Listen to Wikipedia

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Listen to Wikipedia

Post by bookworm »

This website is very captivating: Listen to Wikipedia

Real time visualization of Wikipedia changes with different sounds for additions, subtractions, and new user registrations. The bubble sizes correspond to how much data was added or removed and the color denotes the type of user who made the edit. Scroll below the animation for a live feed showing what exactly you're hearing, and options for adjusting the data that gets processed.

Listen to the sound of Wikipedia's recent changes feed. Bells indicate additions and string plucks indicate subtractions. Pitch changes according to the size of the edit; the larger the edit, the deeper the note. Green circles show edits from unregistered contributors, and purple circles mark edits performed by automated bots. You may see announcements for new users as they join the site, punctuated by a string swell.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Who thinks of creating stuff like this? Very creative and kind of weird. ;)
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

This is quite neat! I just listened to it while doing a bunch of work and it was nice for background music. Relaxing and calming. Reminded me of wind chimes and hearing sounds in the distance outside. Thanks for sharing, bookworm! :D

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;