Best photo storage site

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Best photo storage site

Post by Bob »

I have a lot of photos stored on external hard drives, and I've been thinking about moving them to something that's a little more accessible. Does anyone have any experience picking out an image hosting place? Google Photos used to be good but is going to get worse, and anyway it wouldn't support anything after June 1, so it isn't a long-term solution. I'd prefer a service with an established history (that doesn't involve making dramatic, user-upending changes).
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have no answers but would love to see what other people say in this thread! Great thread topic, Bob. I've had this question in the back of my mind but never done anything about it.
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

I've been using Dropbox for a long time. Although it is more of a file hosting site, it works well for storing photos, too.
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's interesting. I have occasionally used Dropbox for work to send larger files (not recently) but never thought of it for photo storage.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

I hadn't preferred Dropbox before, and I admit thinking their prices were a little high, but on further evaluation, I think I have a good feeling about it. That's more than I can say for some of their rivals, so it's fair to say they have a big edge at this point. ;)