Quarantine Cooking!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Pengwin wrote:
Connie G. wrote:I have made 10 dozen cookies in less than a week. That is all.
You're making the IMPORTANT food!
I wish that I lived closer to Connie G! Yum! I should make cookies one day. That sounds amazing.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

well i've done a lot of cooking in quarantine, i used to cook a lot but honestly i'm just lazy and would eat at friends or make a few basic dishes like shrimp cream pasta or chili con carne and eat those for a few days :p

but now i've been doing some more cooking but after 2 months im getting bored and just want to overpay at a restaurant :(

but yesterday i made arepas and galinja stoba/stewed chicken from back home in the caribbean, and potato and tuna sald \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Made some cinnamon rolls last night! I tried a recipe for tangzhong cinnamon rolls last time, and while I didn't love the recipe, I liked how soft they were. So this time I just whipped up the tangzhong part of the other recipe and threw it into the dough of my preferred cinnamon rolls. I probably broke all sorts of baking rules, but they turned out great, so now I will be way overconfident in making alterations to recipes. \:D/
Cinnamon_Rolls.jpg
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

They look beautiful! Ooooh I want desserts now. First cookies then cinnamon rolls! :yum:
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Marvin D. wrote:but yesterday i made arepas and galinja stoba/stewed chicken from back home in the caribbean, and potato and tuna sald \:D/
Actually, it would be great if you could share some of the Caribbean food so we can expand our food horizons.

I also know I promised a green bean recipe. It is from Southern Living.
I pound green beans
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
0.5 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1 medium red bell pepper sliced about the same thickness as the beans
0.5 medium sweet onion sliced about the same thickness as the beans
1 teaspoon peanut or sesame oil
0.75 teaspoon garlic salt

1. cook green beans in boiling salted water covered for 1 minute. Drain and pat dry.
2. Stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper.
3, Saute bell pepper, onion, and green beans in the oil in a large skillet over high heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
4. Remove from heat. Add soy sauce mixture and stir to coat.
Another way to make veggies better is to cover them with yummy sauces. This sauce is original and takes some work but has a high yield. What you don't use right away you can freeze for later. It also tastes good as a sause or glaze on chicken or mushrooms.
A half head of garlic's worth of garlic cloves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. 33 cups brown sugar
1 cup sesame ginger dressing
0.33 cup water
0.25 and 1tablespoon soy sauce
1 6oz can pineapple juice
3 tablespoons lemon juice
pinch of paprika

1. Preheat oven to 325f
2. In enough tin foil to surround and tent, toss the garlic in olive oil and enclose.
3 Put the garlic in the oven for 1 hour.
4. Stir brown sugar, dressing, water, and soy sauce together in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
5. Mash garlic into a paste and add to sauce with a whisk.
6. Stir in pineapple juice and paprika.
7. Keep simmering for it to reduce for 45 mins.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I know it's not quarantine anymore, but I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm just so dang proud of this delicious cake my sister and I made from scratch. :inlove: (I tried putting it in a spoiler, but that shrank it down to a really tiny size for some reason. :-k )

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That looks so yummy! :yum: What kind of filling is that, Petrichor? And do you deliver to Canada? O:)
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I love when people bump to post foods they've made. Gives us bachelors new potential meal ideas.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

How's this for a bachelor (or other person) meal idea? Bacon! :drool: I have had way too much bacon over the last few months. I do it in the oven, so there's basically no work or mess, and then I have BLTs or make scrambled eggs and toast or whatever. It's good every time!