Coffee Drinkers Unite

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

How do you drink your coffee?

Black
21%
With Cream & Sugar
27%
Black with Sugar
12%
With Cream
21%
Coffee? Yuk
18%

Total votes: 33

Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Petrichor wrote:
Danadelfos wrote:I do pretty much go to bed every night with tea. I'm really into peach tea and sleepytime tea right now.
I love peach tea! Chamomile tea isn't my favorite, so I don't really drink the original flavor, but I love Sleepytime mint tea.

Veering back to the subject of coffee... I think I just have really bad taste in coffee, because people will tell me some coffee tastes amazing and I'm not really into it. Bring on the burned bean water! \:D/ I have been trying pour over recently, which is fun, but I can't say it tastes significantly different than the stuff I make with Mr. Coffee.
I'll have to try the sleepytime mint tea! I didn't realize that was one of the Sleepytime flavors. I really like their Peppermint Peak flavor that has both black tea and peppermint. It tastes really bold and yet fresh with the peppermint.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Danadelfos wrote:I'll have to try the sleepytime mint tea! I didn't realize that was one of the Sleepytime flavors. I really like their Peppermint Peak flavor that has both black tea and peppermint. It tastes really bold and yet fresh with the peppermint.
I haven't tried Peppermint Peak! My all-time favorite is their Candy Cane Lane flavor--it's a really nice, smooth mint blend. Alas, it is only available at Christmastime, and it's hard to find sometimes. I also love the Starbucks peppermint mocha flavored coffee, but again, only available at Christmas and sometimes rather difficult to find. Ah, the curse of seasonal drinks. :(

Speaking of such things, I am not a fan of the whole pumpkin spice thing. We need to skip it and go straight to peppermint flavors.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

EK wrote:Iced coffee is just a cold americano. ;)
I don't drink those, they're just cold coffee. I'm referring to the things with syrups and such.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Hmmm I'd still categorize them as coffee, they're mostly coffee I assume.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

They can be, yeah. It depends what the drink is and where it's from. So I tend to say "I only drink iced coffee" when someone asks because that maintains accuracy however they choose to interpret it.

The point is I'm not a coffee drinker in what that is generally understood to mean: someone who has to have a hot cup every morning.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Yeah, I get a headache if I don't have coffee in the morning, so I'd say you're better off not getting in the habit. ;) It is kind of nice to have a ritual to start the day, though.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Petrichor wrote:
Danadelfos wrote:I'll have to try the sleepytime mint tea! I didn't realize that was one of the Sleepytime flavors. I really like their Peppermint Peak flavor that has both black tea and peppermint. It tastes really bold and yet fresh with the peppermint.
I haven't tried Peppermint Peak! My all-time favorite is their Candy Cane Lane flavor--it's a really nice, smooth mint blend. Alas, it is only available at Christmastime, and it's hard to find sometimes. I also love the Starbucks peppermint mocha flavored coffee, but again, only available at Christmas and sometimes rather difficult to find. Ah, the curse of seasonal drinks. :(

Speaking of such things, I am not a fan of the whole pumpkin spice thing. We need to skip it and go straight to peppermint flavors.
I've found I can still get the Peppermint mocha from Starbucks year round. At least I have gotten it year round. :-k it's just not officially on the menu.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Danadelfos wrote:
Petrichor wrote: I haven't tried Peppermint Peak! My all-time favorite is their Candy Cane Lane flavor--it's a really nice, smooth mint blend. Alas, it is only available at Christmastime, and it's hard to find sometimes. I also love the Starbucks peppermint mocha flavored coffee, but again, only available at Christmas and sometimes rather difficult to find. Ah, the curse of seasonal drinks. :(

I've found I can still get the Peppermint mocha from Starbucks year round. At least I have gotten it year round. :-k it's just not officially on the menu.
Oh, I meant just the flavored ground coffee they sell in the grocery store. I don't really buy drinks from Starbucks very often, although that does sound good... I prefer the local cuisine from Wawa. \:D/ They have all kinds of blended coffee drinks, and it's relatively inexpensive compared to places like Starbucks (although, of course, still much pricier than a plain cup of coffee).
Last edited by Petrichor on Sat May 16, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Petrichor wrote:
Danadelfos wrote:
Petrichor wrote:
Danadelfos wrote: I haven't tried Peppermint Peak! My all-time favorite is their Candy Cane Lane flavor--it's a really nice, smooth mint blend. Alas, it is only available at Christmastime, and it's hard to find sometimes. I also love the Starbucks peppermint mocha flavored coffee, but again, only available at Christmas and sometimes rather difficult to find. Ah, the curse of seasonal drinks. :(

