2021 New Years Resolutions

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

2021 New Years Resolutions

Post by Bren »

Has anyone made any new years resolutions?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Kind of. I don't usually make New Years resolutions. I did happen to start a new positive habit on January 1 that I resolve to continue, so I guess that could fit the category. ;)

I am determined to do my dishes every day. I'm trying to be more organized and I listened to an audio book called "How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind" by Dana K. White. I related to some of the struggles in keeping my house consistently neat, and the author's advice starts with doing your dishes every day. So that's what I'm trying. I don't have a dishwasher, but it's also just me, so it's not like I create big stacks of dishes every day...so I often would leave my few dishes for the next day, which would sometimes become more days, until it took more time to actually do them. I know some people are cringing. I always rinsed everything well - I just didn't finish the job and actually wash them. I've done it every day, and found that when I do them every day, it only takes a few minutes and I feel good about having them done. Baby steps. ;)
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I'm trying to get better at programming this year. I have a couple resolutions like making a mobile app and studying books.

On a bit of a side note, I think new years resolutions are sometimes hard to get right. If I put too much down I get overwhelmed and just give up. But if I don't make any then I end up wandering around quite a bit and feeling lost at times. I like Catspaw's "baby steps" I feel like that's where I need to start. :D
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's a cool resolution!

I can definitely relate to having big plans that fizzle. (I'll entirely clean my house and organize everything I own this month! Oh wait, that felt too hard so I did nothing...) ;) That's why I liked the idea of small daily commitments that build momentum. I hope you find the right balance for you, Danadelfos!
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Mine is to change my mindset. I think that is why new years resolutions have the reputation of getting forgotten and such. People don't change their mindsets, if they did that then they would be more apt to finishing what they agreed on.

ImageImageImageImage