Coffee Drinkers Unite

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

How do you drink your coffee?

Black
21%
With Cream & Sugar
27%
Black with Sugar
12%
With Cream
21%
Coffee? Yuk
18%

Total votes: 33

Bren
Be positive!

Coffee Drinkers Unite

Post by Bren »

Do we have any coffee drinkers around these parts? I've found that I drink it more regularly with my keurig than when I kept my pot out because I don't drink a whole pot in a day. I can only drink it black if I add sugar. Though, usually I just add Great Value french vanilla creamer and I'm good to go.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
321tumbler
Tallying up

Post by 321tumbler »

When I first started drinking coffee, my mom made me drink it with half coffee and half milk so I used to do that with sugar. However, in the past couple years I've started to just drink it black and I have maybe half a mug. I occasionally add sugar, but normally without. We've always brewed half decaf and half caffeinated coffee (because my mom wants to drink two cups with only one cup's worth of caffeine), but in the past week we've stopped adding decaf. So now I'm trying to not drink as much as I used to because I have a tendency to go even crazier than I already am. :P
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

321tumbler wrote:When I first started drinking coffee, my mom made me drink it with half coffee and half milk so I used to do that with sugar. However, in the past couple years I've started to just drink it black and I have maybe half a mug. I occasionally add sugar, but normally without. We've always brewed half decaf and half caffeinated coffee (because my mom wants to drink two cups with only one cup's worth of caffeine), but in the past week we've stopped adding decaf. So now I'm trying to not drink as much as I used to because I have a tendency to go even crazier than I already am. :P
Black? #-o There goes our friendship. :lol: Just never liked the taste of plain black.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

If I drink very much coffee at all it tends to make me anxious and jittery, so I prefer to avoid it except when I actually want to stay up, have a ways to go, and am having trouble doing so, which is a pretty rare set of circumstances. I'm capable of drinking it any way, but I prefer enough dairy and/or sweetening substances that it doesn't look or taste very much like coffee.

Tea is better.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

It all depends on the kind of coffee. If it's just plain generic stuff, it tends not to be that great on its own, but if it's the good stuff (I can make recommendations if you want!), you really don't need anything in it. Office coffee tends to be quite blah, so I like to spice it up with flavored creamers. I've really enjoyed the new ones Starbucks has been putting out.
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I generally make lattes. But I'll also drink coffee with milk. I quit putting sugar in it awhile back, I think the milk/cream generally adds enough sugar.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
jdsutter
Lurker

Post by jdsutter »

Where is the "all of the above" option? 'Cause I'll take it any way possible if it's offered. Love my coffee!

Edit: After I posted this I saw that you can select more than one option.
Audio Theatre Central Podcast
"Exploring Family Friendly Audio Drama"
http://www.AudioTheatreCentral.com
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Usually I stick to black but on some mornings I'll add cream and sugar. I also like iced coffee more than hot coffee most of time. When I have iced I will have it with cream and sugar.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
jdsutter
Lurker

Post by jdsutter »

Has anyone tried the dalgona coffee that has been going around the internet lately? It's so good!
Attachments
Dalgona coffee
Dalgona coffee
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Coffee Lovers.JPG
Coffee Lovers.JPG (20.74 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
Guilty. :anxious: I like my coffee with cream and sugar, but I would rather drink it without sugar than without cream. I think black coffee with sugar is gross, so if there's no cream, I just drink it black.
jdsutter wrote:Has anyone tried the dalgona coffee that has been going around the internet lately? It's so good!
I've tried Dalgona coffee! Although weirdly, I somehow managed to find a recipe for it about a month before the internet at large discovered it. The lady who made it just called it whipped coffee cream. Anyways, it's super tasty, but also gives you a major hit of caffeine, so I try to limit myself to once every couple of weeks with that.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

I haaaave. Not my absolute favorite way to have coffee but I did like it.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I see I am the only non-coffee drinker so far. No need for my fellow non-coffee fans to hide - come join the revolution! \:D/ My father tells people that he still isn't old enough to drink coffee, so clearly I can't possibly be old enough either. :noway: Also, it does not taste good.
jdsutter
Lurker

Post by jdsutter »

Kaida wrote:I haaaave. Not my absolute favorite way to have coffee but I did like it.
Agreed. It's not how I'd want to drink it every day. But on occasion it's a delight!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Catspaw wrote:I see I am the only non-coffee drinker so far. No need for my fellow non-coffee fans to hide - come join the revolution! \:D/ My father tells people that he still isn't old enough to drink coffee, so clearly I can't possibly be old enough either. :noway: Also, it does not taste good.
Are you accusing us of underage drinking? :shock:
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Catspaw wrote:I see I am the only non-coffee drinker so far. No need for my fellow non-coffee fans to hide - come join the revolution! \:D/ My father tells people that he still isn't old enough to drink coffee, so clearly I can't possibly be old enough either. :noway: Also, it does not taste good.
Yay!!! A sane person! \:D/
Coffee tastes and smells like burnt grossness, therefore I refuse to consume it.
*high fives Catspaw*
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I drink all black coffee mainly. It's all about your choice of beans through, if you get quality stuff it tastes great black... otherwise it's just bitter trash.

Tea is overall better though I will admit.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I do pretty much go to bed every night with tea. I'm really into peach tea and sleepytime tea right now.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Danadelfos wrote:I do pretty much go to bed every night with tea. I'm really into peach tea and sleepytime tea right now.
I love peach tea! Chamomile tea isn't my favorite, so I don't really drink the original flavor, but I love Sleepytime mint tea.

Veering back to the subject of coffee... I think I just have really bad taste in coffee, because people will tell me some coffee tastes amazing and I'm not really into it. Bring on the burned bean water! \:D/ I have been trying pour over recently, which is fun, but I can't say it tastes significantly different than the stuff I make with Mr. Coffee.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I never started drinking coffee, and whenever I say that to someone they always say "Good for you! Don't!" so I probably won't. Have only ever tried two maybe three cups in my whole life. Didn't dislike it, but didn't feel a need to regularly consume it.

I do occasionally treat myself to an iced coffee, which I consider a different drink.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Iced coffee is just a cold americano. ;)