: Monster of Monsters on the NES, though! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Walking between classes I passed an area where light rain had just fallen on brand new mulch and the scent was overwhelming. Extremely pungent, I've never smelled it that strongly before. As it blasted my nostrils I thought "Wow, this is a textbook example of petrichor." And that made me think of our Petrichor.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was thinking of something for this thread the other day and now I can't remember what it was! :mad:

In the category of "Not Totally Random Things that Remind Me of the ToO" I think of Dr. Watson, Laura, and Bmuntz every day when I set my roster for the ToO Hockey League, and they are not kind thoughts either, since I'm in third place behind Laura and Barry right now. :mope:
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I have even less kind thoughts since I AM IN LAST! :x :x :x
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The professor in my operating systems class was talking about the Linux program 'top' which shows information about resource usage and he said the phrase "Top is awesome!" to which I found myself immediately replying in my head "Yes he is." :lol:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, that's great! Top is indeed awesome! \:D/

*starts to wonder if Top is secretly bookworm's professor* :shock:

BUMP:

I saw a Ronald Regaan quote today and was explaining to somebody ( a young somebody) who Ronald Reagan was, and thought of Top and Continental Admiral and how I thought CA was a guy at first because of her Ronald Reagan avatar.

It was this quote, if anyone is curious: "Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

A girl in one of my classes this term reminds me of Shennifer. There's a fair resemblance, which is all that made me think it at first, but then I found out that bizarrely she even has the same name! (Just first name. If it was the exact name that would be too weird.)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that is odd! :mad: The exact same name would definitely move it from odd to downright uncanny. ;)
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

This was randomly sitting out in my apartment building :blah:, and it reminded me of the ToO spam emoji.

:eatspam:
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, I haven't seen that one used in a while! :lol: What a funny connection.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Jaxon from the FBE/the React channel on YouTube reminds me of Woody. And I really can't give you an exact reason why. =P xD

(He used to be on Kids React now he is on Teens React.)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Today I was picking up flowers I had ordered for my mom for Mother's Day, and the employee asked my name, which I gave, and she repeated back, "Wooton?" Without saying my name (which a few people know anyway) it really does not sound at all like Wooton! I almost asked if she was an AIO fan - what an unusual name to guess! :mad: I right away thought, "Only people on the ToO would really appreciate this story."
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I was just reading Nathan W. Pyle's Facebook page and I came across a comment that said "I just got my Top Fan badge!" Obviously it made me think of Top and how we are all big fans!
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Are we really all big Top fans? ;)

I was driving today and as I pulled up to a stop sign, there was a guy jogging who crossed the street in front of me who reminded me of Shadowpaw! Fun! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Maybe it was him! Now that he's a world traveler you never know where he's going to be!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw the same guy jogging again the other day and could almost believe it was true. ;) I think he's headed places a little more exotic, but hey, who knows? ;)