I made a video about the Christian response to mask mandates

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

I made a video about the Christian response to mask mandates

Post by The Top Crusader »

I dunno what that there video editing is and I use way more pro wrestling references and images than necessary. \:D/ Now everyone watch it and start debating with each other like the good old days! \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:26 amI use way more pro wrestling references and images than necessary.
Nope, it was just the right amount. Honestly. :yes:

Good video conent, but be careful of the mic peaking if you make more. It doesn't bother me personally too much but I know the internet in general gets upset by it really easily and won't give a video a chance if it happens too much they just click off. I don't work with audio so I'm not sure if that's something you have to adjust while recording or if it can be cleaned in post production.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Thanks! Yeah, I notice it and it drives me crazy but I don’t have any idea how to fix it. :boohoo:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for sharing, Top! I agreed with a lot of what you had to say and the wrestling stuff was fine, despite my personal lack of interest. ;) You had a nice way of incorporating images and quotes etc. with what you were talking about.

If you're looking for feedback, since you mentioned possibly making more videos, I think something a little shorter might get more views. 18 minutes is pretty long. If you tighten up what you have to say into a shorter video, I think it may draw more people in who say, "Sure, I have five minutes to watch something from some random wrestling fan," versus me today thinking, "Okay, I'll watch all eighteen minutes, but only because I've known Top forever and I want to be able to post a full reply."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh that's a really good point Catspaw! My own thinking was 'It's Top, of course I'll watch this', but you're absolutely right a random viewer most likely isn't going to check out a 'let's talk' type video that's over 10 minutes long. I think I heard from some analytics gurus once that around 8 minutes tends to be the max consideration point, but that was a few years ago I wouldn't be surprised if it's even shorter these days as viewership habits evolve.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well, it started as 35-40 minutes, so there was already a lot of cuts. ;) But yeah I want to try to keep sub-10. to address the audio issue I've thought of just recording audio directly with a microphone into my computer instead of YELLING at an iPhone across the table, and instead of trying to sync it up, just... not appear on camera, which I think everyone including me would prefer. But that would mean more weird images I'd have to find to fill space. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, in that case, congrats on cutting the length in half already! I know it's hard when you have lots to say.

I actually liked the way we could see you part of the time, not just the other images. I thought it was a nice mix of seeing you talk and having the other images etc. that you added.