ToO Fantasy Football: Year 10 Edition!

The cherished ToO tradition reaches its tenth year.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
ToO Fantasy Football: Year 10 Edition!

Post by American Eagle »

Welcome to our TENTH year of playing fantasy football! \:D/ I'm very late in creating this thread this year. Frankly, I considered skipping this season in light of the pandemic, civil rights movement, and uncertainty surrounding sports. However, ToO fantasy football is one of our longest-running traditions and it might be a nice break from a challenging year. So, if you haven't played before, feel free to be part of ToO history by playing with us!

History >> (History on ESPN, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)

(bookworm, care to update the infographic with your second championship?)

>> Click here to go to this year's league main office. <<

2020 Roll Call
  1. American Eagle - confirmed
  2. bookworm - confirmed
  3. Laura Ingalls - confirmed
  4. Almanzo - confirmed
  5. Knight Fisher - confirmed
  6. Eugene II - confirmed
  7. Monty_Whittaker - confirmed
  8. Presler (AE's roommate) - confirmed
  9. godisawesomeness99 - unconfirmed
  10. your name here - space available!
This year is open to anyone who wants to play. You simply need an ESPN account. One you have that, PM me or bookworm your email address and we'll let you in.

If you played last year and want to stay in the league, just post in this thread so we know you're in. \:D/

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the limited time between now and the start of the season (Sep 10), I am foregoing our typical draft date discussion and announcing the draft date right now. I know this may mean some cannot make it; my apologies! Please edit your pre-draft rankings and strategy to ensure that you get a great time.

Draft Date: Monday, September 7 at 9:00 PM ET
Last edited by American Eagle on Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Almanzo and I are in for this year! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Coming back, with a new team logo and nameee!
Resident JRPG nut
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I got you, Laura, Almanzo, and Monty! \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

As always \:D/ It's so weird to think we've been doing this for nearly half my life.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Welcome back, KF. \:D/ The 10 year thing is wild. In the past decade I've lived in like 8 places but kept the same fantasy football team the whole time.

E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I am back as well! 8th times the charm for winning the ship
I am confused
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Hi, EII. \:D/ Hopefully this is your year!

bookworm? GIA99?

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You know I'm in.

And you're not late, with no preseason happening this year I wasn't going to ping you about it until today and logged on to see you were already on top of it! :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

That's what I'm talking about. \:D/ Hi, bookworm.
Last edited by American Eagle on Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I have a message out to gia, but haven't been able to get in touch with him lately; do we need to arrange a backup player in case he doesn't respond in time? We need even teams right?
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Even teams would be preferable for me anyway, and I assume everyone else
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'll ping SWA and see if he'd be able to jump in.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Yeah, even numbered players is best; otherwise we have to deal with lots of bye weeks. If GIA, SWA, or another player doesn't show up, we're having an 8th player Weekend at Bernie's style.

E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I might be able to convince my brother to play if we cant find anyone else
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I also messaged Brad; he had mentioned to me a while back that he was considering playing this year.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

We have 8 players. \:D/ My roommate Presler has decided to play with us this year. He chose the team name "In re Football Maxius" (it's a law-related joke).

From this point forward, if GIA, SWA, Brad, or another player wants to join, they are still welcome! However, we will need to add players in pairs so that we maintain an even number of teams.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh, if I knew we were going outside the ToO I probably could have found someone too. I'm not overly thrilled about bringing in another non board member. Please understand I don't mean that in an unwelcoming way, I'm glad to have him playing, it just diminishes what's special about this league and sets it apart from a typical one, in my opinion, when we add someone the full group doesn't know. I look forward to getting to know him, at least through his play, though.

SWA emailed me back by the way. He has a lot of big things going on right now and wouldn't be able to be active his season but was willing to join in name just to give us that even membership if needed. I let him know someone else stepped in.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:Oh, if I knew we were going outside the ToO I probably could have found someone too. I'm not overly thrilled about bringing in another non board member. Please understand I don't mean that in an unwelcoming way, I'm glad to have him playing, it just diminishes what's special about this league and sets it apart from a typical one, in my opinion, when we add someone the full group doesn't know. I look forward to getting to know him, at least through his play, though.
Thanks for sharing your concern. Finding an 8th player has been a struggle in several of our seasons and still we have persisted. Plus, Almanzo proves that we can expand from our core and still maintain the community that makes us great. (Almanzo has no ToO account, and the full group does not know him, and yet he's an important part of ToO Fantasy Football history.)
bookworm wrote:SWA emailed me back by the way. He has a lot of big things going on right now and wouldn't be able to be active his season but was willing to join in name just to give us that even membership if needed. I let him know someone else stepped in.
Thanks for checking with him and giving him/us an update.

Reminder:
The Draft Begins at 9:00 PM EST Tonight!

Hopefully see you all there! \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:Almanzo has no ToO account, and the full group does not know him
Indeed, and that's why I said "another" non board member; I wasn't keen on his joining either back when it happened.

I don't actually take issue with this, it's just not preferable. We should keep the ToO Fantasy League to the ToO as much as possible, in my opinion. But a member's spouse and roommate are reasonable enough connections; it's not like we're inviting random classmates or coworkers just for the heck of it.

And if they make a forum account then this all becomes moot. \:D/