StrongNChrist

Memories are to treasure and to thank God for.
Taps
I'll catch up to Bren!

Post by Taps »

DanP740 wrote:In addition to wearing my black and blue hoodie for the last week and a half, this weekend I've had a piece of blue tape with "StrongNChrist" on it on the upper left arm of my hoodie.

And you gave her a guitar tribute :)
Bren
Former Mayor x1
Former Mayor x1

Post by Bren »

Here is the song I recorded. Some personal thoughts are on term 18 podcast.

ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

DanP740 wrote:I have nothing in words to say, so I recorded an improvisational guitar solo in honor of SNC.
I finally got around to watching this. Very nice Dan.
Was that Taps in the middle?
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I wrote her name inside a big heart on a peice of paper and taped it on my door. Every morning when I wake up, it reminds me to pray for all of the people who are hurting over her death. :)
*insert provocative quote here*
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

bookworm wrote:
DanP740 wrote:I have nothing in words to say, so I recorded an improvisational guitar solo in honor of SNC.
I finally got around to watching this. Very nice Dan.
Was that Taps in the middle?
Yes, that was Taps. I didn't even know how to play Taps on guitar until the day I made that.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
LJ Gibbs
Why am I even here?

Post by LJ Gibbs »

She still is beautiful. Now she's in a place of perfection with Christ. It hurts to know that she's gone because death is still the result of sin. But we dwell on her life and her example of serving others in the same way as Christ. Because it is truly the only hope that we have.

The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes.
God's reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree.
SoccerLOTR
I'm as fancy as Penguin!

Post by SoccerLOTR »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:I wrote her name inside a big heart on a peice of paper and taped it on my door. Every morning when I wake up, it reminds me to pray for all of the people who are hurting over her death. :)
That's a good idea.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Jessicado
The Council must persist

Post by Jessicado »

:cry:
I realized I never checked back in after my last post (two months ago) and figured I'd stop by...never thought I'd be faced with something like this. My thoughts and prayers to her family/friends (as well as Gilbert's) and to all of my fellow ToOers grieving right now.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

SnC had this Faction where she talked about her classes.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Everyone,

I have a message to pass on from Lisa's family. Her mom sent me the following message:
We would like to thank The ToO for the lovely flowers at Lisa's (SNC) service. They really touched our hearts. We shared at the service some of the comments made about Lisa from her friends on The ToO as well as had a display of other comments for others to see how much she was a part of your lives.

We are working at putting parts of the service - including the mentioned comments - up online and will let you know when they are available. The day before she died we had our computers stolen and so this is taking awhile as we have to go somewhere to use a borrowed computer. Hopefully we will have it finished before this weekend.

Again, we thank all her friends on the ToO for sharing Lisa's life and allowing her to be a part of theirs. All the comments that came through have meant a lot to us.
Black Ninja
I guess I'll stick around

Post by Black Ninja »

For those who don't remember me or know me - I'm SNC's brother
and on behalf of my family, we want to thank everyone for your generous words, thoughts and prayers.
Also thank you for the flowers - they were very appreciated.

Lisa (SNC) really enjoyed all you guys and loved the ToO she would constantly talk about you guys. Since many of you have were not able to come to the funeral, my Mom and I put together several parts of the funeral into slideshows with pictures and have uploaded (or will upload) them onto youtube.

Below is the links to our youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/user/InMemoryOfL ... ature=mhum

Once again thank you for all that you guys have done.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks so much for sharing, Black Ninja. :) It is very much appreciated!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Thanks Darrel, that was really, really appreciated. It made me cry and cry again, but I'm so happy for her.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem

Post by Sapphire »

Thanks for sharing this with us, Black Ninja. It was very touching.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

A song I heard again today that is a reminder...

(I don't know how good the sound quality is, since I haven't watched it)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
mdetective12
The Council must persist

Post by mdetective12 »

I know some of you may not like Hannah Montana/ Miley Cyrus but this song is I think is perfect for StrongNChrist

http://youtu.be/Ft_ZUHpvkaU
Last edited by mdetective12 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
~AC~
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw knows all

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Oh wow.

Oh...I really can't find the words to say. I never really 'knew' StrongNChrist/Lisa, but from what I have seen around the forum, she seems to be a most extraordinary, gentle, caring lady, who displayed her love for Christ in everything that she did and said. I will pray for all of you, whether you are still in mourning, or whether you have moved on to rejoice that she is now in Heaven, in the arms of God.

*HUGS TO EVERYONE*
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

She was my first donater
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Even though I joined after She went to be with the Lord, In reading through some of her old posts, I got the sense that she was a very kind, noble young lady, and truly Strong in Christ. I really wish I could have had the chance to get to know her.
Parakeet
I'm finally not a No0b

Post by Parakeet »

Oh, this makes me so sad. I never knew her, but i wish i had. Just reading all these comments made tears well up in my eyes. I'm happy she went to be with the Lord. It was so touching when I realized she had the same birthday as me, just a different year. I miss her though I've never met her, I'm praying although this happened six years ago. It will be amazing when I meet her someday. It's remarkable how many people she had impacted before this happened. At least we know she is safe in the arms of our Father.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.

Return to “Memory Garden”