Super Nintendo World

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Super Nintendo World

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

When I clicked on this thread, I did not expect this to be the content! :lol: So fun! I love it! I didn't have time to watch the whole video but it looks awesome.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is so neat! I've never been a Nintendo fan (not that I dislike them at all, but I mean I don't have any real connection to any of their properties like some people do, and I really haven't played many of their titles, Mario and Zelda and the like just aren't my types of games) but I actually got a genuinely awestruck feeling seeing the game worlds brought to life like that. For people who are actually big Mario fans this must be the coolest thing ever!

As a park concept it's incredibly innovative too, being so interactive. I do wonder how well that all will work if it's really crowded, will everyone be able to get a turn to do what they want to do to collect all the things? But it's a very engaging idea.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

I am amazed. What struck me the most is when I realized that all of the background scenery were real-world objects. I think I assumed at first it was some kind of green screen. As it is, they look just like they do in the consoles, which says a lot about either the console's ability to render the world, or their ability to make materials so that the park looks like their game console worlds, or both.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, it's pretty great looking. I'm going to assume I never make it to this park in Japan but they are eventually (in the next few years I think) doing one in Florida so while I hate travel and crowds and Florida I might make my way there eventually.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You are definitely the target audience for this park, so I'm happy to hear that there's one coming a little closer to home! Now if they would only build one a little closer to my home.... ;)