Foods you've never eaten but want to try

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
KnittingFun14
Processing
Foods you've never eaten but want to try

Post by KnittingFun14 »

What are some foods you all have never eaten but want to try?
Some foods I'd like to try are:
1. Escargot
2. Oreos (I don't think I've had them.. :-k If I have, it's been a while)
3. Donuts
4. Soft pretzels! I want snubs to make me some \:D/
5. Popcorn balls
6. Caramel apples
7. Also can't forget the Wod-Fam-Choc-Sod!!

Sorry if there's already a topic like this. I tried looking but couldn't find anything. :anxious:
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I have never eaten sushi and I don't really want to, buuut I also want to try it just so people will stop telling me to try it. :-
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I would like to try Escargot as well! And maybe snake/tarantula? I tend to be someone who likes to pick the strange thing on the menu or try the weird local delicacy.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Poutine! It's been on my must try list ever since I first heard about it but it's not available anywhere near me. :(
I could try to make it myself maybe but I want to have the authentic stuff!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Danadelfos wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:47 am I would like to try Escargot as well! And maybe snake/tarantula? I tend to be someone who likes to pick the strange thing on the menu or try the weird local delicacy.
I couldn't think of anything that would fit the topic at first, but the mention of escargot caught my eye. It's something that I am not interested in paying for, but would like to try once to see what I think. I would not be at all interested in the snake or anything like that. =;
bookworm wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:27 pm Poutine! It's been on my must try list ever since I first heard about it but it's not available anywhere near me. :(
I could try to make it myself maybe but I want to have the authentic stuff!
May I recommend Montreal as a charming place to have authentic poutine? I'm not suggesting that you cross the border these days ;) but if you ever are in the area, it's a great place for poutine, as well as crepes!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Prior to my stepmoms passing, her and my dad were eating tilapia semi regularly. I kinda wanna try it but haven't gotten my confidence up to do it.
ImageImageImage
logos linked