ToOer MLB Showdown Series 2020!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

ToOer MLB Showdown Series 2020!

Post by bookworm »

Image ImageImageImageToOer MLB Teams Series 2020ImageImage

ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

After covid-caused delays and rearrangements baseball is finally about to start so it's time to prepare for one of my favorite things: ToOer team matchup live chats! These are so much fun to do and I'm looking forward to it possibly more this season than any other because it will bring a comforting familiarity to these crazy times.

As usual our event schedule will be based on the list of games where my team (the Giants) face any of the other ToOer teams. If you're a baseball fan too and aren't on the list let me know who you root for and I'll add it! \:D/ Unfortunately as a result of limiting team travel this season we don't get a wide variety of matchups this year, but we'll make do with what there is!

The chats take place in the #MLB channel in the Chatroom. These are good natured 'rivalry' events, all in fun. It really adds something extra to the games, having a fan rooting on each side. They are very fun for the people whose teams are playing, and it has seemed to be enjoyable also for those who don't have a personal interest in the game but just come to hang out because it's a ToO related event. Whichever group you're in you are invited to come by! :)

The 2020 series of interest are listed below in calendar order. The specific games that viewing parties will be held for are yet to be determined, but I'm hoping we can do as many as possible to make the most of this very abbreviated season.

VS Belle (Rockies)
ImageImage Image
  • August 3rd
  • August 4th
  • August 5th
  • August 6th

VS Penguin & Kaida (Astros)
ImageImage Image
  • August 10th
  • August 11th
  • August 12th

VS Belle (Rockies)
ImageImage Image
  • September 1st
  • September 2nd

VS Belle (Rockies)
ImageImage Image
  • September 21st
  • September 22nd
  • September 23rd
  • September 24th

VS Tsukuyomi (Blue Jays)
Image Not scheduled this season. :(

VS shnoodlec (Braves)

VS Knight Fisher (Cubs)

VS Samantha14 (Nationals)

VS 321tumbler (Phillies)

VS Jehoshaphat (Twins)

Past MLB Showdowns: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The super division schedule makes sense but is a shame.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We weren't able to arrange any chats until now unfortunately, but we're making the most of the final series and planning to have viewing parties for at least three of the four games! \:D/

ImageImage Image
  • Rockies / Giants
  • Belle / bookworm
  • Series 3 of 3, Game 1 of 4
  • Monday, September 21st
  • 9:45 PM ET first pitch
ImageImage Image
  • Rockies / Giants
  • Belle / bookworm
  • Series 3 of 3, Game 2 of 4
  • Tuesday, September 22nd
ImageImage Image
  • Rockies / Giants
  • Belle / bookworm
  • Series 3 of 3, Game 3 of 4
  • Wednesday, September 23rd
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

I will definitely be there for the Tuesday game, and I hope to be there for Monday and Wednesday as well!
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yep, for anyone wanting to come hang out game two will be the main event where we're definitely both watching and chatting. We'll be doing the others as well as much as we're able to but depending on the night one or the other of us may be in and out of attention at times.