Got Milk?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

Got Milk?

Post by Bren »

So, I used to be a big 2% milk drinker in my childhood and teenage years. Since I have my own place I don't buy it much now. However, I do tend to drink flavored mill at work. Usually chocolate, strawberry, or chocolate ,alt. I HATE buttermilk with a passion. If you are a milk drinker, what's your go to?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

2% from Walmart.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I love milk! I generally drink 2% but I prefer whole milk. I use it in lattes, and that's mostly how I drink it. But I also love milk with desserts as well!
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

While I absolutely love whole milk and 2%, my heart belongs to chocolate milk. And occasional strawberry. The only problem is I'm a little bit lactose intolerant but it's the price that must be paid.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Ooh, yes. I forgot I just had this great cherry cordial milk! I'm definitely a fan!
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Who shot Alexander Hamilton!? :x

Not really a milk drinker. Used to occasionally have a jug of skim milk in the fridge that always ended up going bad before most of it was used.

Lactose intolerant child in the house now, and the doc says that soy is the best alternative, rather than almond or lactose free or whatever. So we have some of that on hand, but no one else uses it. It does consistently get used now, and even better soy (as well as almond, but we have no reason to buy that) keeps a fair bit longer than regular dairy milk, so that's a plus. \:D/ Occasionally a carton will get shoved to the back of the fridge and go bad, but at least its rare.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

i really don't get how people can just drink milk regularly...like that :anxious:

but i use full/whole milk for coffee, cereal, etc \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

I grew up having milk with every single meal as a child. We used to use 2% and then switched to skim at some point when I was still quite young. With that said, I am really not a fan of milk. Like, not even on cereal. If I'm going to drink it, it needs to be ice-cold skim, fresh out of the fridge. Or half chocolate/half skim.

I'll use soy milk for cooking and baking and stuff, but I'd prefer not to drink it. I used to like a bit of almond milk creamer in my coffee, but I'm a little bit allergic to tree nuts, so it doesn't really sit well with me.

I can't honestly say I've ever had strawberry milk, but even just the idea of it makes me gag. :sick:
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Danadelfos wrote:Ooh, yes. I forgot I just had this great cherry cordial milk! I'm definitely a fan!
I want to know more about this! Did you buy it like that? Make it yourself? I must have details, because it sounds amazing!

I love milk. I live alone and buy 4L jugs of milk and almost never have milk go bad. I relate to what ByeByeBrownie said - as a kid, we always had milk for supper. The rule was that we had to drink one glass at supper. I think my parents just wanted to make sure we got our calcium in. Now I drink it on my own every day at supper (and lunch too, if I'm home). My dad grew up in a city and loves milk and my mom was raised on a dairy farm and almost never drinks milk as an adult. :lol:

I often take milk with me for my morning commute. I almost never take plain white milk. I will do chocolate milk, sometimes with Turtle syrup in it, or banana milk. I remember being able to get banana syrup in the store right next to chocolate and strawberry syrup in the grocery store as a kid, but these days I buy banana milkshake powder from Amazon and it ships from the UK. I haven't found any other way to get it.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Catspaw wrote:
Danadelfos wrote:Ooh, yes. I forgot I just had this great cherry cordial milk! I'm definitely a fan!
I want to know more about this! Did you buy it like that? Make it yourself? I must have details, because it sounds amazing!
Yay! Another milk fan! \:D/

This is the one! https://www.kroger.com/p/private-select ... 1111001663 I don't know if there are Kroger stores in Canada. :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Danadelfos wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Yay! Another milk fan! \:D/

This is the one! https://www.kroger.com/p/private-select ... 1111001663 I don't know if there are Kroger stores in Canada. :anxious:
Yay milk!

That looks so yummy. There aren't any Krogers in Canada that I am aware of. With the current border/COVID situation, I don't know if I'll be in the States at all this year, but if I do go across the line, I'll have to look. I don't think there are any Krogers near me in the States either, but I could be wrong.