The ToO Discord Server

Come one, Come all. Seriously.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yeah the discord slaps. I’m gonna stream some games on it later tonight.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Smaug the Dragon wrote:I feel like there's been several very valid points made here; I don't have much to add except that as someone who's rarely active at the same time as other people, the idea of being able to add my weird takes to everyone else's at 4am your time is appealing to me. Get on Discord babeee! \:D/
Please join. Thanks. O:)

And I agree, Discord has a lot of fun benefits. A big one is being able to see past messages. Others include, being able to stay connected for as long as time, being able to use smileys/emojis that actually show up, and being able to easily share images, and more. It's also nice having the voice feature for those that want to strike up a voice call.

IRC is very straight forward, and does what it was originally designed to do. I also like that IRC can be installed on whatever server you desire, which can make it more reliable and custom. Now, if only IRC could modernize itself to how people like to communicate nowadays, with some added features similar to Discord, that would be pretty great.

As for Discord being able to replace a forum.. I don't think so. The only reason why I think forums are dying is because people are using their phones way more for social media (and forums aren't always the most mobile friendly, they weren't built for mobile devices). Also, people seem to like MUCH simpler ways of communicating and like the instant messaging aspect you get with apps like Discord.

I will still frequent the IRC Odyssey Chat, so feel free to stop by there too. =)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

We are over 30 members already...
Come check it out.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

On the off chance people still use it, anybody have a link to the official ToO discord?

EDIT: Making this post made me realize the link was in the signature directly above...... #-o
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Whitty Whit wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:32 pm On the off chance people still use it, anybody have a link to the official ToO discord?

EDIT: Making this post made me realize the link was in the signature directly above...... #-o
Are ya getting old @Whitty Whit?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

No, my ToO birthday is set to 2015, so I'm only 6 years old, I swear!
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

A likely story. You are probably older than dirt.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member
Post by coffeeappreciation »

Discord is such a central hub now with my other hobbies/work etc, I think it's the new "message boards." I'd probably be more active there...
However I rly wish there was a message-boardy format to it. For nostalgia's sake.
Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you there! Thanks to everyone who helped hatch my dragon egg! :anxious:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I still check the discord at least once a week.
ImageImageImage
logos linked