2021 & Beyond

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

2021 & Beyond

Post by Bren »

As someone born in the early 1990s, I remember growing up with life being so simple. In the last year we have seen so many changes in our "normal". Unfortunately, I think it might be far from over. What changes do you see coming and do they scare you?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

What an interesting question to think about!

I've noticed it seems harder to get some books when I want to buy a physical copy. I mostly read physical books. I don't mind reading an ebook now and then, but I prefer a "real" book. I hope that physical books continue to be readily available and there isn't more of a push to have only ebook versions of books that previously would have been published. I wouldn't say that the thought scares me as much as potentially annoys me.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I don't know. But I do know one change I would like to see is more hope in Christ and revival, a renewing of our minds! \:D/
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I honestly think this may change the American church. The past year has definitely changed people's perceptions of the church and what it is supposed to stand for. I am hoping that perhaps this stokes a fire in believers to be bolder in sharing the gospel and more loving. I think it'll also weed out people who are only christians because it's convenient and costs them nothing. 2020 was like a giant magnifying glass and showed a lot of what people prioritized (myself included). It will be interesting to see what happens. And yes, it may be a little scary, but at the same time, I think believers who are pursuing Christ can shine even more brightly as things seem to get darker... If that makes any sense.