Welcome/Goodbye

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Welcome again, coffeeappreciation! You sound like you keep busy with a wide variety of activities. It's awesome that you can play the ukulele - like Eugene! \:D/
coreydwillis
Lurker

Post by coreydwillis »

Emily Witt wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:43 am
Rachael wrote:What's so evil about it? ;-)

And btw, I do vaguely remember you from the TH. What took you so long to make it over here?
Everything. \:D/

I left TH for a while, when I came back... it was gone. So I came here. It's not that I didn't want to join this board, I just didn't know it existed until a couple weeks ago, really. :)

Oh, and by the way... is Corey Willis still around in some form?
I'm here now. Is 15 years too long to wait for a reply? :lol:

My current "form" moved from California to Colorado so now I've visited the Focus on the Family Visitor Center, which would have exploded my brain back in the day. :p

I'm 99.9% this question was about me. I used to me very active in the early to mid 2000s on many different AIO fansites (and even had a very terrible and short lived fansite that was linked to from AIO HQ called Whit's Safe) and messages boards and your name seems vaguely familiar to me.

Are there old archives available of the old message boards so I could look up to see if I could find my old conversations on there. I'm sure it would jog my memory.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Unfortunately, you came too late for there to be a reliable Town Hall archive. It dropped some time back, in the midst of all of the server trouble, and I haven't heard any word about bringing it back. The best we have is probably Archive.org, but I'm sure you know that while they offer a great resource, their coverage is often spotty. However, between their archive of the original site and their archive of the Soda Fountain archive, maybe you'll find something:
Archive of original Town Hall

Archive of Soda Fountain archive

This is the one archive page I found for "Whit's Safe". Time hasn't been kind.

Old Town Hall, c. 2001 (This one does have a few posts from a 'Corey'; that could be you. I don't know if they're saved, though.)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Welcome here, Corey! You are clearly a long-time fan. :yes:
coreydwillis
Lurker

Post by coreydwillis »

@Bob Wow! Thanks for all the links! I had found the scattered remnants of my website, but I hadn't found the forum links. It's such a shame that more of the early internet wasn't preserved better, but who knew we'd care about any of this stuff years later. :lol:

@Catspaw Thanks!
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

\:D/ Wow.
I've tried to log in a handful of times the years and could never get anything to work. Guess all it took was a massive overhaul of the entire website.
The nostalgia is strong with this one.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hey Pirate Oriana, nice to see you! :D I'm glad you were able to log in.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Pirate Oriana, you bear the mark of the Randoms, but the initials are different. What handle did you use back in 2009?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

My original username was Oriana's Fire. As I recall there was a great pirate vs. ninja debate, which prompted the name change.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh, I totally forgot about that. When KODY asked I was really curious because sometimes I remember name changes but not this one!
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

I was always pretty (hyper) active in the Randoms, but I was more a lurker in the rest of the ToO. So, I've always assumed that most people either had no idea I existed or had only a vague idea of who I was. So I am in no way surprised that your brain didn't choose to allocate the space to store that particular bit of information. :wink:

Edit: Also, after peering back into the past a bit, it looks like the name change probably happened in June of 2009, so I didn't have the original moniker for very long. :-
AMDG

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Okay, I won't be overly critical of myself about that then. ;) I'm often the one who did the name changes (upon request) so it's a little more likely that I will remember there was a change, but another admin could have done it, or it could just be that 2009 was a very long time ago. :mad:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I might have to take some short time away due to a situation. I will keep you guys posted.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for the heads up, Bren. Family always comes first.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

You're very welcome. I'm trying to adjust to things as she did end up passing last night.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

Oh-- so sorry for you and your family!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Thank you TDP, I am waiting to hear what the arrangements will be before I know when I'll be gone. Really hope it doesn't overlap the reunion in a few weeks.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm so sorry for your loss, bookworm.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Catspaw wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:22 pm I'm so sorry for your loss, bookworm.
:-k
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bren wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:26 pm
Catspaw wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:22 pm I'm so sorry for your loss, bookworm.
:-k
My goodness, I apologize Bren. I don't know what I was thinking when I typed his name instead of yours. My sincere condolences to you, Bren. :)