StrongNChrist

Memories are to treasure and to thank God for.
Dr. Watson
Am I a midbie yet?

Post by Dr. Watson »

Wow, this is very sad news. :( Her family will be in my prayers.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

The Kings Daughter wrote:^ amen to that.

I think SnC would have liked us all to remember this song, to read it a lot, to think of it frequently, yes, even to get it stuck in our heads. ;)
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name
That is my fav song^
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
swatcaptin
For the GMF!
For the GMF!

Post by swatcaptin »

Wait... She Died?!
Wha... When the heck did this happen!?!?!??!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
31899 wrote:Why does it hurt so much if I've never even met her in real life?

I know, I've really took this hard for a person I never met.
I've given this a fair amount of thought as well, as since Hope called me a few hours ago with the news I've been fighting a nearly overburderning mix of shock and sadness. The best answer I can come up with is that the ToO environment, coupled with the faith we share, fosters these "relationships" we form on the site, even though most of us have never met these wonderful "friends". I doubt there are many forums out there that are comparable to this.

I didn't know her nearly as well as some of you, but the characteristic of hers I knew more than any other was her faith in Christ. For that I am truly thankful, and look forward to meeting her in person.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I'm still so numb, I can't imagine how hard this must be for the family.

Dear God, please be with Lisa's family and her boyfriend's family. They must be hurting so much right now. Please comfort them and give them peace at this time.
Amen
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Steve
I love the \:D/ smiley

Post by Steve »

odysseyfan1 wrote:I can't believe this! I am absolutely shocked! I didn't know her that well, but we have been debating over spiritual stuff recently. I can't believe she's just gone! Oh, man, this is crazy. I'll certainly be praying for the family. :(

-- 26 Mar 2011 12:48 pm --

Can you guys believe that people are fighting over it?! http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s203 ... paign=Feed: Kobcom-AlbuquerqueMetro (KOB.com - Albuquerque Metro News) (Read the comments)
Sorry to quote from so far back.

Those people are idiots. I hate them. Be nice, you freaks.
P H Y S I C A L L Y | M A T U R E
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Although I didn't know StrongNChrist very well at the ToO, her username really did say it all. Her family and the families of those involved will be in my prayers.

Réquiem ætérnam dona eis, Dómine, et lux perpétua lúceat eis. Fidelium animae, per misericordiam Dei, requiescant in pace. Amen.
(Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and may the perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul and those of all the faithful departed, through the Mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen).
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I have nothing in words to say, so I recorded an improvisational guitar solo in honor of SNC.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Steve wrote:
odysseyfan1 wrote:I can't believe this! I am absolutely shocked! I didn't know her that well, but we have been debating over spiritual stuff recently. I can't believe she's just gone! Oh, man, this is crazy. I'll certainly be praying for the family. :(

Can you guys believe that people are fighting over it?! http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s203 ... paign=Feed: Kobcom-AlbuquerqueMetro (KOB.com - Albuquerque Metro News) (Read the comments)

Yes, StrongNChrist would want us to hate, definitely.

Some people react in anger to deaths caused in accidents. Obviously its not the way to go--but it is kind of understandable.
Steve

Post by Steve »

DanP740 wrote:I have nothing in words to say, so I recorded an improvisational guitar solo in honor of SNC.
I want you to do one for me when I'm gone.

What kind of guitar is that? A Yamaha?
P H Y S I C A L L Y | M A T U R E
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I didn't know Lisa well either, but what I knew of her is that her username echoed who she was as a person. Always kind, always positive, she was definitely an asset here. It is neat to get to know her through reading how she touched all of your lives. I hope peace comes soon to all her loved ones in the comfort that she is now at her father's side.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
SoccerLOTR
I'm as fancy as Penguin!

Post by SoccerLOTR »

DanP740 wrote:I have nothing in words to say, so I recorded an improvisational guitar solo in honor of SNC.
That's cool...she would have appreciated that.
swatcaptin wrote:Wait... She Died?!
Wha... When the heck did this happen!?!?!??!
Read the first page of this thread...it explains it all.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Steve wrote:
I want you to do one for me when I'm gone.

What kind of guitar is that? A Yamaha?
It's an Ibanez IJX40.

And I don't want to do one of those again for a long time...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I saw this a couple hours ago but didn’t respond. I had to have some time with God about it.
When I saw the announcement “forever remembered” the first thing that came to mind was the unthinkable, and it turns out the truth, but I told myself it couldn’t be that. It just couldn’t be.
My emotions are difficult to put into words.
I didn’t know her in real life, and I didn’t even know her here. I knew who she was, but never had a real conversation with her. Our only correspondence was through posts. I actually had the feeling she didn’t ‘like’ me very much because it seemed that we were almost always at odds about something, but that might have just been my perception. I know it was never a serious disagreement anyway because we always ‘made up’ eventually. I was planning to send her a pm in the near future and get to know her.
But despite our ‘disagreements’ and my generally not knowing her, I still saw her as a core member of this site and someone I would definitely miss if she wasn’t here.
After I read the announcement I had some quiet time with God just praying and thinking, and I almost cried. I didn’t, but I was very close. This is the nearest to loosing someone close I’ve been in a while. It’s just so sad. She was close to my age.
I know I’m in no position to grieve, at least compared to those who actually knew her, and especially her family, but I still feel the loss.
Truly though, God has a plan in this. We may never see it, but it is there. And I am touched to see how this terribly sad event has already had positive effects by causing people to reexamine their relationship with God. I know SnC is proud of that.
Over the Rainbow wrote:I just checked my Facebook to see if I could Lisa on there. When I logged in, the very first status update I saw was this:

"...Even though God's time may be different than ours...His is always right <3"
That’s God’s timing right there. That you would see that and share it.
Jonathan wrote:The best answer I can come up with is that the ToO environment, coupled with the faith we share, fosters these "relationships" we form on the site, even though most of us have never met these wonderful "friends". I doubt there are many forums out there that are comparable to this.
That’s exactly right.
I was trying to describe this forum to a friend once, and I realized it’s difficult to accurately put into words. I truly feel as though I know most of the people on here even though I have never really met any and probably never will. It is unlike anything I’ve experienced anywhere else on the internet. Everyone here is so close. It’s amazing.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

She still has her moderator powers and color. I think we should change her name color to something now.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Yeah, I just noticed that.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Guess Who!
The Council must persist

Post by Guess Who! »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Steve wrote:

Yes, StrongNChrist would want us to hate, definitely.

Some people react in anger to deaths caused in accidents. Obviously its not the way to go--but it is kind of understandable.

Sometimes it is because they are scared... they want to believe the world makes sense, that death happens for a reason only to those who deserve it, because then that means if THEY are careful drivers, or whatever, they'll always be safe. A story like this one is a reminder cars are dangerous, a reminder of our own mortality, and some people are truly frightened in the face of it, and respond by blaming the person who died for doing something avoidable that led to their death.

It's an attempt to make the world make sense again and make them feel better.... but it also hurts people, and they shouldn't do it. But... maybe if you consider these comments as coming from very scared people it might not hurt as much.
EMBEE
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I have been reading through this thread again, and I've got tears running down my cheeks. This morning during church we sang this song, and I got a little teary because it made me think of her and her new home.
Amazing Grace wrote:When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing God's grace
Than when we first begun
As sad as this is for us, this is the best thing that has ever happened to her.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Thanks EMBEE for posting that. SnC had actually said previously how much she liked Amazing Grace. And it's so true! She is with both her earthly father, and heavenly father now.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.

Return to “Memory Garden”