Favorite Childhood Memories

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

Favorite Childhood Memories

Post by Bren »

While we are living in this very interesting time, I thought it might be fun to reflect on better times and share some our favorite memories from growing up. I'll start off with a Christmas memory.

When my dad and stepmom first got together, the second holiday we spent together was Christmas. She brought her 2 dogs down from Illinois. Among the Christmas decor, she brought an amazing train. Which she left to me before she passed in December.

Anyway, her and dad went all out that year on making it special. It wasn't so much that they spent lots of money, but the little things that made it special. I remember getting the dogs Christmas treats and we put the fake can snow on my bedroom window. However, the main event was a huge scavenger hunt for my presents. To this day I look back on that Christmas and think that if I ever have kids, I wanna do the hunt for them as well
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

What a great idea for a thread, Bren. Thanks for sharing such a personal memory with us. That sounds like a very special Christmas and I'm so glad you have the Christmas train to help you remember that time together.

I'm watching hockey right now, so I'm thinking of a hockey memory. I remember going to games with my dad growing up. Usually my dad would take my two siblings and me and we would go at least once and usually more per season. My mom isn't a big sports fan so she usually left the hockey games to my dad. I have lots of fun memories, including decorating my cheeks with temporary tattoos and cheering our team on to victory in a playoff game to win the series! (We lost in the finals, but hey, you can't win them all...) However, one of my favourite memories isn't really my memory. The story goes that when I was two years old my dad got a couple of free tickets from work. My sister was just a baby, and like I said, my mom doesn't care about hockey, so she sent my dad and I to the game and she stayed home with my baby sister. According to my dad, he sat me in my seat with some popcorn and I was happy the whole game! And thus began a beautiful Canadian love story - a girl and her hockey games. :inlove:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

That's an adorable story.
ImageImageImage
logos linked