Novacom vs. Neuralink (Mind Control)

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Novacom vs. Neuralink (Mind Control)

Post by A2Z »

We all remember Novacom. The company that made a device that was capable of reading human brain waves and convert them into radio waves. Right? It was kind of a crazy idea. Just think about it, and it happens.

Well... It appears that a couple days ago Elon Musk unveiled what he claims will be the link between humans and computers. (Sound familiar??)

Neuralink

They even both start with an N

What are your thoughts?
Last edited by A2Z on Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My brother was just telling me about this! He immediately compared it to Novacom as well. It sounds like the stated goal might be similar - helping people with disabilities etc. I hope/assume that Elon Musk doesn't have Novacom-esque goals in mind with this idea. ;)
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

Paul McCusker predicted it all!

I just did a little brief independent research on Neuralink. Yikes. This is so eerily like Novacom. They've been testing the brain chips (better known as BCI: "brain-computer interfaces") on animals but this year are allegedly going to start testing the BCIs on humans soon. This company claims to have the same goal as Eugene & the original researching team had for their radio wave study. I had a huge flashback to the scene with Duncan Matthis in Exceptional Circumstances where he talked about the technology. Yes, I went back and transcribed the dialogue.
Duncan Matthis wrote:He believed — we all believed — this could be the greatest advancement for the handicapped in our lifetime! Imagine converting brain waves to radio waves so that people like me could manipulate machines just by thinking about it. And then we had our breakthrough! I moved the computer cursor. [...] I remember it like it was yesterday. It moved about a corner of an inch to the right. But that was about a corner of an inch more than anyone had ever moved it before. Eugene and the team were beside themselves. What a day! Then the next day, I moved the cursor even further down the screen and typed the letter 'Q'. The day after that, I typed my name all by thinking about it. It was incredible. But it ended there.
Maybe I just have trust issues, but I can't think of a single big company off the top of my head that I trust. And Neuralink sounds scarier than most big companies because they want to implant chips into the brains of people. There is so much room for abuse and manipulation.

Also, my username is very timely with this thread. :lol:
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

Catspaw wrote:My brother was just telling me about this! He immediately compared it to Novacom as well. It sounds like the stated goal might be similar - helping people with disabilities etc. I hope/assume that Elon Musk doesn't have Novacom-esque goals in mind with this idea. ;)
There goals are pretty similar. :? Let's just hope that they don't want to take over the world.
Monica Stone wrote:Paul McCusker predicted it all!

I just did a little brief independent research on Neuralink. Yikes. This is so eerily like Novacom. They've been testing the brain chips (better known as BCI: "brain-computer interfaces") on animals but this year are allegedly going to start testing the BCIs on humans soon. This company claims to have the same goal as Eugene & the original researching team had for their radio wave study. I had a huge flashback to the scene with Duncan Matthis in Exceptional Circumstances where he talked about the technology. Yes, I went back and transcribed the dialogue.
Duncan Matthis wrote:He believed — we all believed — this could be the greatest advancement for the handicapped in our lifetime! Imagine converting brain waves to radio waves so that people like me could manipulate machines just by thinking about it. And then we had our breakthrough! I moved the computer cursor. [...] I remember it like it was yesterday. It moved about a corner of an inch to the right. But that was about a corner of an inch more than anyone had ever moved it before. Eugene and the team were beside themselves. What a day! Then the next day, I moved the cursor even further down the screen and typed the letter 'Q'. The day after that, I typed my name all by thinking about it. It was incredible. But it ended there.
Maybe I just have trust issues, but I can't think of a single big company off the top of my head that I trust. And Neuralink sounds scarier than most big companies because they want to implant chips into the brains of people. There is so much room for abuse and manipulation.

Also, my username is very timely with this thread. :lol:
I agree. There is a lot of room for abuse. As for your username: How many computor disks did you run off with by now? Just kidding :lol:
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

A2Z wrote:As for your username: How many computor disks did you run off with by now? Just kidding :lol:
I had to run into Whittaker's car at the post office to get the disc of utmost importance to our operation. Still need to check the contents of the package but it should be there.
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

It's there. Don't worry.