Oh, I meant just the flavored ground coffee they sell in the grocery store. I don't really buy drinks from Starbucks very often, although that does sound good... I prefer the local cuisine from Wawa. \:D/ They have all kinds of blended coffee drinks, and it's relatively inexpensive compared to places like Starbucks (although, of course, still much pricier than a plain cup of coffee).
Yeah, I know. They're so expensive. :( I pretty much only buy cups of drip coffee from them. Unless of course I have enough stars for anything. \:D/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I don't drink coffee. Hot coffee is okay. Though, I've only ever had the cheap stuff. I like iced coffee more than hot coffee, but I rarely ever drink it. You could say I like coffee flavor more than actual coffee, if that makes sense. =P Such as coffee/mocha flavored ice cream, \:D/ and I like frappé's as well.

Caffeine doesn't do well with me, so I like to avoid it. :boohoo: Plus, I really just love WATER. \:D/ 95% of my beverage intake is water and I don't usually think about drinking anything else.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

I'm addicted. I can drink a whole pot and more. But, it has to have creamer in it.

ImageImageImageImage
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bren wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I see I am the only non-coffee drinker so far. No need for my fellow non-coffee fans to hide - come join the revolution! \:D/ My father tells people that he still isn't old enough to drink coffee, so clearly I can't possibly be old enough either. :noway: Also, it does not taste good.
Are you accusing us of underage drinking? :shock:
Haha, I guess so! :lol:
Laura Ingalls wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I see I am the only non-coffee drinker so far. No need for my fellow non-coffee fans to hide - come join the revolution! \:D/ My father tells people that he still isn't old enough to drink coffee, so clearly I can't possibly be old enough either. :noway: Also, it does not taste good.
Yay!!! A sane person! \:D/
Coffee tastes and smells like burnt grossness, therefore I refuse to consume it.
*high fives Catspaw*
:highfive: I should have known that Laura would be my kindred spirit!

For those discussing tea instead of coffee...I refuse to drink tea as well. :noway:
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Catspaw wrote:For those discussing tea instead of coffee...I refuse to drink tea as well. :noway:
Please tell me you don't drink hot water from the microwave like my boss. :shock:
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Catspaw wrote:For those discussing tea instead of coffee...I refuse to drink tea as well. :noway:
:shock: Catspaw, no! Oh well..

I don't drink coffee, but I do drink tea. I don't drink tea very often though because I don't have a tea kettle and I don't feel fancy heating water up in the microwave or boiling it. :P I also get my caffeine intake from sodas instead of coffee. :wacky:
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

I don't drink a cup of coffee very regularly. I used to and so I would get headaches on days I wouldn't and then I only had coffee on mornings during the week before school and not on the weekends. I never got headaches on the weekends. Now I drink coffee every now and then. Not every day but when I feel like making some. So I don't get headaches anymore if I don't drink any. Like ek said, certain coffees are good black but not all. I usually only try to add creamer if I have to add something at all.

Last summer I was drinking a lot of iced coffee because Dunkins had a summer special and I have the cash app which provided discounts for any coffee place so I was getting iced coffee pretty cheap on the reg.

And as for tea... not my cup at all. I never liked tea. It's weakjuice. I don't like how it just tastes like hot leaf juice. That's a quote. It tastes like water with a bit of something which doesn't taste good to me. =\ BUUUUUT I DON'T GIVE UP. I'm always tasting tea in case there is one that I do end up liking. Oh and when I'm sick I make myself drink tea because it helps my throat a ton!
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Some days you just need coffee to survive. Today is that day. :yes:
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Petrichor wrote:
Please tell me you don't drink hot water from the microwave like my boss. :shock:
No, that does not sounds good either. At work I always have my water bottle with me, and at home I drink water and milk most of the time. I drink some pop, iced tea (the fake sugary kind, not the bad kind that tastes like real tea) ;) and juice, but not daily or even weekly sometimes.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

I used to drink a lot of lattes, but then I discovered my body rejects lactose. And at my first job, they had no creamer or dairy so I got used to drinking black. Nowadays I love a cup of pour-over coffee black. At my current office they have a nice espresso machine, so I have a lot of americanos.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

One of my favorite things is the world is people's SHOCK after they see me run around with kids/volunteer somewhere and they find out I DON'T do coffee and have what appears to be limitless energy \:D/

(*cough* I have a tea bag in my wallet for emergencies)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Termite wrote:One of my favorite things is the world is people's SHOCK after they see me run around with kids/volunteer somewhere and they find out I DON'T do coffee and have what appears to be limitless energy \:D/

(*cough* I have a tea bag in my wallet for emergencies)
What flavor of tea? \:D/