ToO Fantasy Football: Year 10 Edition!

The cherished ToO tradition reaches its tenth year.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

That's true; perhaps I will talk him into an account!

For the sake of introductions, here is a photo of Presler (left) and I (right) excited to play fantasy football with you all. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Hi Presler!! :wave: Nice to meet you!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm finally making the live draft! I sort of did it from my phone last season, but tonight is the first time I'll have the connection and capability to fully participate through the whole thing!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

And very ironically for the first time I missed the draft after getting busy all day today and completely forgetting it until I got the email that it had ended.

And ended up with Aaron Rodgers?!?! We really did swap places.

Also welcome to the league Presler \:D/
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Would you believe it - finally able to do this and my power went out right in the middle! >_> (If anyone there was wondering why I suddenly dropped, that's what happened.)

Fortunately it was exactly at the point where I was going to start just going with the auto draft suggestion for the rest of the rounds anyway.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Woohoo!!! I am excited to reclaim the championship for the first time since 2013! \:D/ I have to say I did not expect that at all going into the weekend, I was expecting to have to settle for second.

Fun season, even though we couldn't chat on here about it. Anyone want to do the postseason contest we've done before?
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

As Laura mentioned . . .

Laura Ingalls is the ToO's 2020 Fantasy Football champion! \:D/

Final Standings (change from last year in parenthesis)
  1. (+1) Winoka Warriors (Laura Ingalls)
  2. (+5) Texas Staleys (Knight Fisher)
  3. (-1) Blitzing Bookworms (bookworm)
  4. (+4) Pack Is Back (Almanzo)
  5. (--) American Eagles (American Eagle)
  6. (+1) Ultimate Lucksters (Monty_Whittaker)
  7. (-3) Bench Coolers (E II)
  8. (NEW) In re Football (AE"s roommate Presler)
Despite the ToO being down for most of the season, this really was a remarkable season. The teams that made the playoffs did so very narrowly; only 3 games separated 1st place from 8th place during the regular season, and the playoffs weren't set until the final week.

Thanks for playing, everyone! I hope to see you all again next season!! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

NFL Playoff Challenge password: thetoo
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Congrats Laura you pulled that one out \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This was a great season. I've been keeping my weekly summary posts offline and will add them to the thread at some point, there were some pretty interesting events in how things unfolded.