Biggest Fears

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

Biggest Fears

Post by Bren »

What are some of the bigger things that scare you? For me, it's currently debt. I've seen it be a big issue for my mom and dad as I was growing up and I prefer to avoid it when possible. But, I just read the insurance claim on one of two ER visits and it made my jaw drop, and I still have another claim pending. This is why I wanna be able to buy a used car outright instead of a monthly payment.

What has you scared?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Just interjecting for the sake of maintaining organization, since no one else has responded yet, to preemptively remind people of the existence of the phobias thread if they want to post about those types of fears, since it seems like this one is more about life concerns which is a different subject; a good one which I want to allow being kept on topic in this thread.

Debt is definitely one of mine as well; I don't know that young people today think about it as seriously as they should.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Spiders
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I think climate change is terrifying. And a close second would have to be how easy it is for us to become so insulated in our man-made societies that we forget/ignore/dismiss how terrifying climate change is.

Also spiders.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

bookworm wrote:I don't know that young people today think about it as seriously as they should.
I know they don't. And they don't start thinking about it until its far too late and after some bad money habits have already been established.

The Top Crusader wrote:Spiders
Stay away from Australia mate. But for the record Huntsman spiders are pretty much harmless in regards to people. But still.
Last edited by Jonathan on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I would say the continued polarisation of people's political views is cause for concern, as well as how our behaviour on social media platforms is contributing towards that polarisation.
jelly wrote:I think climate change is terrifying. And a close second would have to be how easy it is for us to become so insulated in our man-made societies that we forget/ignore/dismiss how terrifying climate change is.
This too!
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

Smaug the Dragon wrote:I would say the continued polarisation of people's political views is cause for concern, as well as how our behaviour on social media platforms is contributing towards that polarisation.
Absolutely spot on. I've been thinking about this a lot lately.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

MonkeyDude wrote:
Smaug the Dragon wrote:I would say the continued polarisation of people's political views is cause for concern, as well as how our behaviour on social media platforms is contributing towards that polarisation.
Absolutely spot on. I've been thinking about this a lot lately.
As someone who manages a store on Lake St in Minneapolis, I have been thinking about this a lot too in the last five weeks.
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

Space Monsters

(seriously?)